Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Marchand Playoff Diving

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
58 replies to this topic

#31 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,341 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:39 AM

Irrelevant, you guys act like Marchand is the only diver in the NHL, it's like Canucks fans are in a state of denial about their team.

We do dive, I acknowledge that, though not any more than many other teams. I wish we never did. I hate it when players dive. It's dishonest and classless. Doesn't matter which team.

Edited by ajhockey, 17 April 2012 - 12:40 AM.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#32 Buddhas Hand

Buddhas Hand

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,129 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:48 AM

We do dive, I acknowledge that, though not any more than many other teams. I wish we never did. I hate it when players dive. It's dishonest and classless. Doesn't matter which team.

right on , may as well watch soccer !

The Real war is not between the east and the west. The real war is between intelligent and stupid people.

Marjane Satrapi

tony-abbott-and-stephen-harper-custom-da

That men do not learn very much from the lessons of history is the most important of all the lessons that history has to teach.

Aldous Huxley.

#33 Thirteen

Thirteen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:36 AM

Will they let NHL players play in the Olympics even in the off season?

I can see it now!

Team Canada:

From Your Boston Bruins: Brad Marchand
From Your Vancouver Canucks: Alexander Burrrrrrrrows!

Vs.

Team USA:

From The Chicago Blackhawks PATRIIICK "20 CENT" KAAANE!

And last but not least from the Vancouver Canucks Ryaaaaaaan "Beat Mode" Kesssssssler!

Who do you think would win?

Posted ImageWooooooooooooooooooooooo!Posted Image

Posted Image
Favorites: Sir. KesLord , Kaner, Stammer, Toes & Pavelski

#34 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:38 AM

Irrelevant, you guys act like Marchand is the only diver in the NHL, it's like Canucks fans are in a state of denial about their team.

You don't get the point of this thread, do you? We act like Marchand is the only diver? Umm, all I am hearing from the media is how the Canucks are divers. Even the pathetic bruins with this rat on the team calls us out on it, and now look what is happening.

It seems like you are the one in the state of denial. I have yet to see anyone here try to deny that we embellish. I'm pretty sure everyone acknowledges that. What people like you don't acknowledge is that it isn't just us, yet the finger is always only pointed at the Canucks for some reason.
EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

#35 M A K A V E L I 96

M A K A V E L I 96

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,521 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:54 AM

http://www.washingto...5t3NT_blog.html :P
Posted Image

#36 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:56 AM

http://www.washingto...5t3NT_blog.html :P

hahahah nice makaveli. hope it gains even more media attention. it would be even more awesome if you got that sound clip in about marchand complaining about the habs? diving.

Edited by The Brahma Bull, 17 April 2012 - 09:56 AM.

#37 suolucidir

suolucidir

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,221 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:46 AM

No, this is the response to the assertion that only the Canucks dive. Surely, since you follow the team, you're familiar with the narrative. Threads like this are the response.
PSN: CloakOfSkill

Sometimes I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists somewhere in the universe is that none of it has tried to contact us.

It bugs me when people pull out the gold medal for an example... Luongo only had to outplay Brodeur.

#38 rotiman187

rotiman187

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,293 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:53 AM

LOL at least kesler get up this little rat stays on the ground like he got a broken leg.
Posted Image

#39 Bang Bang Boogie

Bang Bang Boogie

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,051 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:16 PM

Dude got speared in the nuts by Hendricks I beleive.
Posted Image

#40 gusadams8

gusadams8

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

lol .. even boston articles are finally realizing their rat problem .. hopefully the caps or flyers can douse this dirty team.

http://www.boston.co...al_offense.html

#41 Caboose

Caboose

Marlies Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,862 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:14 PM

The whole point of this thread was to show how ridiculous and bias the media is towards the Canucks. Do some of the Canucks dive? Sure they do. Most educated fans would agree. But when your very own team dives, you (the Bostons Bruins) don't have the right to call the Canucks out for diving. Hypocrisy at its finest.

For the record I am not a Boston Bruins fan.

Posted Image

Vintage Canuck's #1 Supporter

#42 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZZ7RjJRRM0

So Kesler should too?

wow its like i have a time machine , went into the future and saw that you were about to post this because you sir are the biggest anti homer - i hate the canucks but love em when they do good type of loser there is

i bet when the team scores you go get upset and angry , and only calm down when the games lost or tied like "i knew it , this team sucks"

go get a life

Edited by cIutch, 17 April 2012 - 03:45 PM.

Posted Image

#43 Caboose

Caboose

Marlies Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,862 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:48 PM

wow its like i have a time machine , went into the future and saw that you were about to post this because you sir are the biggest anti homer - i hate the canucks but love em when they do good type of loser there is

I am a realist, not a hater.

If I see Kesler take a blatant dive I point it out. The Canucks dive more than most teams, if you don't see that you are blind.

Do I like how the media only points out Canuck dives? No. Do I acknowledge that that Kesler is embellishing what seems to be every play he is involved in? Yes.

Posted Image

#44 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:49 PM

i understand that someone was going to post that , i dont think marchand is the only diver in the league

but i knew YOU would post it , not anyone else YOU

seriously go cheer for the leafs so you really have something to complain about

Edited by cIutch, 17 April 2012 - 03:50 PM.

Posted Image

#45 Caboose

Caboose

Marlies Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,862 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:53 PM

i understand that someone was going to post that , i dont think marchand is the only diver in the league

but i knew YOU would post it , not anyone else YOU

seriously go cheer for the leafs so you really have something to complain about

I do cheer for the Leafs, I have plenty to complain about.

Posted Image

#46 Industrious1

Industrious1

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,805 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:04 PM

Lots of players dive, including some of our very own (which makes me grind my teeth). I don't hold it against them as it is so common in the NHL now, but I would like to see some of these cheap shots eliminated from the League.

#47 The Sedin's 6th Sense

The Sedin's 6th Sense

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,431 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 04:57 PM

1st class acting

Posted Image

"You know what my favourite Super Bowl is? The next one."

- Tom Brady

#48 soshified

soshified

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,288 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 05:06 PM

According to the Media:

Canucks: Divers, whiners, chirps

Everyone else: It's a hockey play that draws penalties.

This is so true. Everyone says Canucks are the only ones that dives, but they're too blind or dumb to realize that their team dives too!

Posted Image

#49 Lychees

Lychees

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,093 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:33 PM

If I see Kesler take a blatant dive I point it out. The Canucks dive more than most teams, if you don't see that you are blind.

Do I like how the media only points out Canuck dives? No. Do I acknowledge that that Kesler is embellishing what seems to be every play he is involved in? Yes.

You probably only say that because you watch the Canucks game, if you actually watch any other game there's ample enough diving that just isn't as obvious and blatant as the Canucks. Take off the "I'm a realist cause I can see things objectively" glasses because you obviously just like trolling other people.

Do the Canucks dive? Yes. More than other teams? Sure some but for the general consensus it's unlikely

#50 PlanTheParade

PlanTheParade

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:07 PM

The first Backstrom crosscheck was kinda legit, a bit light but I would still make that call. The 2nd/3rd ones were Olympic podium-worthy LOLz.

re: Kesler-Mitchell dive. It was a dumb dive to take since he was going to get called for it regardless if he went down or not (this is not always this case though)

#51 LeanBeef

LeanBeef

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,198 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:48 PM

Even the Jack Edward's partner called him on it after Backstroms little push to his back.

But every team has a diver or a couple. We have Kesler, Burrows, Lapierre, and at times; Henrik Sedin. We also have Raymond who looks like a flopper due to constantly falling down ,but really he isn't one.

Bruins have Ference, Krejci, Peverley, and Big nose.
Sig too big.
"Being a Canuck fan, maybe sometime down the road be a Vancouver Canuck.... that would conquer all my dreams"
-Milan Lucic

#52 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,380 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

Again, if you want, feel free to make a brand new thread on about how much the CAnucks dive. this thread is about Marchand diving, not the Canucks. It's like us making a Luongo thread on Luonog highlites, and us posting video's of his awesomeness and you respond by posting Thomas highlites. It doesn't make sense, and to some extent, your trolling.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#53 Florence

Florence

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,619 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:24 PM

From the HF Boards, I got a chuckle.

Posted Image

ezgifcom-gif-maker_zps756122ce.gif

#54 lundhead

lundhead

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:30 PM

It's not that other teams don't dive it just seems like the nucks make it so blatantly obvious at times. I don't know what kesler was thinking but that's the kind of move that deflates your team, it's basically like saying to your teammates "I don't think we can score 5on5 so I'm gonna draw a penalty". Same thing with the backwards somersault I'm gm 1, it gives the impression that you have zero confidence in your team's ability to score.

#55 magoomba

magoomba

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 357 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:30 PM

Better for the league if he does his diving than taking out knee caps trying to "defend himself".

#56 lundhead

lundhead

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:37 PM

Plus we have to remember, it takes 1000 times longer to gain respect than lose it. The rep we got during last yrs finals is gonna take a long time to get rid of.

#57 oldnews

oldnews

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,078 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:34 AM

the ironing is that Jack Edwards was a soccer player...

#58 MrsCanuck

MrsCanuck

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,629 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:00 AM

Him and Kesler probably practice together in the off season.
Posted Image

#59 Starfruits

Starfruits

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,792 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 02:26 AM

Latest new on Marchand diving: Getting speared by Chimera..

Brad Marchand is one of those irritating players. Brian Burke might call him a rat. He's the sort of guy that can drive a man to do things he might not otherwise do, such as, say, spear Brad Marchand in the groin with the blade of his stick.
That's what Washington Capitals forward Jason Chimera did. For this, he was inexplicably given a two-minute penalty for slashing. There is, I remind you, NHL officials, a spearing rule, and this could be an instructional video on an instance in which to call it:
[img]http://l.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/e7cotheWErVHhp3UHbAw2g--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://media.zenfs.com/en/blogs/sptusnhlexperts/crotch-shot.jpg[/img]groin shot
Here's how it went down:
Ouch. Right in the Li'l Champion.

But don't weep for Marchand. The man was absolutely committed to drawing penalties in this game, so I'm sure he found this spear just as satisfying as Chimera did. Plus the Bruins won, so he took one for the boys, both literally and figuratively.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.