The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schedule A Blessing In Disguise?

RyanKeslord17

Now I'm not saying that we are gonna come back and win this for sure, it will be very tough and a long shot, but our schedule does make it possible. Just think about it, Daniel flew over to LA this afternoon, he's gonna have a nice rest, take the morning practice tomorrow, and see how he's feeling. If he plays, this is motivation. This will be what gives us that power to win Game #4. Daniel, even if blanked on the scoreboard, will give us inspiration within. Then, we get Thursday, Friday, and Saturday, to work on that piece of cr*p PP, defensive coverage and Danny will be resting up in the meanwhile. That's what should win us Game #5. Game 6, if we win, will be pure confidence, and it will be the toughest game to win in the series. I think a motivated, confident and determined Canucks group can win it.

Then Game 7, anything can happen, but let's not count out our home ice, and momentum going into that game. What do you guys think?

:bigblush:

I was thinking the exact same thing when looking at the schedule. It seems perfect for the situation the Canucks are in. However, a 3 day break could also be used by L.A. to figure the newly motivated Canucks team out. If that happens then uh-oh. However, it's all about who is more motivated and determined and if we see a good game in Game 4 then I'm sure Canucks will be willing to fight hard for the next few games. GO CANUCKS GO! Win in 7 games!

The schedule is great. The Kings are already thinking past this series, wondering who they'll face next. The big stretches between games will allow the Canucks to give everything they can, and keep this thing going.

If we stay alive to lose game 7 I'll be pissed after I sacrifice studying for every one of my finals to spend time and effort, analyzing, watching for news, stressing, etc. for this. I was about to accept defeat but after I heard about Daniel this morning I haven't been able to settle myself down to study. Then the other 3 games have come on since so I obviously watched them. First World Pains right here.

lol this team doesn't get motivated by anything so don't get your hopes up. They never retaliate when someone injures their star player and yet you think they'll get motivated by daniel's return? lol give me a break. Wasn't manny's return last year suppose to be motivational? Wasn't the fact that they were playing game 7 SCF at home motivational? Don't waste your time

lol this team doesn't get motivated by anything so don't get your hopes up. They never retaliate when someone injures their star player and yet you think they'll get motivated by daniel's return? lol give me a break. Wasn't manny's return last year suppose to be motivational? Wasn't the fact that they were playing game 7 SCF at home motivational? Don't waste your time

I have to be honest with you. I am by far the last person that would ever jump on that bandwagon, but after game three. I cried.

I have been a Canuck fan since 1991 and I have seen it all, and been through it all, believed and went through

every emotion possible as a teenager. I jumped up in joy and cried when Burrows scored that goal vs Chicago.

But after game 3, everything looked for the first time in a long time, BLEAK. I mean in the past. I was able to accept

the fact that they lost. This year, seemed different, yeah sure they won their presidents trophy I kept telling all of my

friends and family and the "haters" that they will "flip the switch".

Then they DOMINATED game 3, and they couldnt get anything past Quick. Then ONE blunder and were down 0-3.

For the first time EVER I honestly believed the Canucks couldnt come back. I had no faith in them.

BUT, this morning when I heard about Danny maybe returning , my heart skipped. I know that some people are saying he

may be coming back and this is a desparate move by the Canucks. I dont know about that. I dont think he would

risk his health for the game of hockey. Danny spends time with people who are sick all of the time. I doubt it that he would

risk everything he has to become "one of them". I think by some "hockey God" miracle, he is actually better. If we win game 4.

I think it changes everything about the series. If we play like we did with our lines back together, score the PP goals, dont flip

the puck over the glass on crucial situations. Its like everything is set up for this moment. The Canucks want to prove to the rest

of the world that they arent "chokers" this is it. This is their moment. I really think they will thrive.

If not, I know they are going to go down with out a fight.

I've had the same thought. Schedule definitely works in our favour ESPECIALLY for games 4/5. If we can win game 4 tmrw, think about how discouraging it will be for the Kings to have to jump on a plane back to Canada and wait (3 full days off) until Sunday for another chance to close us out. they're going to want to finish us off nice and easy at home tmrw night, but if we can hold them off, this is a whole new series with a long break coming back to vancouver.

I have to agree with you here.

Before the series started, I thought that the 2 day and 3 day break would kill us like:

1994: Canucks win Game 5 & 6 then have a 2 day break and lose game 7

2011: Canucks win Game 5 - have a 2 day break - lose games 6 and 7.

I'm not saying we are coming back, but if we win tomorrow, we can make a series out of it.

Archived