Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Green Men: "this Is For Rypper"

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
16 replies to this topic

#1 Thirty Niner

Thirty Niner

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,911 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:36 PM

In game 1, on one of the penalties the green men brought out a sign that read "This is for Rypper"

Crazy. I don't think all fans understand what Rypien embodied. Heart, emotion, and grit. That is not this team.

What I'd do to have had Rypien here for this series.

I hope the Canucks will show me this in game 4.

#2 canucktican

canucktican

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,130 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

Don't worry the Canucks got this!!

#3 MLT

MLT

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 856 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:38 PM

great post. keep this one at the top!

Edited by MLT, 16 April 2012 - 09:39 PM.

Posted Image

#4 Teemu Selänne

Teemu Selänne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,243 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:39 PM

AV should show the team that video before next game.

#5 Guest_The Brown Burrows_*

Guest_The Brown Burrows_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:52 PM

Everyone knows what Rypien was all about.

* It was a great sign, but the green men aren't the same (getting worse, although this was a nice tribute).

#6 kintastic

kintastic

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 91 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:53 PM

I still wear his jersey with pride.

My rypien tribute:

Edited by kintastic, 16 April 2012 - 10:17 PM.

"You miss 100% of the shots you dont take" - The Great One.

“Computers in the future may weigh no more than 1.5 tons.” [Popular Mechanics, forecasting the relentless march of science, 1949]

#7 luongotv

luongotv

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:55 PM

Rip Rypien forever a Canuck

Swedish-twins.gif

#8 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,197 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 09:59 PM

Right now I wish wetcoster was here, but anyone know why the Canucks didn't even re sign him? I know, it doesn't mean anything now, but he signed a 700 000 Contract with the Winnipeg Jets. After seeing what he did in that shift, theres no way in hell, we couldn't afford a guy like on our team. Let alone 700k, give him 800k....

Well, I , I feel very good about this draft, but I, I think, potentially you know were gonna have 3 or 4 NHL players out of this group, ummmm, you know like we are not going to prejudice to were they are from.

-Jim Benning June 27, 2015 shortly after the completion of the 2015 NHL Entry draft in Miami Florida.

#9 Bleed_Blue1

Bleed_Blue1

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:31 PM

We can do this! For Rypper!!!

If you hear a voice within you say "you cannot paint," then by all means paint, and that voice will be silenced. ~Vincent Van Gogh

Posted Image

#10 nucks all the way

nucks all the way

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 297 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 10:40 PM

Every time I see videos of Rypper I feel so sad. Such heart and passion. Hopefully the Canucks can pull at least one out for RR. RIP

#11 austy

austy

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 506 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:19 PM

sorry to change the tone of the thread but...I was watching something a while ago about ryp when he and burrows first go into the team. If i recall ryp was playing maybe third line ahead of burrows then ryp broke his leg, burrows took his spot and ran with, and the rest is history. So my question is did that leg fracture set him back a lot, (hockey wise-not fighting wise). was there a time when skill wise ryp was better than burrows? anyone around back then that can chime in?
i am from oz. so didnt get to watch any of the games. maybe i just completely messed up and none of this really happend. sorry if so. :)

please be gentle with my posts...I am Australian, hockey isnt my first language.

#12 GSS Corp.

GSS Corp.

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

Rypper was amazing for us. So much heart! RIP!
Posted Image

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

#13 GSS Corp.

GSS Corp.

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 959 posts

Posted 16 April 2012 - 11:22 PM

sorry to change the tone of the thread but...I was watching something a while ago about ryp when he and burrows first go into the team. If i recall ryp was playing maybe third line ahead of burrows then ryp broke his leg, burrows took his spot and ran with, and the rest is history. So my question is did that leg fracture set him back a lot, (hockey wise-not fighting wise). was there a time when skill wise ryp was better than burrows? anyone around back then that can chime in?
i am from oz. so didnt get to watch any of the games. maybe i just completely messed up and none of this really happend. sorry if so. :)

In his last season you can tell he's got hands and scored a few pretty goals.
Posted Image

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

#14 forevernucks19

forevernucks19

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:27 AM

In game 1, on one of the penalties the green men brought out a sign that read "This is for Rypper"

Crazy. I don't think all fans understand what Rypien embodied. Heart, emotion, and grit. That is not this team.

What I'd do to have had Rypien here for this series.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gzQYCCheSkQ

I hope the Canucks will show me this in game 4.

If we get like Alberts or lappy or even bitz (but not hurting anyone). We can be like that. Poor rypper. Miss that guy :'(.

#15 forevernucks19

forevernucks19

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 345 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:29 AM

Right now I wish wetcoster was here, but anyone know why the Canucks didn't even re sign him? I know, it doesn't mean anything now, but he signed a 700 000 Contract with the Winnipeg Jets. After seeing what he did in that shift, theres no way in hell, we couldn't afford a guy like on our team. Let alone 700k, give him 800k....

Wetcoster?...

#16 Christophe

Christophe

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 908 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:57 AM

Man i miss having Rypien in the line up

#17 ckamo

ckamo

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,850 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:25 AM

It's possible he just wanted to sign in Winnipeg. He's got a lot of history there with the Moose and from what I could tell had a very close relationship with the management/organization. I was very glad for him when he signed with the Jets as it felt like a homecoming for him. It could very well be the case that Gillis did offer Ryp a contract and he just chose to go to the Jets.

Wetcoster?...

Wetcoaster

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.