The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Green Men: "this Is For Rypper"

Thirty Niner

In game 1, on one of the penalties the green men brought out a sign that read "This is for Rypper"

Crazy. I don't think all fans understand what Rypien embodied. Heart, emotion, and grit. That is not this team.

What I'd do to have had Rypien here for this series.

I hope the Canucks will show me this in game 4.

Guest The Brown Burrows

Everyone knows what Rypien was all about.

* It was a great sign, but the green men aren't the same (getting worse, although this was a nice tribute).

Right now I wish wetcoster was here, but anyone know why the Canucks didn't even re sign him? I know, it doesn't mean anything now, but he signed a 700 000 Contract with the Winnipeg Jets. After seeing what he did in that shift, theres no way in hell, we couldn't afford a guy like on our team. Let alone 700k, give him 800k....

sorry to change the tone of the thread but...I was watching something a while ago about ryp when he and burrows first go into the team. If i recall ryp was playing maybe third line ahead of burrows then ryp broke his leg, burrows took his spot and ran with, and the rest is history. So my question is did that leg fracture set him back a lot, (hockey wise-not fighting wise). was there a time when skill wise ryp was better than burrows? anyone around back then that can chime in?

i am from oz. so didnt get to watch any of the games. maybe i just completely messed up and none of this really happend. sorry if so. :)

sorry to change the tone of the thread but...I was watching something a while ago about ryp when he and burrows first go into the team. If i recall ryp was playing maybe third line ahead of burrows then ryp broke his leg, burrows took his spot and ran with, and the rest is history. So my question is did that leg fracture set him back a lot, (hockey wise-not fighting wise). was there a time when skill wise ryp was better than burrows? anyone around back then that can chime in?

i am from oz. so didnt get to watch any of the games. maybe i just completely messed up and none of this really happend. sorry if so. :)

In game 1, on one of the penalties the green men brought out a sign that read "This is for Rypper"

Crazy. I don't think all fans understand what Rypien embodied. Heart, emotion, and grit. That is not this team.

What I'd do to have had Rypien here for this series.

I hope the Canucks will show me this in game 4.

Right now I wish wetcoster was here, but anyone know why the Canucks didn't even re sign him? I know, it doesn't mean anything now, but he signed a 700 000 Contract with the Winnipeg Jets. After seeing what he did in that shift, theres no way in hell, we couldn't afford a guy like on our team. Let alone 700k, give him 800k....

Archived