Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Daniel Sedin Set To Re-Join The Team In La

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:33 AM

This hasn't been posted?

CDC Front Page.

DANIEL SEDIN TO REJOIN CANUCKS

Daniel Sedin, who has not played since suffering a concussion at the hands of Chicago Blackhawks defenceman Duncan Keith on March 21st, will arrive in Los Angeles today to hopefully rejoin the Canucks for Game 4 of the Western Conference Quarter-Final.

The forward, who led Vancouver in scoring with 30 goals, will practice with the Canucks Tuesday and hopes to play Wednesday, but that has yet to be confirmed.

Daniel is continuing to follow the protocol, he’s been cleared for practice with the team, so he’s flying in later on this afternoon,” said coach Alain Vigneault, outside the team hotel Monday afternoon.
With goals at a premium for the Canucks in this series, Vancouver getting its leading goal-scorer back when it needs him most would be a massive boost for the now underdog Presidents’ Trophy winners.

Whether Daniel plays or not in Game 4 isn’t up to Vigneault; regardless of the situation, the forward will not be rushed back before he’s ready to play.

”That won’t be my decision, that’s a medical decision, he’s been skating now for quite a few days, they feel that he’s progressed real well and he’s cleared to practice with the team, so exactly what that means we’ll have a better indication in the next couple of days.”
If he were to play…oh man, if he were to play…

”Obviously right now because Danny is not there we’ve got plenty of guys playing out of roles, out of their best possible position to help out this team, that’s nothing new, you go through that in a regular season,” said Vigneault. “But right now, with the level of competition that we’re up against and the situation that we’re faced with, obviously for him to be back in our line-up would be a big boost.”

HISTORY WILL BE MADE

It’s a shame the National Hockey League changed its slogan prior to the start of the 2012 Playoffs, because one way or another history will be made.

No Presidents’ Trophy winner has ever been swept in four games in the opening round and the Los Angeles Kings have never swept a playoff series, period.

If the Vancouver Canucks can rebound and steal a win in Game 4 to prevent both those things from happening, they’ll be en route to potentially a different kind of history.

Although the team is taking things one game at a time, a win Wednesday would put the Canucks down 3-1 in the best-of-seven Western Conference Quarter-Final, with Game 5 back in Vancouver Sunday.

A win in Game 5 and it’s on like Donkey Kong – sorry, I’m getting ahead of myself.
Game 4 is the focus and it’s do or die in every sense of the word with the season on the line.
”We’re faced with a very tough task,” assessed coach Vigneualt. “I believe that we need to start this task by winning one period and if we win one period, we’ll focus on the next period. We really have to have a narrow, short, focused mindset right now and we’ll be talking about that for the next couple of days.”

For anyone writing off a possible Canucks comeback, simply turn your calendar back to a year ago when Vancouver held a 3-0 series lead over Chicago. Was there even a splinter of doubt the Canucks wouldn't win that series, possibly in a sweep?

Three bad losses later and next thing you knew the Canucks were in overtime of Game 7 with the series a goal away.

Keith Ballard said the Canucks are drawing on that experience to try and become the fourth NHL team ever, and fifth squad in pro sports, to comeback from down 3-0 to win a best-of-seven series.
”They were one great Roberto Luongo save away from winning that thing, it was that save he made in overtime in Game 7,” said Ballard. “We looked at that, that happened to us, we were a very good hockey team, we’re playing a good hockey team right now and we know we can produce that same thing. It starts with winning one game.”

”That’s how the playoffs are, it could go either way,” added Cory Schneider. “Last year when we were up on Chicago, it could have been 3-0 or 2-1 them, sometimes it just takes a bounce or one great play and it can shift the entire momentum of the series.”

http://canucks.nhl.c...vid=DL|VAN|home

Canucks: Daniel Sedin headed to L.A.

The cavalry, in the person of injured star Daniel Sedin, may be about to arrive.
According to the Vancouver Canucks’ official Twitter feed, Sedin is en route to Los Angeles and will join the team for a full practice Tuesday, in the hopes that he’ll be back in the lineup for Wednesday’s fourth game of the Western Conference quarter-final.

The Kings lead the series 3-0 and a primary reason is Vancouver’s inability to score – and to score on the power play. Sedin is their perennial goal-scoring leader and has 28 power-play goals to his credit over the past two seasons.

Coach Alain Vigneault said he couldn’t say for sure yet whether Sedin would be able to return to the lineup.
“That won’t be my decision, that’s a medical decision,” said Vigneault. “He’s been skating now for quite a few days. They feel he’s progressed real well and he’s cleared to practice with the team. Exactly what that means, we’ll have a better indication in the next couple of days.”

Asked what Sedin’s return might mean to a Canucks team whose season is teetering on the brink, Vigneault replied: “Well, he’s our top scorer. Is that a good answer?

“Obviously, right now, because Danny’s not there, we’ve got quite a few guys playing out of roles or out of their best possible position to help out this team. That’s nothing new. You go through that throughout the regular season, but obviously right now, with the level of competition we’re up against, and the situation we’re faced with, to have him back in our lineup would be a big boost. But we don’t know, so we’ll see how everything goes in the next little while here.”

The Canucks took a maintenance day Monday at their beachfront hotel, with only a handful of players meeting the press in the early afternoon.

One of them was Sedin’s fellow Swede, Samuel Pahlsson, who thought Daniel’s return could provide a boost, but shouldn’t necessarily be viewed as a saviour either.

“Like you said, he’s our leading scorer and we want him out there, but we should be able to score some goals without him too,” said Pahlsson.

Thus far in the series, Vancouver has managed only four goals in three games.

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/sports/hockey/canucks-daniel-sedin-headed-to-la/article2404101/

Edited by key2thecup, 17 April 2012 - 02:36 AM.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

#2 Gz

Gz

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,351 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:35 AM

It's been posted a number of times. Old news already. :lol:

totally agree although i wouldnt have minded jvr in a 3 way.

Context, people, context.

#3 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:37 AM

It's been posted a number of times. Old news already. :lol:

crap lol my bad.

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

#4 Kes_4_Pres

Kes_4_Pres

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:44 AM

Go Nucks Go!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

"Proceeds go to a translator for Alex Burrows."
-Bieksa on Ryan Kesler's clothing line.

#5 Ace_of_Spades

Ace_of_Spades

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:47 AM

:picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard:

Dude..... your kidding right? there's like a 30 page thread on this already, the rest of CDC has already jumped back on the bandwagon where were you?

#6 key2thecup

key2thecup

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,969 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:51 AM

:picard: :picard: :picard: :picard: :picard:

Dude..... your kidding right? there's like a 30 page thread on this already, the rest of CDC has already jumped back on the bandwagon where were you?

lol work dude just got off, are you talking about the 'return of daniel means ...' thread?

Dr. Ron Paul 2016!

Dr. Rand Paul 2016!

#7 Ace_of_Spades

Ace_of_Spades

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 770 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 02:54 AM

lol I'm talking about any one of about 10 different threads out there about Daniel yes. You should've been here to see how many threads there were on it before the mods caught up with it all and locked 20 of them lol

#8 WeDreamOfStanley

WeDreamOfStanley

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:19 AM

This is my favourite return of Daniel thread

#9 5minutesinthebox

5minutesinthebox

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,675 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 03:44 AM

This is my favourite return of Daniel thread

I like the other one where they talk more with the team about the impact it will have. I think it has a poll.

Posted Image

#10 78thseason

78thseason

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:38 AM

My optimism has truly been tested and is at an all time low, regardless, just don't get swept boys! heh
oh welcome back daniel, get us some goals son...

Edited by 78thseason, 17 April 2012 - 09:42 AM.

#11 Gino Odjick

Gino Odjick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:00 AM

If Daniel returns, he won't score a single goal...

He'll get a hat-trick.

#12 gumshoe242

gumshoe242

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:50 PM

My optimism has truly been tested and is at an all time low, regardless, just don't get swept boys! heh
oh welcome back daniel, get us some goals son...

Don't get swept?? Get off this forum... you are no fan. The comeback starts tomorrow night!!

#13 pwnstar

pwnstar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,311 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:04 PM

If Daniel returns, he won't score a single goal...

He'll get a hat-trick.

:bigblush:

Posted Image

#14 Columbo

Columbo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,901 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:28 PM

What's the point of playing Daniel? Winning game 4 is still a long way from winning the series. The risk of Daniel being hit in the head and going out with a long-term concussion is not worth it to potentially win a game in the first round of a series we will most likely lose anyway.

Maybe if we win games 4 and 5 without him, it's worth sticking him back in.

#15 Canucksftw0205

Canucksftw0205

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:30 PM

I had a strong feeling they'd bring him in for game 4 in a last ditch attempt to try to give the team a better fighting chance. Really excited he'll be playing again. I hope this lights a fire under the whole team and increases their fight level. When our team has that kind of drive, we're a force to be reckoned with.

When you think about it, tackling it one game at a time seems much less daunting than thinking, "Oh, now I've got to win four straight games." That's not to say that the matter should be treated lightly; it's just breaking down an important task into more mentally manageable tasks.

Edited by Canucksftw0205, 17 April 2012 - 01:31 PM.

Respect your Edler! Posted Image

#16 WeDreamOfStanley

WeDreamOfStanley

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 369 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:58 PM

I like the other one where they talk more with the team about the impact it will have. I think it has a poll.

My comment was more so a dig at the people that always feel the need to post a response about how there are already so many threads about the issue, those replies are as bad as the redundant topics.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.