The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Get A Grip!

krazysl

If we do get knocked out first round, which is a realistic chance. Lets not sell the team.

1. Take it easy on Zach, last season everybody was calling Cody a dud. Zach is the same age and I am sure a summer with the Nucks will do no harm and the kid will get better.

2. Kessler always works out in the summer and gets better then the previous year. This season however he couldnt because of surgery, players do show in the past that they can have a poor season. I wont put the axe to his head until next season is done and no progress has been made.

3. Lou & Schneid, dont know what to do about that one, I hope we keep schneid just because lower cap hit and we can pick up another player on Lou contract, and he is younger with room to get better, but also room to get worse. But trading Schneid would bring us a high pick, or high prospect.

4. D Sedin and H Sedin, I believe we can win with these guys and I hope they retire here. They might not be Canadian but they were drafted by us and it would be nice if they retire here, If we win the cup with them we can retire their jerseys for real.

5. Edler, he has had a poor series, a very poor series. This guy is 25 and had had more positive series then negative ones. He will be an impact D and elite D.

6. Coach AV, I dont agree with all that he does, but he is a good coach. We started the series missing D sedin, that is a big piece of our team. Would you fire Pitsburgh coach for losing first round last year, he was missing crosby and malkin. D Sedin and H sedin is what this team is built around and other role players can play their role. There is lots of things I dont like coach AV for but he will n ot lose his job when he went into battle with his top threat sidelined. H and D Sedin are great together and good alone.

We need a piece here and there but I think the goaltending situation sorted out will add that piece.

Get a grip? Who said we're going to sell the team? Over 400 consecutive sell outs with the current product.

Got to get a grip

Skin and bones, it ain't such a pity

If you think I'm vein, better shut ya lip

I can't explain how to be fat city

You gotta live large, gotta let it rip

Don't cha gimme no flack, honey shut ya lip

Ya gotta have stones if you're living in the city

If ya wanna hang loose gotta get a grip rip

Get a grip?  Who said we're going to sell the team?  Over 400 consecutive sell outs with the current product.

Got to get a grip

If you think I'm vein, better shut ya lip

I can't explain how to be fat city

You gotta live large, gotta let it rip

Don't cha gimme no flack, honey shut ya lip

Ya gotta have stones if you're living in the city

If ya wanna hang loose gotta get a grip rip

1. It's Zack Kassian and Ryan Kesler. Get it right if you're going to be a fan of this team. Zack Kassian will not be traded any time soon. He's got a few years to prove if he's a bust or actually has what it takes.

2. Don't think for a second that anyone's job except Gillis' is safe. Gillis brought in the proper pieces and didn't change the team drastically, yet AV had a hard time motivating that same team to beat L.A., the 8th seed team. It's not all about regular season success.

3. There's no way Gillis would/could trade away all of our key pieces. One bad playoff series shouldn't equal a drastic decision like that. Expect our 3rd/4th line to change a little much like it has been over the last 4 years.

All I can say is that Kassian is missing so many aspects to his game that at this rate he will be a bust. Let's not make him sound like an 18 year old, he's 21 and has not lived up to his draft expectations.

Given his play style, he will not be given as much time as the "skill" forwards such as Hodgson or Grabner.

All I can say is that Kassian is missing so many aspects to his game that at this rate he will be a bust. Let's not make him sound like an 18 year old, he's 21 and has not lived up to his draft expectations.

Given his play style, he will not be given as much time as the "skill" forwards such as Hodgson or Grabner.

Last year we had Chicago down 3-0 and they came back and won the next 3 games and only lost Game 7 because we had a lucky bounce....... that could have been us and never getting to Game7 for the Cup. If Chicago can come back when down 3-0....so can the Canucks this year.

If we are going to go anywhere in the playoffs, the Canucks have to play like other teams.....don't turn the other cheek. If they run our star players and attempt to injure, we do the same. For example, when Brown threw that devastating check on Henrik, we don't go after Brown, we go after Kopitar or Doughty. It won't be long before teams get the word that if you attempt to injure our stars, your stars are probably not going to last the series either. Same goes for Chicago, don't go after Duncan Keith, go after Toews and Kane. If the refs are not going to call it and the league is not going to issue a meaningful suspension then you have little choice....not the preferred solution but if you don't command respect from the other teams then the league is not going to worry about it either.

As far as the goalies, my preferred route would be to keep Schneider at all costs. He is the better goalie of the two, is younger and can carry this team for years. We don't know how good Lack is going to be yet and I don't think Luo can play 65 games and then be an outstanding goalie for the long playoff run. He needs a very capable goalie like Schneids backing him up.

Kassian is nowhere near the player that Cody was last year so don't use that to justify his play. He might be a good player down the road but right now, he needs a lot of coaching and ice time. If AV doesn't have faith in him, he will not get the icetime during the playoffs. The sad thing is that AV did finally have faith in Cody and then we dump him for a player with unproven potential. This is not a slight on Kassian but really this was a super bad trade.

Let's focus on winning this series before we discuss what we are going to do if we are knocked out this year playoffs.

1. It's Zack Kassian and Ryan Kesler. Get it right if you're going to be a fan of this team. Zack Kassian will not be traded any time soon. He's got a few years to prove if he's a bust or actually has what it takes.

2. Don't think for a second that anyone's job except Gillis' is safe. Gillis brought in the proper pieces and didn't change the team drastically, yet AV had a hard time motivating that same team to beat L.A., the 8th seed team. It's not all about regular season success.

3. There's no way Gillis would/could trade away all of our key pieces. One bad playoff series shouldn't equal a drastic decision like that. Expect our 3rd/4th line to change a little much like it has been over the last 4 years.

To win the cup your team must face some adversity. Last year there wasn't much adversity other than the injurys. Last year Canucks never trailed in a series. This is the adversity being down 3 games.

Canucks are first seed and Kings 8th seed. I'd feel much different if the Canucks were the 8th seed. They can win this series, just like they went into Boston this year and won and went into Detroit and won. So we can go into LA and win.

We got them just were we want them.

Archived