The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Get A Grip!

krazysl

All I can say is that Kassian is missing so many aspects to his game that at this rate he will be a bust. Let's not make him sound like an 18 year old, he's 21 and has not lived up to his draft expectations.

Given his play style, he will not be given as much time as the "skill" forwards such as Hodgson or Grabner.

Don't panic yet. The Canucks are a very good squad. Ride this thing out. They may pull through. One thing to remember is that it's nearly impossible to return to the finals in back to nack years. The Canucks were facing enormous pressure form their fans. Teams are gunning for them and have been studying how to beat them all year.

I agree with everything the OP said, including keeping Schneider. As much as it might hurt to agree with that, The team can get much more for Lu and maybe that can push the Canucks over the hump.

Anyone thinking there will be major changes, even if we get swept, is out of their minds. This team has made it to game 7 of the SCF, won two President's trophies, won the division title 5 of the last 6 seasons, and have the most winningest coach in franchise history in the fewest number of games. Unlike CDC, Canucks management isn't easy to press the panic button. There will be tweaks here and there but nothing significant, and yes, AV will certainly be around for another year.

if this team get swept....

i would atleast tickle the chances of trading the sedins.....i know unlikely and extreme but you never know

maybe...

to van: perry, getzlaf

to ana: sedins

unrealistic to get everyone on board but this would drastically change the canucks morale with getzlaf, perry, kesler, and burrows leading this team through a tough western conference......i dont anyone saying getzlaf is spoiled goods after the season he had because i have no idea what the hell happened to him (literally no idea) but he should be a 30g/60a player year in and year out

burrows-getzlaf-perry

xxxxxx-kesler-booth

higgins-pahlsson-hansen

malhotra-lapierre-kassian

If we do get knocked out first round, which is a realistic chance. Lets not sell the team.

1. Take it easy on Zach, last season everybody was calling Cody a dud. Zach is the same age and I am sure a summer with the Nucks will do no harm and the kid will get better.

2. Kessler always works out in the summer and gets better then the previous year. This season however he couldnt because of surgery, players do show in the past that they can have a poor season. I wont put the axe to his head until next season is done and no progress has been made.

3. Lou & Schneid, dont know what to do about that one, I hope we keep schneid just because lower cap hit and we can pick up another player on Lou contract, and he is younger with room to get better, but also room to get worse. But trading Schneid would bring us a high pick, or high prospect.

4. D Sedin and H Sedin, I believe we can win with these guys and I hope they retire here. They might not be Canadian but they were drafted by us and it would be nice if they retire here, If we win the cup with them we can retire their jerseys for real.

5. Edler, he has had a poor series, a very poor series. This guy is 25 and had had more positive series then negative ones. He will be an impact D and elite D.

6. Coach AV, I dont agree with all that he does, but he is a good coach. We started the series missing D sedin, that is a big piece of our team. Would you fire Pitsburgh coach for losing first round last year, he was missing crosby and malkin. D Sedin and H sedin is what this team is built around and other role players can play their role. There is lots of things I dont like coach AV for but he will n ot lose his job when he went into battle with his top threat sidelined. H and D Sedin are great together and good alone.

We need a piece here and there but I think the goaltending situation sorted out will add that piece.

I don't like the Hodgson trade because of the way it was done.

1. A trade of that nature should be done in the off season; as H. could have helped this year, but Kassian can not. (He should actually be in the minors, and may well be for the next couple years.)

2. Apparently few GMs even knew H. was on the block; that's no way to get the most for your asset.

Apart from that;

- No one knows what K. will end up like; though a lot of people think Foligno was the better prospect.

- Scoring centers are Much harder to find than wingers. (Think of how few the Canucks have ever drafted.)

Archived