God I hope not!!!
Mac T will be the head coach of the Canucks next year, guaranteed
Get A Grip!
Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:32 PM
Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:59 PM
If we do get knocked out first round, which is a realistic chance. Lets not sell the team.
1. Take it easy on Zach, last season everybody was calling Cody a dud. Zach is the same age and I am sure a summer with the Nucks will do no harm and the kid will get better.
2. Kessler always works out in the summer and gets better then the previous year. This season however he couldnt because of surgery, players do show in the past that they can have a poor season. I wont put the axe to his head until next season is done and no progress has been made.
3. Lou & Schneid, dont know what to do about that one, I hope we keep schneid just because lower cap hit and we can pick up another player on Lou contract, and he is younger with room to get better, but also room to get worse. But trading Schneid would bring us a high pick, or high prospect.
4. D Sedin and H Sedin, I believe we can win with these guys and I hope they retire here. They might not be Canadian but they were drafted by us and it would be nice if they retire here, If we win the cup with them we can retire their jerseys for real.
5. Edler, he has had a poor series, a very poor series. This guy is 25 and had had more positive series then negative ones. He will be an impact D and elite D.
6. Coach AV, I dont agree with all that he does, but he is a good coach. We started the series missing D sedin, that is a big piece of our team. Would you fire Pitsburgh coach for losing first round last year, he was missing crosby and malkin. D Sedin and H sedin is what this team is built around and other role players can play their role. There is lots of things I dont like coach AV for but he will n ot lose his job when he went into battle with his top threat sidelined. H and D Sedin are great together and good alone.
We need a piece here and there but I think the goaltending situation sorted out will add that piece.
I agree with almost everything you said, except we're keeping Luongo. Despite what people think, he's proven himself. And its much tougher to get rid of a contract like that. I certainly hope we dont lose him. He could be the next Brodeur!
Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:30 PM
Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:50 PM
1. A trade of that nature should be done in the off season; as H. could have helped this year, but Kassian can not. (He should actually be in the minors, and may well be for the next couple years.)
2. Apparently few GMs even knew H. was on the block; that's no way to get the most for your asset.
Apart from that;
- No one knows what K. will end up like; though a lot of people think Foligno was the better prospect.
- Scoring centers are Much harder to find than wingers. (Think of how few the Canucks have ever drafted.)