24 replies to this topic

#1 DhillonCanuck

DhillonCanuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:26 AM

Eventhough Volpatti and Pinnizotto are injured let's be honest they weren't going to play. So now we are fully healthy and it is perfect timing as the Canucks have to make the biggest comeback in the franchise's history.

Believe
Go Canucks Go

Edited by DhillonCanuck, 17 April 2012 - 07:27 AM.

Posted Image

#2 Columbo

Columbo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,886 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:31 AM

In before the "But we're still missing Hodgson!!!!!"

#3 Gino Odjick

Gino Odjick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:45 AM

We're still missing Daniel most likely.

#4 DhillonCanuck

DhillonCanuck

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 404 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:49 AM

POPULAR

We're still missing Daniel most likely.

He'll play you know he'll play he'll play on crutches at Staples Center on Wednesday night
Posted Image

#5 deized_kanuck604

deized_kanuck604

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 866 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:59 AM

Sedin will NOT be playing tomorrow he is simply there for morale
Posted Image

a true faN.
!kilLuminati!

#6 Gino Odjick

Gino Odjick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,771 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:03 AM

He'll play you know he'll play he'll play on crutches at Staples Center on Wednesday night

I appreciate the quote but I'm sorry. That quote is forever reserved for Trevor Linden.

#7 Pears

Pears

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 14,836 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:04 AM

You don't know that. If the medical staff clear him to play, he will. If they don't clear him, then he won't play.
Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!!

#8 steviewonder20

steviewonder20

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 195 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:16 AM

I don't think they flew him all the way there just to give a ra-ra speech; not sure that's his strong point anyways. However, before everybody here starts planning the cup parade route (again), just avoiding a sweep would be nice. Even the return of Crosby didn't save the Penguins and he's clearly more of an imact player than Daniel.

#9 Wheels22

Wheels22

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,017 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:30 AM

Daniel won't play considering a few days ago he couldn't handle a light skate. One solid check on Daniel and he could be in the hospital. The Kings will be targeting him for sure, especially monkey face Brown... If he gets hurt again, he could be rehabbing all summer or longer...

He'll hang around with the guys, do the morning skate, be a game time decision, and then be scratched. No one is going to risk putting him in. He could easily be further damaged after a game like this. Besides, if Daniel were to play, we'd need him at his best, not the way he is now...

My opinion, let's be realistic. LA beat us. Hopefully next year we will show up to play and have better luck

P.S. It's a shame about Pinnizotto. I was looking forward to seeing him play his first NHL game at age 27. He could have brang some skill and physicality. Hopefully next year.

Edited by Wheels22, 17 April 2012 - 09:11 AM.

#10 wrath_jason

wrath_jason

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 133 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:10 AM

They cleared Daniel for full practice. If he's come that far, he's probably ready to go.

and I'd have to guess he's just itching to play, watching his team drop 3 games in a row...

4 straight baby HERE WE GO.

#11 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:15 AM

I would say a fit Volpatti WOULD have played, probably in the second game.
Kevin.jpg

#12 Fishman1

Fishman1

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:19 AM

Crap!!! ITs going to be a long summer again.....

#13 drukes1234

drukes1234

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 864 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:43 AM

Why would you say something like this when you fully know you know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about the situation.

#14 Blömqvist

Blömqvist

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,361 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 09:55 AM

You don't know that. If the medical staff clear him to play, he will. If they don't clear him, then he won't play.

But he clearly isn't ready to play if he didn't make the initial trip to LA.

#15 darnucks

darnucks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,049 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:01 AM

But he clearly isn't ready to play if he didn't make the initial trip to LA.

He's not allowed to get better the last couple days? The thing is nobody, outside of Daniel and the medical staff, has one frickin clue whether he'll play or not.

#16 DIBdaQUIB

DIBdaQUIB

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,463 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:17 AM

They cleared Daniel for full practice. If he's come that far, he's probably ready to go.

and I'd have to guess he's just itching to play, watching his team drop 3 games in a row...

4 straight baby HERE WE GO.

He was cleared for full practise before the series started too and had a set-back (though denied).

He has only had light skates since then. It is quite possible that he will suffer symptoms again after a full practice though I hope not. It's still a risk to put him into a full game situation after being off almost a month and having had symptoms only a week ago.

I'd rather lose the series than Danny lose his career and another head hit could do that if he's not fully healed.

#17 fall0ff

fall0ff

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 403 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

one game at a time mentality. the most recent comeback would be in 2010 of philadephia flyers. it's fair to say, canucks have the personnel and talents to do it, but just gotta be like coach AV, it's about the process and one game at a time. we focus on one shot at a time and one save at a time and one shift at a time.

#18 canidiot

canidiot

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:05 AM

they may have kept danny off the ice, thinking they could walk over the kings without him.

#19 DarthANGER

DarthANGER

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

It doesn't matter whether Daniel plays tomorrow or not... This series is over and not having Daniel cannot be an excuse. 2 shorthanded goals given up in game 2, 0-14 on the powerplay, cross ice passes headed into section 117 seat 5 when the game is on the line, need i say more? It's going to be a long summer and i hope these chokers take a good, long hard look in the mirror over the summer :angry:

#20 sashcro

sashcro

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:28 AM

I still find it hard to believe that Daniel did not make the trip to LA, regardless if he was intending/permitted to play or not. He should be with the team at these crucial times, unless he had to be observed at the hospital or something. I think that he may be past that stage though.

#21 Columbo

Columbo

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,886 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

What's the point of playing Daniel? Winning game 4 is still a long way from winning the series. The risk of Daniel being hit in the head and going out with a long-term concussion is not worth it to potentially win a game in the first round of a series we will most likely lose anyway.

Maybe if we win games 4 and 5 without him, it's worth sticking him back in.

#22 Day one

Day one

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:31 PM

I appreciate the quote but I'm sorry. That quote is forever reserved for Trevor Linden.

^^^ this

#23 gusadams8

gusadams8

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:32 PM

what a thread title .. i thought you were talking about d. sedin.. :bored:

#24 Day one

Day one

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 767 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:38 PM

they may have kept danny off the ice, thinking they could walk over the kings without him.

I have thought this too. If they had won the last game it would be a much better scenario, and the one I think they may have considered very seriously. Leave Daniel at home to ensure he is not only ready to play but fully rested and fresh. By leaving him home they could have gained an extra week of rest and no travel. But things didn't go as planned . . .

#25 rkyway

rkyway

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 01:55 PM

You can't believe a word the PR staff says.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.