The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Gdt] Game 4--Canucks Vs. Kings--Wed, April 18Th. 7:00 Pm

Toni Zamboni

Wow, great GDT OP! Although I loved the one for Game 7 against Chicago last year, I feel like this one could be up there as one of the best ever made in the playoffs! :)

Now, I know we've beaten the dead horse with all the motovational speeches, but this one (once I edited it a bit) fit our situation so well I just had to share.

-The speech is from Rocky Balboa (2006) in case some are wondering

-BTW sorry for the caps but I'm new to CDC and I don't know to underline on here, so I thought capitalizing that part for emphasis would suffice.

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows.

It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how good you are it WILL beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it.

You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life.

BUT IT AIN'T ABOUT HOW HARD YA CAN HIT. IT'S ABOUT HOW HARD YOU CAN GET HIT AND KEEP MOVING FORWARD.

How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!

Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth. But ya gotta be willing to take the hits, and not be pointing fingers saying you ain't where you wanna be because of him, or her, or anybody! Cowards do that and that ain't you! You're better than that!

I'm always gonna love you guys no matter what. No matter what happens. You're my team and I believe in you, but until you start believing in yourself, ya ain't gonna win."

C'mon boys, let's go out there and show the Kings how winning is done! GO CANUCKS GO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Canucks have a huge oppurtunity here to strike some fear into the hearts of L.A. fans. I'm hoping for a scoring explosion but the Canucks need to fire some of those shots up into the top corners, Quick's trick is to block the lower half of the net. If they're going to fire low they need to really rip them to get some juicy rebounds to the hunters hovering around the net, then they'll see some more goals go in.

Go crush those puny upstarts!

i came to score score score score i hit the ice cuz thts my plans plans plans plans i wearing all my favorite skates skates skates skates give me some space for both my feet feet feet feet cuz it goes on and on andon and it goes on and on and on i thro hits in the air sometimes sayin heyyoh score a goal i wanna celebrate and win the game satying heyy oh i scored a goal cuz we gonna rock this game we gon' score all night we gon shoot that puck lik its dynomite

Anybody think that if the Canucks come out the same way they did game 3, Schneider is a better bet then Lou? Only reason I say that is Schneids seems more solid after going a long amount of time without a shot against. Lou always sketches me out a bit.

I absolutely loved the last game even though Quick played incredible. We can win our shifts, we can win our puck battles, we can win our periods, we can win this game. Then game by game, shift by shift, battle by battle, we can carry forward and win in a miraculous game 7 final four game push. Canucks 4-2, Hansen, D.Sedin x2, and Burr, lets get her done tonight boys.

i came to score score score score i hit the ice cuz thts my plans plans plans plans i wearing all my favorite skates skates skates skates give me some space for both my feet feet feet feet cuz it goes on and on andon and it goes on and on and on i thro hits in the air sometimes sayin heyyoh score a goal i wanna celebrate and win the game satying heyy oh i scored a goal cuz we gonna rock this game we gon' score all night we gon shoot that puck lik its dynomite

yup , I got a good feeling about this game that I haven't had so far this series.

Win this one and doubt creeps in a little,win at home the Kings will start to worry.

Think of the Lions zero & seven, but go on to win the Grey cup , who thoght that would happen.

Go Canucks Go !

On April 9, Sedin took his spot on first line and the first power-play unit and stayed on for a conditioning skate, but the following day skated with the extras. He didn't appear again publicly until last Friday when he came out in full gear an hour before the morning skate of Game 2.

"We went through all the steps and when I left the ice to practice with the team, things didn't feel 100 percent," Daniel Sedin said. "I just took a step back after I took one long half-day off."

Sedin was asked when his last headache occurred.

"Sunday evening when we lost [Game 3]," he joked.

schneid + Danny play we go back home with hope and trailing only 3-1 ( a defecit we have overcame several times)

If lu plays, our season is over.. He has proven time and time again he just doesnt have the mental toughness for elimination games, i dont expect him to pull out 4 in a row

4-1 canucks

I have to stay positive to the bitter end.

I hope Danny plays but even if he doesnt we will still beat these guys.

Im hoping Eddie bounces back and hits everything that moves.

Get in Quick's head and park Kassian in front of Quick ala Byfuglien(thats how Chicago got Lu off his game when they won the cup)

Dont over think things boys, keep it simple, play your game...and have some fun dang it!!! :towel::towel::towel::towel:

GO Canucks GO!!

Archived