The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Gdt] Game 4--Canucks Vs. Kings--Wed, April 18Th. 7:00 Pm

Toni Zamboni

This is my 10,000th post here at CDC.

I didn't have anything planned to say - I just noticed in another thread that I was at 9999.

What I will say is, I have enjoyed my time here (most of the time!) and have learned a lot from other people here.

Also, it's game 4 tomorrow so I will wear my Canucks jersey to work in downtown Calgary!

Go Canucks Go!

:towel:

congrats!! Go Canucks Go!!

The Nucks have played efficient hybrid system hockey for the last two games and not recieved the results they worked hard for.Gm2 and Gm3 were essentially system check-mates ,and La has scored ay least 3 opportunistic goals over those 2 games.Not system induced goals as LAs system is set up to score.

|Vancouver has two options ,keep playing to a system standoff or try something new.

In a system standoff they need to keep everything consistant to the last 2 games system-wise because of the fact that the higher pergentage of LA goals the last 2 Gms have been non-system induced,Vancouver HAS shut down LAs system,just not stopped the individual efforts,this is because of the system check-mate,it positionally prevents either team from generateing offense because of basic positional pushes and adjustments that remove continuity and stop transitional opportunitys,stopping LAs transition game is perfect ,nbut then what??We have hed nothing to add to our excellent system shutdown because we are not doing as they are .In a system check-mate you must give EVERYONE the gree light to make individual efforts from high percentage opportuniys ,the fact is that eliminateing the ability to complete transitions removes the ability of a system to use set plays ,no matter how a team has tweaked its hybrid, base when a hybrid executes well and meets another hybrid executed well,there are very few opportunitys to generate offense off of set plays.

Moma2 has the answer,there are many adjustments that can be used to sink LA,you can continuse to initiate a system check-mate and then just make fast suitable real time game adjustments ,or you can try to incorporate a new offensive perspective into your hybrid throughout.I dont think we have time to do the latter,so this game 4 will come down to proper and timely adjustments and discipline based off of what HAS been working,communication is key and so are micro-tactics,the effect that vancouvers system execution has had on LA is undeniable.But remember that the more a hybrid tightens up defensively the more it collapses on itself,tonight we will take away LAs momentum just like the last 2 games,but the difference is we should score more goals 5 on 5,Moma2 will be on-line with all the other rabid fans looking for a pushback.Come on Nucks!!!Look at what has been working and build off of your momentum,you have some you just need to identify and build off of it,take heart in the HOW related to the goals against and be confident that you have a tight grip on their system,now just tighten up on body position and contact and recovery,two things integral to excellence of execution with the hybrid,and these same 2 things will help generate offense.I cant post any more data,for tactical reasons.

GGGOOOOO NUUKKKKKKS---lets take a bite out of these LA Kings,a wee little taste,we have worked hard enough to deserve a little taste.we are still at the dance and the prettiest girl there hasnt left the building yet,we can still show her our stuff,lets dance fellas lets get it on!!

Quote I made up myself.

Heart and effort are what define dignity. If you put all your heart in and believe this moment, and use all the effort and strength you put into the moment, you will walk away with three things; a win, your heads held high, and a sense of accomplishment.

Archived