The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

A Great Team

precipice

Whether we win or lose tomorrow, for me, this is a great hockey team. Over the last three years and especially the last 22 months they have given us a great run.

I don't agree that they are not giving their all. When you add up the late season last year, the things like Manny's eye, Hank's back, Kes's hip, Raymond's back, and on and on, then put in a viscious winter road sched and then load on the "we're goona win this year" demands creating the expactations of both the fans and the team, the stress just goes over the top, then Danny gets taken out by a thug, and suddenly the threshold is crossed and like any human, superstar or not, you burn out.

And that is where we are--- burnout. I truly respect and honour this team for its integrity, its heart and its skill. It is one of the great ones.

No matter what tomorrow brings it will not change that fact.

I disagree. This team is different than the previous teams because it has different players. Last year the squad had chemistry and played with confidence. This year they have very little chemistry (with the exception of one line) and some key players have lost their confidence. Calling it a teamwide burnout is an excuse and an unacceptable one.

Now if you wanted to say this is a great organization who gives their fans a reason to cheer hard each year, then I would agree with you. The owners do everything in their power to give us a chance, they deserve a tip of the hat.

You gotta wonder how many guys actually truly want another long post-season. I'd bet most of them are on some level excited at the idea of having nearly 5 months off, especially those that went through nasty injuries/surgeries in the last year. They can take it easy, workout and train at their leisure, be with their families, take some extended vacations... that would sound good to me.

I hope we can make a series of it. The last loss was hard.. the Canucks really deserved the W there, outplaying the Kings for 50 minutes. I don't doubt that the extended post-season last year is still a factor, but the Canucks are capable of a lot more than this 3-0 deficit.

Will love and support this team always. I like the people on our team, who they are on and off the ice. As long as we continue to have these great players, I will always be backing them. I don't cheer for them solely because they're my home team. The players define the team and my love for the Canucks.

You gotta wonder how many guys actually truly want another long post-season. I'd bet most of them are on some level excited at the idea of having nearly 5 months off, especially those that went through nasty injuries/surgeries in the last year. They can take it easy, workout and train at their leisure, be with their families, take some extended vacations... that would sound good to me.

I disagree. This team is different than the previous teams because it has different players. Last year the squad had chemistry and played with confidence. This year they have very little chemistry (with the exception of one line) and some key players have lost their confidence. Calling it a teamwide burnout is an excuse and an unacceptable one. Now if you wanted to say this is a great organization who gives their fans a reason to cheer hard each year, then I would agree with you. The owners do everything in their power to give us a chance, they deserve a tip of the hat.

I say we keep at it. The Sedins, Kesler & Luongo are still getting into their prime years (and increasing in value), so we should keep building around them. Its simply not productive to start from scratch at this point. I think that maybe if these issues still persists 2-3 years down the line, then maybe.

Archived