The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kesler To Montreal

Here's a possible scenario to get BOTH the 2nd and 3rd pick in the draft this year.

To Columbus:

-Schneider + Raymond

To Vancouver:

-Columbus's 1st, 2012 (2nd overall) - this will be either Yakupov or Grigorenko

To Montreal:

-Kesler + Edler

To Vancouver:

-Montreal's 1st, 2012 (3rd overall)

-P.K. Subban

-Montreal's 1st, 2013, & 2nd rounder in 2013

-Depending on whether Edmonton picks Murray or not. If Edmonton picks Murray, we draft Yakupov with the 2nd pick and Grigorenko with the 3rd pick.

-If, however, Edmonton picks Yakupov, we then snatch up, Grigorenko with the 2nd pick and then grab Ryan Murray with the 3rd pick.

-I actually think this could happen. We could get 2 amazing players + P.k Subban. What are people's thoughts on this?

Hey Billabong... if you have something constructive to say and can say it tastefully, then please contribute your thoughts but otherwise refrain from these types of responses. It doesn't contribute a thing. If you think you can come up with a better proposal, let's hear it.

I bet about 16 teams who missed the playoffs would care about it tremendously... plus a number of playoff team on top of that.

It illustrates how silly it is to consider rebuilding a team that has had a dramatic amount of success in the recent past, including in the playoffs. I do think that we need to make a move to change the chemistry a bit... but getting prospects is not going to do that.

Getting a player like Subban is only going to make the whining/chirping/diving stuff worse...

Why would they? The ultimate goal is to win the Cup if these teams weren't even good enough to get into the playoffs they would rather prefer a higher draft pick. I am sorry but the President's trophy means nothing the same goes for Prince of Wales or Clarence Campbell trophy.

Why would they? The ultimate goal is to win the Cup if these teams weren't even good enough to get into the playoffs they would rather prefer a higher draft pick. I am sorry but the President's trophy means nothing the same goes for Prince of Wales or Clarence Campbell trophy.

So, should Pittsburgh be looking at moving Malkin/Letang/Fleury?

That was a pretty good team during the regular season...fizzled out in the playoffs.

Our issues are offense, and we are missing our best offensive player.

How would Philly be doing in the playoffs if they were missing Giroux?

Archived