The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Didn't We Resign Torres?

PunPryde

We didn't re-sign Torres because he wanted to much$$$$ for what he brings, it was that simple, we can get the same thing from Wiese if AV would play him more.

We can't pin the Nucks lack of effort on not signing Torres, this team is stacked with grit and scoring talent, they just need to roll up thier sleves and do what they and all of us know what needs to be done, and that is just simplify every thing, on offence everthing goes towards the net with traffic in front, on defense everyone stay between the puck carrier and the net, oh yes and HIT EVERYTHING THAT ISN'T WEARING CANUCKS COLORS!!!!!!!!!

I was an unhappy Canuckaholic the day I heard Raffi was gone and I knew one day we'd regret his leaving. I've had so many people ask me this post-season why it is that we don't still have Raffi on the team. His body and rep on the ice would have benefited us greatly in the last three games by merely being an intimidating presence out there.

his hit on seabrook woke up the hawks.

his hit on horton woke up boston.

he would skate past a free puck to throw a stupid hit.

he stopped playing hockey to become a bowling ball.

kinda like browns hit on hank. what was he thinking? adding injury to insult.

the caucks played with a little more spark after that.

Like I said, he had 3 fights as a Canuck, and 100 less hits than Lapierre, and about the same amount as many of our current roster. This idea of him being a physical force is exaggerated by the lingering memory of his irresponsible charges he took on occasion.

Everything Torres provided was replaced, and then added upon.

The Canucks don't need emotional 4th liners, they need powerful top 6 players.

Archived