The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation] Jordan Staal Unhappy In Pittsburgh

He was ripping it up without Crosby in the lineup because he was playing the top PP and the second line.. Once Crosby came back he didn't play as big of a role on the PP and moved down to the third line with Cooke and Kennedy but still put decent points..

He's only 23 (24 in September) and will have 6 seasons under his belt.. he plays in all situations and should be the go-to guy on any team he's traded to..

However, although he was healthy in his first 4 seasons, he missed 20 games this year and 40 last year.. hopefully he stays healthy cause I have him in both my keeper pools lol

Guest The Brown Burrows

Well, if this is indeed true maybe this is Calgary's opportunity to finally get that top young center that they've desperately needed for so long.

Here's a proposal I just came up with that may make sense for both teams. Pittsburgh gets a productive, experienced winger in Iginla who's usually good for 30+ goals a year and who has history playing with Crosby. Pittsburgh also dumps some much needed cap space to help sign players in the offseason for their own retooling. Calgary gains a gritty winger to help with scoring, which is obviously a problem that they're trying to address.

To Calgary:

Jordan Staal

Chris Kunitz or Zbynek Michalek

To Pittsburgh:

Jarome Iginla

2013 2nd Round Pick

Archived