[Speculation] Jordan Staal Unhappy In Pittsburgh

Kesler

Raymond

Ballard

1st in 2013

for

Staal

Letang

Kesler is better than Staal at this point in time (though I think Staal will be the better player in the long run).

Letang is worth more than Ballard, Raymond and a 1st.

Canucks get a big prairie boy and a talented offensive dman.

Pittsburgh gets a very good defensive and versatile player behind Malkin and Crosby. Raymond adds a much needed winger and Ballard adds defensive depth.

put staal as 2nd line center and kesler as third line.. kesler is better fit as a defensive agitator who can score sometimes. Staal is better 2nd line that can score and PASSES to teammates.

But with Kesler's cap hit and ego, he's not dropping to third line, so just trade him for staal, getzlaf, or weber.

NYR and CAR will be looking to add to their Staal collection.

Frankly, although, there is no disputing that Malkin is an elite player, and among the the top 3 offensive players in the league, I still think that Staal is a more complete player. Plus, Staal's cap hit is less than half of Malkin's. It would be more prudent to shed Malkin's salary, and get a king's ransom in return: a franchise 2-way dman to play with Letang; a top-6 forward and/or a depth forward to balance their lines (surely, they can acquire someone better than Dupuis or Kunitz to play with Crosby); and probably a high draft pick as well.

Well, if this is indeed true maybe this is Calgary's opportunity to finally get that top young center that they've desperately needed for so long.

Here's a proposal I just came up with that may make sense for both teams. Pittsburgh gets a productive, experienced winger in Iginla who's usually good for 30+ goals a year and who has history playing with Crosby. Pittsburgh also dumps some much needed cap space to help sign players in the offseason for their own retooling. Calgary gains a gritty winger to help with scoring, which is obviously a problem that they're trying to address.

To Calgary:

Jordan Staal

Chris Kunitz or Zbynek Michalek

To Pittsburgh:

Jarome Iginla

2013 2nd Round Pick

no harm done if we can have 2 selke center... i like to see staal here in Vancouver but what can we offer to get staal? another thing is if staal is unhappy in Pittsburg why would he be happy in Vancouver, he will likely to play behind kesler and sedin. unless you have a 2a and 2b line which wouldnt be too bad in my opinion..

Archived