The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Questions Ignorant People Ask About God

Who's mad?

Also if the war was perpetrated by the media it would be so important to so many people. It may get drawn into the media and you may not understand that so you need to find a reason but that's about all it is man.

I know I know...you against the world. Everyone is really just one person with multiple accounts and we're all Gary Bettman. Mad? Hell (pun intended) this has been a hoot what are you talking about. I love it when you get into this mode. Anyways you have the last word. I'm sure we'll catch up somewhere else when you like predictably do your thing again.

Stay golden ponyboy. (I can't even make a good entertainment reference compared to the Pinky and the Brain thing. Damn you)

So if I told you that I saw the Flying Spaghetti Monster, you'd do the "open, obvious, democratic thing" and believe that miracle?

Anecdotal evidence is not real evidence. If you claim you saw something that's implausible at best and physically impossible at worst, you'd better have something a lot better than eyewitness testimony to back it up.

Already posted but, here:

http://www.telegraph...scientists.html

Of course, because science is forbidden to allow the slightest iota of supernatural force into anything, the researchers claim that all of the plagues were caused by natural events. Not only do the scientists, by claiming that the plagues occurred, cause us to increase our trust in the reliability of the Bible, because they confirm that a "miraculous series of events" actually happened, but they demonstrate that evidence does exist for a miracle, because if God can control nature, He could have easily used the methods the scientists described to bring about the plagues.

http://www.telegraph...scientists.html

Of course, because science is forbidden to allow the slightest iota of supernatural force into anything, the researchers claim that all of the plagues were caused by natural events. Not only do the scientists, by claiming that the plagues occurred, cause us to increase our trust in the reliability of the Bible, because they confirm that a "miraculous series of events" actually happened, but they demonstrate that evidence does exist for a miracle, because if God can control nature, He could have easily used the methods the scientists described to bring about the plagues.

Nice...

Yes - that is the definition of faith when it come to religion. Not the derogatory "blind" faith as Stephan posted.

Did someone tell me there is a God? No - I figured that out by myself.

Are you really obnoxious and ignorant or did someone just tell you act like it?

On faith, I believe you're not, but the evidence in your posts suggests otherwise.

You figured out there was a god?

How?

Figuring out something is abstract. God's a concept. You can't figure out a concept that you've already been told. I didn't figure out 2 and 2 together was 4. I was told that, and through simple math reinforced that. It wasn't an abstract thought. It's a fact. You didn't figure out god existed, you were told it, then you just accepted it because you chose not to question who, or why, or when, or how.

I can figure out that the pain in my knee is from a hockey injury from process of elimination.

I can't figure out god exists (concept), because I've been told he exists already. I actually figured out he doesn't exist, because it's a ridiculous claim with absolutely no evidence to support it.

I also figured out the 3 piggies didn't actually exist, batman's not real, and Santa doesn't exist. ALL BY MYSELF!

Let's say you were born on an island, and raised by animals (they don't care for god by the way, becuase he's made up).

You wouldn't one day figure out god existed. Unless there's a talking snake around, you'd be screwed.

Furthermore, your "as a matter of fact" attitude is irritating. I won't say you're an idiot, because that would be a personal attack.

I'll just say this.

I sense idiocy in this thread. Not going to point fingers. Just massive amounts of idiocy.

Choices always were a problem for you.

What you need is someone strong to guide you.

Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow,

what you need is someone strong to guide you..

like me, like me, like me, like me

If you want to get your soul to heaven, trust in me.

Now don't judge or question.

You are broken now, but faith can heal you.

Just do everything I tell you to do.

Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow.

What you need is someone strong to guide you.

Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow.

Let me lay my holy hand upon you.

My Gods will becomes me.

When he speaks out, he speaks through me.

He has needs like I do.

We both want to rape you.

Jesus Christ, why don't you come save my life now

Open my eyes and blind me with your light

If you want to get your soul to heaven, trust in me.

Now don't you judge or question.

You are broken now, but faith can heal you.

Just do everything I tell you to do.

Jesus Christ, why don't you come save my life now.

Open my eyes, blind me with your light now.

Deaf and blind and dumb and born to follow,

Let me lay my holy hand upon you.

My Gods will becomes me.

When he speaks, he speaks through me.

He has needs like I do.

We both want to rape you

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/science/science-news/7530678/Biblical-plagues-really-happened-say-scientists.html

How do we know that? You can't say the other religious texts are disproven just because the Quran says contrary.

Also, some of the atheists in this thread need to chill out a little. You can argue about the existence of deities without being rude about it.

if you are alluding to me me then i sugest you get yourself a sense of humour, that song was written toingue in cheek and was meant to bring a little levity to the topic, i like to poke fun at things . and if religion had done to your life what it has done to mine , i wonder if you would be laughing about it .

So wrong and so inline with the OP.

Your "spoiler" is in poor taste and a detriment to those that don't believe in God.

I've always "known" that there is something out there - that there's more to this than what we can see.

At the time, yes, I didn't "know" it was God...but eventually, through learning, I did come to the conclusion that what I had thought about since a small child was God.

Archived