The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Questions Ignorant People Ask About God

1. Plate bacteria on a petri plate and expose to radiation

2. replicate plate these radiated bacteria onto a medium containing an antibiotic the bacteria was not inherently resistant to.

3. Any bacteria that grow on that plate have just acquired resistance through a mutation.

Evolution.

If you connect natural selection to evolution, you can technically see evolution taking place as new species survive by taking on specific ecological niches, as Darwin saw.

The "professor's brain" argument makes absolutely no sense.

If I gave you all the resources in the world, are you able to see the Professor's brain? Of course. You can extract it from his skull and use the five senses "god gave you" or we evolved with to examine his brain.

If I gave you all the resources in the world, are you able to see/touch/smell god? Maybe.....

Anyways, this argument is pointless, no one is going to convince anyone of anything.

I don't understand why the mods couldn't have left the god thread open and let people go nuts over each other in that one thread.

I'm a theist and wrongly relating that conversation to Einstein made me cringe. So ironic how that dude did that to give his convo more credibility but it just ends up doing the opposite lol.

Theists don't need to hold on to such weak attempts of increasing their faith through lubby dubby convos such as the one the OP posted - but whatever floats your boat I guess, I suppose it's alright..

I'm a theist and wrongly relating that conversation to Einstein made me cringe. So ironic how that dude did that to give his convo more credibility but it just ends up doing the opposite lol.

Theists don't need to hold on to such weak attempts of increasing their faith through lubby dubby convos such as the one the OP posted - but whatever floats your boat I guess, I suppose it's alright..

1. Plate bacteria on a petri plate and expose to radiation

2. replicate plate these radiated bacteria onto a medium containing an antibiotic the bacteria was not inherently resistant to.

3. Any bacteria that grow on that plate have just acquired resistance through a mutation.

Evolution.

religion has had 2000 years to get it right, not only has it not got it right it has actually caused a lot of the crap that has screwed up the world ,maybe it's time for the humanists to have their turn at the wheel .

True, and the battle will never end :P

...Didn't want this thread to be what it has become, was more of a read and realize thing, but guess not. And yea, I don't care if you don't believe in God or not, just dislike when people use ignorant logic and it was kinda the moral of my original post. We all got our views and beliefs, so let it be.

50s were way more messed up. no civil rights, women were confined to the home, sexual abuse was something that no one talked about, widespread abuse of native canadians, etc etc, its pretty easy to continue. You must thinking about the ideal 50s that exists only in your head. There is no time I would rather live than now.

2000 years?

Humans have been around longer - and after "2000" years as you put it - and after all the removal of God from schools the last 50 years - look at how messed up we are now compared to say in 1950?

As Dr. Phil says "how's that working out for you so far"?

Drugs everywhere, kids killing each other, road rage, you lock your door to your house, don't walk around downtown at night, yeah...it's really safe out there...

Look at the violence we have today compared to 50 years ago.

Yes, from a technological point of view we are better - from a morality point of view? I don't think so.

Archived