The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Questions Ignorant People Ask About God

Look. I've got scientific proof that evolution is real, the earth is older than 4000 years old, Noah didn't get 2 of every animal in the world to go on an a boat, dinosaurs did exist, and several other amazing facts to disprove the bible, but I don't think you're ready for scientific proof.

Carry on with your fables. Science is tough to comprehend anyways, and this way, you can just "alter" the bibles message as many times as you want. Science can't be altered. It's foundation is fact. Once fact is revealed it sticks. Not like the absolute trash the bible spews.

By the way, god's actually a giant homosexual pink elephant. Prove me wrong. I dare you.

If you study the Bible you will notice that some things are spoken of metaphorically, some things are to be taken literally. You need to look at the Bible literarily. When Solomon writes that his lover's "eyes are doves", do you think he literally means that her eyes are birds? Of course not! There are instances when the Bible should not be taken literally, but in other cases, such as the Gospel accounts of Jesus, they should be taken literally.

I hardly admit to being a Biblical scholar, but one must also examine the original texts and the languages that were used when writing it. For instance, the Hebrew word "yom" can have multiple meanings; it can be interpreted as a single, 24-hour day, or it can mean a "long age". So in the case of a literal six-day Creation, the Bible doesn't specify that it necessarily happened like that. The use of the word "yom" allows those of us who believe in the Big Bang to believe both Scripture and science.

I just don't get why people with faith accept that their religion is so interchangeable, and that doesn't bring up any red flags for it's credibility.

Scientists disprove old science through new research. Religion doesn't disprove old religion. It just changes it. It's like, alright, well, science says this... So we actually meant to say this, HA. HA SCIENCE! PROVE US WRONG THIS TIME! Then science proves religion wrong, and religion's all like, oh, well, that was a typo... Let me fix that...

It's insane. INSANE!!

Very good, but do you take the ark of the covenant story metaphorically? As someone who has read the Bible it sure doesn't sound that way, and I'd love to see how stories like this fit with science to believe both.

You will have to specify exactly what part of the Ark of the Covenant story you mean...

Let's take evolution as an example. Again, as I said above, the word "yom" can have several meanings, one of which is a "long age". For the sake of argument, let us say that God created everything through the process of the Big Bang and evolution which took millions upon millions of years. How do we know about the Big Bang and evolution though? We know about it because humans have diligently researched and studied physics, biology, astronomy, chemistry and other fields of science. It's unfair to say that Christianity is wrong because many of the advances we have made in the last century have made certain parts unlikely (e.g. a young-Earth Creationist view). Do you think that if people like Moses had hypothesized that humans evolved from earlier life forms (without any of the benefit of our 21st century scientific knowledge) people in his day would have taken him seriously? They would have said he's insane!

The fundamental and key aspects of Christianity have not been disproved by science. On the contrary, science has helped to shed some light on certain parts of the gospel. For instance, in the Garden of Gethsemane, Jesus is recorded as "sweating blood". That sounds completely unscientific! But scientists have proven that this condition, albeit a rare one, does exist and is called hematidrosis.

You quoted it in your previous post:

such as how two of every animal species couldn't have possibly fit on a single boat, never mind fitting on a single boat and living in perfect harmony, never mind fitting on a single boat and living in perfect harmony and perfectly distributing each species in each part of the world certain ones inhabit that were nowhere else, as if Moses was the Santa Clause of each continent's species of animal

Also, let's see.. where the Earth derived enough water for a worldwide flood.. how one man gathered every animal on the planet when all he had was his feet and at best a boat to transport himself with.. need I continue on as to how little sense this makes in any type of scientific form of reasoning? You can cover it all and show how it's scientific, I'd be interested.

You quoted it in your previous post:

such as how two of every animal species couldn't have possibly fit on a single boat, never mind fitting on a single boat and living in perfect harmony, never mind fitting on a single boat and living in perfect harmony and perfectly distributing each species in each part of the world certain ones inhabit that were nowhere else, as if Moses was the Santa Clause of each continent's species of animal

Wrong Ark. Dr. Jones is rolling over in his fedora.

Also, let's see.. where the Earth derived enough water for a worldwide flood.. how one man gathered every animal on the planet when all he had was his feet and at best a boat to transport himself with.. need I continue on as to how little sense this makes in any type of scientific form of reasoning? You can cover it all and show how it's scientific, I'd be interested.

Look. I've got scientific proof that evolution is real, the earth is older than 4000 years old, Noah didn't get 2 of every animal in the world to go on an a boat, dinosaurs did exist, and several other amazing facts to disprove the bible, but I don't think you're ready for scientific proof.

Carry on with your fables. Science is tough to comprehend anyways, and this way, you can just "alter" the bibles message as many times as you want. Science can't be altered. It's foundation is fact. Once fact is revealed it sticks. Not like the absolute trash the bible spews.

By the way, god's actually a giant homosexual pink elephant. Prove me wrong. I dare you.

You can't disprove that gods a homosexual transgender pink elephant with a rainbow everywhere he goes.

So hence forth this day he is. That's why he hates homosexuals so much. Insecurity.

It's ok gay god. We still love you.

Also. Try to disprove Santa doesnt exist. He's shown as little evidence for existence as God.

They've both literally done absolutely nothing.

They're both just two stories. One for lied to children to keep them in check, and to make their lives more fun.

One for lied to adults, to keep them in check, and to make their lives more fun.

Wait. Is god Santa? Omg lol kewl

You're serious? ...Too easy.

What we know is:

God is neither male nor female, so that knocks half of your claim.

God does not resemble His creation, so lets knock of Him being an elephant.

And God is not in His creation, so there's no rainbows around Him.

How do we know that?

HOW!?

What I know is:

God is a pink elephant

God is gay

God is transgendered

Prove me wrong.

I can't wait until you prove this to me, like science has proven the earth is 4.5 billion years old, and dinosaurs were around 65 million years ago (not 4,000 years ago).

Just because you're TOLD something without a single ounce of proof doesn't mean it's true.

Not only was I TOLD that the earth 4.5 billions of years old, but there's SCIENTIFIC PROOF TO BACK IT UP.

Archived