The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Questions Ignorant People Ask About God

Don't tell me how to act. Just because you've decided to give up your soul for a load of crap doesn't mean I have to show sympathy to one of the worst things thats plague mankind for thousands of years.

All scripture proves is that since the beginning of man, humans have been able to manipulate eachother with relative ease. That's what it proves.

Here, this is heavily documented, it must be real:

http://www.venganza.org/

Church of the flying spaghetti monster. That's a good religion. One that doesn't take advantage of the weak, and poor.

You're serious? ...Too easy.

What we know is:

God is neither male nor female, so that knocks half of your claim.

God does not resemble His creation, so lets knock of Him being an elephant.

And God is not in His creation, so there's no rainbows around Him.

:picard:

“The believers in miracles accept them (rightly or wrongly) because they have evidence for them. The disbelievers in miracles deny them (rightly or wrongly) because they have a doctrine against them.” - G.K. Chesterton, Orthodoxy

Troll #1: Quick do something, people are going to start talking about something real. Maybe they'll figure out that they are as the human race getting screwed daily by a handful of rich people!

Troll#2: Okay! Got it! I'm going to post something attacking atheists. Attack me back and we'll start a big E-war. Everyone will be so consumed with anger for each other that they'll forget about the giant !@#$ up their @$%'s.

Troll#1: Brilliant! To think they STILL haven't figured it out!

Troll#1 & Troll#2 together: Hahahahahaahahahhaahah!

Troll #1: Quick do something, people are going to start talking about something real. Maybe they'll figure out that they are as the human race getting screwed daily by a handful of rich people!

Troll#2: Okay! Got it! I'm going to post something attacking atheists. Attack me and we'll start a big war. Everyone will be so consumed with anger for each other that they'll forget about the giant !@#$ up their @$%'s.

Troll#1: Brilliant!

Dafuq? There are a bunch of threads on those topics, and to be frank, I don't usually see you posting in them. Why don't you go bring one back up and before opening your mouth again about this topic. Sound like a plan? Good boy. Now go on, the world needs you.

Somehow or other an extraordinary idea has arisen that the disbelievers in miracles consider them coldly and fairly, while believers in miracles accept them only in connection with some dogma. The fact is quite the other way. The believers in miracles accept them (rightly or wrongly) because they have evidence for them. The disbelievers in miracles deny them (rightly or wrongly) because they have a doctrine against them. The open, obvious, democratic thing is to believe an old apple-woman when she bears testimony to a miracle, just as you believe an old apple-woman when she bears testimony to a murder … If it comes to human testimony there is a choking cataract of human testimony in favour of the supernatural. If you reject it, you can only mean one of two things … you either deny the main principle of democracy, or you affirm the main principle of materialism — the abstract impossibility of miracle. You have a perfect right to do so; but in that case you are the dogmatist. It is we Christians who accept all actual evidence — it is you rationalists who refuse actual evidence being constrained to do so by your creed. But I am not constrained by any creed in the matter, and looking impartially into certain miracles of mediaeval and modern times, I have come to the conclusion that they occurred. All argument against these plain facts is always argument in a circle. If I say, “Mediaeval documents attest certain miracles as much as they attest certain battles,” they answer, “But mediaevals were superstitious”; if I want to know in what they were superstitious, the only ultimate answer is that they believed in the miracles … - G.K. Chesterton

Archived