The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nice Save Cory Schneider

DutchieBang

I want to see Roberto adopt a couple of techniques from Cory's goaltending style..

I like this style of save by Cory. It covers more space between the post and his body when he gets his elbow on his knee and glove straight up.

post-88977-0-70101000-1334704844_thumb.j

Cory is solid in his positioning, being upright while in the butterfly.

post-88977-0-61821700-1334705673_thumb.j

I want to see more of this..

post-88977-0-95127900-1334706272_thumb.j

and less of this..

post-88977-0-31988300-1334706341_thumb.j

post-88977-0-70101000-1334704844_thumb.j

post-88977-0-61821700-1334705673_thumb.j

post-88977-0-95127900-1334706272_thumb.j

post-88977-0-31988300-1334706341_thumb.j

I am a huge supporter of Luo, but I also think Schneider is real solid. There were a few games in the regular season where he almost gave up no rebounds. He's always in the right position to absorb the puck and not let the puck rebound. Luongo, on the other hand, has great reflexes to deflect the puck with his pad or blocker, but it ends up giving a rebound to the opponent.

I really hate to see this, but I would rather have management sign Cory and let Luo go for cap space.

Funny how people pass things said by the media off as thoughts of their own.

Game 2 commentators point out that Lappy chirps too much then show a couple of clips showign him pissing people off, all of a sudden CDC is swamped with "Lappy just needs to keep his yap shut!!"

Game 3 commentators point out how positionally well Cory plays, now all of a sudden theres threads and comments being made about how positionally sound he is.

The the problem with most people who call themselves "fans" and frequent CDC, the things they post are media driven, just like this thread, C.S. plays his position very well, no arguement there, but he is also known to be BADLEY out of position at times aswell.

IMO, people need to think for themselves and stop listening to the media so much.

Game 2 commentators point out that Lappy chirps too much then show a couple of clips showign him pissing people off, all of a sudden CDC is swamped with "Lappy just needs to keep his yap shut!!"

Game 3 commentators point out how positionally well Cory plays, now all of a sudden theres threads and comments being made about how positionally sound he is.

The the problem with most people who call themselves "fans" and frequent CDC, the things they post are media driven, just like this thread, C.S. plays his position very well, no arguement there, but he is also known to be BADLEY out of position at times aswell.

IMO, people need to think for themselves and stop listening to the media so much.

I love Luongo, but he can't do some of those things. He is older and has had 2 groin injuries.

Also it is no secret the Schneider is more athletic than Luongo.

Schneider has good post to post (lateral) movement. He has much more athletic ability than him also. Schneider is also good at controlling rebounds up high, he swallows them up in his chest. He is also better at making saves that are going up high, he uses his shoulders more.

The thing that Luongo is good at is that he has an amazing glove hand and has better rebound control with his pads. Also his stick handling is way better than Schneiders. Luongo also is better at utilizing his stick to make saves.

The things they are equal at are the use of their blockers. Both are decent with their blockers, but not great with them. Both also need to work on the 5-hole. Both are also good at stopping wrap arounds.

I love Luongo, but he can't do some of those things. He is older and has had 2 groin injuries.

Also it is no secret the Schneider is more athletic than Luongo.

The thing that Luongo is good at is that he has an amazing glove hand and has better rebound control with his pads. Also his stick handling is way better than Schneiders. Luongo also is better at utilizing his stick to make saves.

The things they are equal at are the use of their blockers. Both are decent with their blockers, but not great with them. Both also need to work on the 5-hole. Both are also good at stopping wrap arounds.

Archived