The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Keep Bashing Mg

DhillonCanuck

Lately on CDC Mike Gillis has been bashed to know end. Why? I ask he created a team that went to the finals last year and won the Presidents Trophy 2 years in a row. You might say they didn't perform in the playoffs. Well guess what it's been 3 games and the bounces haven't gone our. You might say the Hodgson trade was a bust. Well guess what Kassian is 21 put in a market with scrutiny and his first playoffs. You might say Booth hasn't lived up to expectations. Well guess what when a team is down 0-3 everyone looks bad just look at Pittsburgh. Just a short while back I saw titles like MG for president, now I see titles saying Linden For MG/AV. I f we comeback in this series I want to see the thread titles. Heck even if we win the next game everyone will be back on the bandwagon. CDC never ceases to amaze

me with this polarization. I believe in this team.

Go Canucks Go.

I am a fan of MG's but he didn't build the team that went to the finals he could make a greater claim to our current roster but we may have to wait until mext season for them to gel or in kassians case be nhl ready. I think we have a better team than we did last season but so far that hasn't translated into playoff wins

Lately on CDC Mike Gillis has been bashed to know end. Why? I ask he created a team that went to the finals last year and won the Presidents Trophy 2 years in a row. You might say they didn't perform in the playoffs. Well guess what it's been 3 games and the bounces haven't gone our. You might say the Hodgson trade was a bust. Well guess what Kassian is 21 put in a market with scrutiny and his first playoffs. You might say Booth hasn't lived up to expectations. Well guess what when a team is down 0-3 everyone looks bad just look at Pittsburgh. Just a short while back I saw titles like MG for president, now I see titles saying Linden For MG/AV. I f we comeback in this series I want to see the thread titles. Heck even if we win the next game everyone will be back on the bandwagon. CDC never ceases to amaze

me with this polarization. I believe in this team.

Go Canucks Go.

Cant wait until Kassian is 23-24 years old and everyone on here saying this trade was a bust is drooling over him, and he joins Backes, Callahan, and Brown as the only players in the 25+ goal, 225+ hit club.

Or maybe when Gragnani takes over as our powerplay quarter back :)

I am a huge fan of MG but even I must say this year has not been good for trades: I agree the Kassian trade is for the future but WITH THE CANUCKS THERE'S ALWAYS A "FUTURE"; WE HAVE A SMALL WINDOW AND WE MUST FIELD OUR BEST TEAM NOW EVEN IF IT MEANS SACRIFICING 2-3 years down the road. There is no doubt that the Hodson trade took away more than it added for this year. That's where MG went wrong. It is fair for anyone to analyze our GM in an objective way. That being said,I don't expect him to have a perfect trackrecord. Regardless of what happens this post-season, we have some big decisions to make and MG can once again redeem himself.

MG has made some great moves (brining in Erhoff for nothing, Hamhuis for a great deal, getting Sedins under a great deal, getting guys like Higgins and Lapierre. Finding a guy like Tanev, and being patient with Schnieder when he wasn't quite ready yet. But MG has also made some really questionable moves like taking Ballards contract, Booth's contract, and Sundin for 20million. The worst was the signing of STurm for 2.5 (After he had been waived the year prior and coming off injury), and the Hodson trade.

Archived