Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DhillonCanuck

Keep Bashing Mg

48 posts in this topic

I don't think MG is perfect but at least he is doing something to help out and less haphazard than some gms out there. I just hope he doesn't sacrifice too much of the prospects.

I think you meant to say, "the way he was ripping it up in January?", since he wasn't doing all that much in February, which was the month just before he was traded.

regards,

G.

You are only as good as your last game, this is the view of a few in this market. Blame the team then blame the coach then blame managment. Oh wait they win the next game and all is forgotten. Here is to winning the next game then!

Cheers,

Three President's trophy winners have lost in the first round in the last six years - only one has won the Cup.

The Canucks will be the second this year, and all the head hunting whiners will be stuck with MG and AV, two of the best in the business!

MIke Gillis in my point of view is still one of the best GM"s in the leauge. Happy to have him here. It's like Cody Hodgson would have prevented us from being down 3-0. no f in way guys.

Gillis lost me with the Hodgson trade, we could definately use some of his offensive ability right now.

Cody Hodgson played worse in last years playoffs then Kassian is this year, lets see how he does next year after gaining experience.

i dont know why everyone is riding hodgson c*ck the kid was garbage.

Yeah, he was only the Canucks' 4th leading goal scorer at the time of the trade after Daniel, Burrows and Kesler. Complete garbage.

whats with all the talk about missing Hodgson, Ehrhoff is the bigger loss

I had him at a higher level then he is. At the end of the day, some great moves and some brutal ones.

Grabner/Ballard deal, losing a 1st round gem

Sturm signing

Letting Torres Walk

Moving Hodgson for a rookie that will help, but in the FUTURE

Not acquiring a top 4 D on Feb 27

Smart guy, but made some HEAVY mistakes.

I think it's too early to fully evaluate the Hodgson-Kassian trade, but it sure doesn't look good right now. However you want to defend that trade, I think we could have used someone like him in the top 6 the past few games...

I think you meant to say, "the way he was ripping it up in January?", since he wasn't doing all that much in February, which was the month just before he was traded.

regards,

G.

And he did it with less ice time.

Meanwhile, AV and Gillis are scratching their heads, wondering why their team can't produce goals like they used to. Say what you will, but Cody's slap shot is something Kesler can only dream of having.

I am a fan of MG's but he didn't build the team that went to the finals he could make a greater claim to our current roster but we may have to wait until mext season for them to gel or in kassians case be nhl ready. I think we have a better team than we did last season but so far that hasn't translated into playoff wins

Ain't it true? Too bad the Canucks never figured out Kes was not going to regain his form of last year and moved Kes to the wing. Give Cody the second line centre position.Kes could mentor him and help him along and the team would hav e retained their secondary scoring and moved Kes to the wing where he could take it easier,given his physical condition.

Kes needs rest and the mgmt have yet to adjust or give him a break.