Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Keep Bashing Mg

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
47 replies to this topic

#31 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:32 PM

i dont know why everyone is riding hodgson c*ck the kid was garbage.

Yeah, he was only the Canucks' 4th leading goal scorer at the time of the trade after Daniel, Burrows and Kesler. Complete garbage.

People can say all they want. The fact is, Hodgson found something of a niche with the Canucks. He found chemistry with Hansen and was more productive as the team's 3rd line centre than with a bigger role in Buffalo (before being moved to the 4th line for the rest of the season). Having him as the 3rd line centre made the Canucks truly a 3-line attack team and he also gave the Canucks a double threat with the man advantage because he was so good at quarterbacking the 2nd unit.

I am by no means on the fire Gillis bandwagon. He has done so much for this organization that he gets a mulligan this season, but at the end of the day he did screw up with the Hodgson trade. We don't know for sure if Hodgson demanded a trade and even if he did, Gillis could have made him play out the season for the Canucks and trade him in the offseason. It might have worked out better for both sides as everyone might have had a Cup.

#32 js604

js604

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:37 PM

Yeah, he was only the Canucks' 4th leading goal scorer at the time of the trade after Daniel, Burrows and Kesler. Complete garbage.

And he did it with less ice time.

Meanwhile, AV and Gillis are scratching their heads, wondering why their team can't produce goals like they used to. Say what you will, but Cody's slap shot is something Kesler can only dream of having.

#33 87Crosby

87Crosby

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 561 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:49 PM

What does CBS CARES mean

#34 shazzam

shazzam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,473 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:53 PM

whats with all the talk about missing Hodgson, Ehrhoff is the bigger loss

#35 Sestito29

Sestito29

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

I had him at a higher level then he is. At the end of the day, some great moves and some brutal ones.

Grabner/Ballard deal, losing a 1st round gem
Sturm signing
Letting Torres Walk
Moving Hodgson for a rookie that will help, but in the FUTURE
Not acquiring a top 4 D on Feb 27

Smart guy, but made some HEAVY mistakes.

#36 keslerian one

keslerian one

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,287 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:57 PM

I think it's too early to fully evaluate the Hodgson-Kassian trade, but it sure doesn't look good right now. However you want to defend that trade, I think we could have used someone like him in the top 6 the past few games...

#37 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,212 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 10:59 PM

I think you meant to say, "the way he was ripping it up in January?", since he wasn't doing all that much in February, which was the month just before he was traded.

regards,
G.

Yeah,and Kes hasn't scored in 15 games.
Booth,Salo,Bieksa,Hamhuis and Higgins are pointless n the playoffs and Eddy hasn't scored a PP goal in 55 games.
Let's rag on the rookie that was fourth in team scoring and ended up fifth in the entire league.
Kind of .....pointless,even mean spirited.

Regards.

Edited by nuck nit, 17 April 2012 - 11:05 PM.

#38 nuck nit

nuck nit

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,212 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:10 PM

And he did it with less ice time.

Meanwhile, AV and Gillis are scratching their heads, wondering why their team can't produce goals like they used to. Say what you will, but Cody's slap shot is something Kesler can only dream of having.

Ain't it true? Too bad the Canucks never figured out Kes was not going to regain his form of last year and moved Kes to the wing. Give Cody the second line centre position.Kes could mentor him and help him along and the team would hav e retained their secondary scoring and moved Kes to the wing where he could take it easier,given his physical condition.
Kes needs rest and the mgmt have yet to adjust or give him a break.

#39 Vlas=d

Vlas=d

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:13 PM

I am a fan of MG's but he didn't build the team that went to the finals he could make a greater claim to our current roster but we may have to wait until mext season for them to gel or in kassians case be nhl ready. I think we have a better team than we did last season but so far that hasn't translated into playoff wins

explain to me how he didnt build that team?

MIKAEL SAMUELSSON
CHRISTIAN EHRHOFF
MANNY MALHOTRA
RAFFI TORRES
DAN HAMHUIS
ANDREW ALBERTS
CHRIS HIGGINS
KEITH BALLARD
MAXIM LAPIERRE
CHRISTOPHER TANEV
CODY HODGSON

all MG's doing.

Edited by Vlas=d, 17 April 2012 - 11:14 PM.

#40 Vlas=d

Vlas=d

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:18 PM

Ain't it true? Too bad the Canucks never figured out Kes was not going to regain his form of last year and moved Kes to the wing. Give Cody the second line centre position.Kes could mentor him and help him along and the team would hav e retained their secondary scoring and moved Kes to the wing where he could take it easier,given his physical condition.
Kes needs rest and the mgmt have yet to adjust or give him a break.

are you for real? like do you no anything about hockey? seriously you've got me dumbfounded. hodgson is no where near close to being a top 6 forward. he couldn't win a puck battle along the boards if his life depended on it and in the playoffs he would of been a huge liability. buffalo tried him as a top 6 forward and guess what he was coughing up the puck and losing battles like crazy and he went right down to 3rd line minutes on a far weaker team

#41 Trebreh

Trebreh

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,252 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 11:21 PM

I still have faith that MG has a master plan, but right now it doesnt look good.

When he became the GM of this team he promised a tougher team to play against.. It seems like after his 1st year, we've gotten softer and softer.

Kassian is a good start to changing this team's identity, hopefully some more muscle is added in the off season to protect his assests because there is a blueprint on how to beat this team now.

He needs to stop signing these 'almost' tough guys Bitz, Weise, Duco and get some real deterrents here. Every team has one except the Canucks.

If we dont get passed the 1st round, there better be an attitude change and drop this trying to be Detroit classy model.

#42 tiredatwork

tiredatwork

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

explain to me how he didnt build that team?

MIKAEL SAMUELSSON
CHRISTIAN EHRHOFF
MANNY MALHOTRA
RAFFI TORRES
DAN HAMHUIS
ANDREW ALBERTS
CHRIS HIGGINS
KEITH BALLARD
MAXIM LAPIERRE
CHRISTOPHER TANEV
CODY HODGSON

all MG's doing.

That is a really poor list 4 years in. They had 13 goals between em all playoffs. The pre MG guys carried us with 43. I understand goals don't mean everything, but they are a pretty good indicator of who brought in the talent, and who can't evaluate talent.
Worst GM we've ever had, should be selling used cars, not running a hockey team (into the ground).

#43 DarthANGER

DarthANGER

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:41 AM

doubt Canucks can win 4 games in a raw

You don't have to doubt, you can be certain :angry:

#44 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,839 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:57 AM

I said at the time of the Hodgson trade that I didn't like it. I understand that Coho's camp may have put Gillis in a tough position, but I still feel this trade could have waited until this summer.

That being said, I believe that all GMs make mistakes and Gillis is no different. However, I believe his entire body of work with this club so far has been far more psoitive than negative.

If I had to rate everything he's done, I'd say getting the twins re-signed and acquiring Hamhuis were his two best moves.
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#45 diesel_3

diesel_3

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,537 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:59 AM

Leave Magnesium alone!
Posted Image
Thanks to JimLahey for the great Sig!
Posted Image
SUPPORT YOUR TROOPS!

#46 speedyglass

speedyglass

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:14 PM

I had him at a higher level then he is. At the end of the day, some great moves and some brutal ones.

Grabner/Ballard deal, losing a 1st round gem
Sturm signing
Letting Torres Walk
Moving Hodgson for a rookie that will help, but in the FUTURE
Not acquiring a top 4 D on Feb 27

Smart guy, but made some HEAVY mistakes.

Um, smart GMs don't make Heavy mistakes of this magnitude.

#47 Canuck7611

Canuck7611

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

That is a really poor list 4 years in. They had 13 goals between em all playoffs. The pre MG guys carried us with 43. I understand goals don't mean everything, but they are a pretty good indicator of who brought in the talent, and who can't evaluate talent.
Worst GM we've ever had, should be selling used cars, not running a hockey team (into the ground).

HAHAHAHA. But you are totally right! Players like Sundin, Malhotra, Ballard and Sturm have conned their way into lucrative contracts and making Gillis believe that they will actually be productive on this team. Because we continue to pay ridiculous money to some of these players is one of the main reasons why we are so screwed under the cap that we can't go out and get quality scorers that will help immediately.

We should have never let Willie Mitchell go. Although he was coming off a concussion, he was still a D-man that could play on our top or 2nd pairing. He should have been paid in the 3-3.5M range if Ballard is getting 4.5M playing on our 3rd pairing or sitting in the pressbox. Instead Gillis decides to lowball him by asking Willie to take under 2M....what a friggen joke for a guy that is single handedly sticking it to us right now by shutting down anybody he is matched up with.

Gillis is the problem here and for someone that claimed to have a thorough knowledge of the league and players before he took the GM job, his transactions definitely don't reflect this. Bringing Hamhuis was the only decent transaction on his resume but even that was purely obvious as Hamhuis was vocal about coming to Vancouver for a LONG time before the deal was made.

#48 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,895 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:52 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.