Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * - - - 4 votes

Nail Yakupov Might Be In Our Future

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
107 replies to this topic

#1 tjolsen

tjolsen

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 06:58 PM

Nail is a monster superstar and there are rumors that we are looking to possibly trade Schneider and one suggestion that the Canucks have made to Edmonton is for the First overall pick and a few other pieces...imagine if we get this

with that pick...I think he is great and adds some fire to the team!!!!

#2 Markus Alexander Cody

Markus Alexander Cody

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,640 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

We would certainly not trade Schneider to the Oilers due to divisional rivalries. Plus, knowing that they have an improving Dubnyk and a major concern for defense, why would Edmonton even trade their 1st OA for a goalie when they've already got one.

Posted Image

credit to allons-y

Certainly going to be our #1 defensemen. Give him a couple more years to improve his game and he'll be our new and improved version of Matthias Ohlund in no time

Posted Image

^Truth

#3 cs2016

cs2016

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,344 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:00 PM

We shouldn't trade Schneider to a division rival. Could screw us in the later years.

#4 CytotoxicCD8TLymphocyte

CytotoxicCD8TLymphocyte

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

:picard: schneid never goin to edmonton

#5 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:01 PM

We would certainly not trade Schneider to the Oilers due to divisional rivalries. Plus, knowing that they have an improving Dubnyk and a major concern for defense, why would Edmonton even trade their 1st OA for a goalie when they've already got one.

yeah, i agree. Schneider is amazing, but Dubnyk is solid enough that it makes more sense for them to keep yakupov. Man, i'd so be so happy if we got nail though. Damn you, oilers!!!! I wish CBJ had received first 1 overall. Howson is dumb enough to make a deal with us. :lol:

#6 crime911

crime911

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 420 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:04 PM

I am thrilled to hear this rumor but at the same time I doubt of trading Cory to Edmonton oilers. I highly doubt edmonton wants a 2nd goally. they have Dubnyk and Khabibulin. Highly unlikely. But you never know what might happen. Its worth to give it a try.
Posted Image

#7 greenbean30

greenbean30

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,220 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:05 PM

yeah, i agree. Schneider is amazing, but Dubnyk is solid enough that it makes more sense for them to keep yakupov. Man, i'd so be so happy if we got nail though. Damn you, oilers!!!! I wish CBJ had received first 1 overall. Howson is dumb enough to make a deal with us. :lol:

Nah, it makes more sense for Edmonton to trade the first overall for a young defenceman and prospect plus mid 1st. They don't need another young forward, they need defence badly.

#8 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,251 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:07 PM

:bigblush:

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#9 tjolsen

tjolsen

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:08 PM

Toronto
Edmonton
Columbus
Tampa Bay
and Philly said they might be interested but they are not real players in this though...they just signed a goalie this offseason

and they are talking a lot about trading him

Edited by tjolsen, 17 April 2012 - 07:08 PM.

#10 D.Doughty

D.Doughty

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

Toronto trades 1st round pick and Luke Schenn for Edmonton's pick.

#11 tjolsen

tjolsen

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:09 PM

They are not drafting Yakupov...they have made it public that they want Ryan Murray and want to try to trade down

#12 tjolsen

tjolsen

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:10 PM

Toronto trades 1st round pick and Luke Schenn for Edmonton's pick.

Really???

#13 tjolsen

tjolsen

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

I am thrilled to hear this rumor but at the same time I doubt of trading Cory to Edmonton oilers. I highly doubt edmonton wants a 2nd goally. they have Dubnyk and Khabibulin. Highly unlikely. But you never know what might happen. Its worth to give it a try.

Yeah I was soooo happy too....Dubnyk will never win them a cup and Khabi is sooo old lol

#14 gragnanifan1

gragnanifan1

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 592 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:11 PM

huh?
Posted Image
credit goes to allons-y
Posted Image NHL 13 GM Connected -GM of the Hurricanes http://forum.canucks...ed-league-xbox/

#15 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,443 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:22 PM

I would have rather traded Cory to Colorado last year for Landy.

Edit: Divison rival blah blah blah.

Edited by Tanev's Smirk, 17 April 2012 - 07:22 PM.

#16 Anti-Bettman

Anti-Bettman

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 545 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:23 PM

Edmonton wants a lower draft pick (but still in the top 5) and a solid D man. It would be possible to get nail in a 3 way trade with one of the top 5 draft pick teams that need a goalie... but very doubtful

* 1st in Canucks Fantasy Hockey 2011/12*

Posted ImagePosted Image

#17 Pickly

Pickly

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:32 PM

Edmonton wants a lower draft pick (but still in the top 5) and a solid D man. It would be
possible to get nail in a 3 way trade with one of the top 5 draft pick teams that need a goalie... but very doubtful

How do you actually know what Edmonton wants? Is there proof they want to trade the 1st pick for a defenseman? No. There's no proof, just spectulation. It's obvious the Oilers need to improve their backend before they have any shot at making the playoffs next year, but it doesn't mean that it's set in stone they are going to deal the 1st overall pick to do so. Assuming is far from knowing the real truth.

#18 ABNuck

ABNuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

Nail is a monster superstar and there are rumors that we are looking to possibly trade Schneider and one suggestion that the Canucks have made to Edmonton is for the First overall pick and a few other pieces...imagine if we get this

SAYS WHO!!!!!
Frack I'm sick and tired of all the Yakupov is a mega-superstar CRAP!!!
He's not even a star in Junior. Quit throwing your panties on-stage for whoever the media tells you to...for crapsakes this kid is nothing but a second liner at best. DON'T BELIEVE ALL THE MEDIA HYPE. The same guys that are hyping Yakupov and this year's draft are the same guys that predicted Vancouver-Pittsburgh SC final...oh yeah, they're real experts.

FOR FINAL TIME CHILDREN / PUPPETS ET AL....NAIL YAKUPOV AIN'T THAT GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#19 Aixtek

Aixtek

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,987 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:40 PM

Ugh, Lowe took Dubnyk to the World's... If Edmonton was looking for a goalie why would they do that?

So tired of hearing this trade.

#20 mpt

mpt

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,473 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:41 PM

If I were Edmonton I may consider trading Hall instead and drafting yakupov

#21 xereau

xereau

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

A 3 way trade might be doable.

But direct to the Oilers, probably will never happen.

"In the beginning of a change, the patriot is a scarce man:
brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the

timid join him; for then it costs nothing to be a patriot."

Mark Twain

#22 billabong

billabong

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,965 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:42 PM

now that bob mckenzie has been laying down the facts and his opinions, i am not really interested in yakupov....i want ryan murray
Posted Image

#23 thechamps

thechamps

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:51 PM

Dubnyk's their guy in edmonton
never say never, but just sayin'

#24 tjolsen

tjolsen

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:52 PM

I would have rather traded Cory to Colorado last year for Landy.

Edit: Divison rival blah blah blah.

Hahaha that would have been nice...landy is a monster

#25 tjolsen

tjolsen

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 124 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:53 PM

now that bob mckenzie has been laying down the facts and his opinions, i am not really interested in yakupov....i want ryan murray

Murray is good and all but imagine Yakupov with the Sedins and Burrows back with Kesler and Booth those 2 lines would be amazing...see you all later...ill be back tomorrow

#26 ABNuck

ABNuck

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 585 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 07:54 PM

Why? Based on what? Is it because Taylor Hall only got 106 points in his final year of junior and Yakupov got a whopping 69 points? Is that your proof? Is this what you would base your decision on? I guess that's why you're not an NHL GM. Better yet, with ideas and opinions like that I would like you to go apply for the Oiler's GM position...please. Then when you're there we'll trade you Bitz, Raymond and Pahlsson for Eberle, Hall and RNH...sound good to you? You shouldn't be worried, you've got the 1st overall pick to select Nail Yakupov the second coming of Wayne Gretzky. :picard:

#27 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

They are not drafting Yakupov...they have made it public that they want Ryan Murray and want to try to trade down

they have not made anything public,Thats just speculation
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#28 Pickly

Pickly

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:04 PM

You need reasoning if your going to make posts like this.

#29 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:14 PM

I like how some kid on youtube is your source.

#30 TwinTelepathy

TwinTelepathy

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 196 posts

Posted 17 April 2012 - 08:15 PM

steve tambellini's an idiot of a GM...his team needs defence, but hes just gonna try and overload on the offence...Watch tambo pull a Nugent Hopkins/Adam Larsson and go for Yakupov. I really don't know why that pathetic GM still has a Job. Burkie in Toronto would actually know what to do when you get 2..no 3 first overall picks in a row. Glad Tambellini didn't get the GM job here..

Edited by TwinTelepathy, 17 April 2012 - 08:15 PM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.