The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nail Yakupov Might Be In Our Future

tjolsen

id like to

The difference is, I am basing my opinion on facts, not feelings or emotions or buying into media hype. The facts are, this draft is about the weakest in the last 7 years. Murphy will probably turn out to be a minute muncher, there's some solid 2nd and 3rd liners in this draft, but that's about it. Again, it's impossible to predict how 18/19 year old players will develop when they start playing against men, not boys, but the facts also speak for themselves. If you can't excel at the junior level (ie/ the last 7 first rounders) then chances are you won't excel at the NHL level. So to apply the "mega super-star" label to this kid is just plain uninformed, uneducated and pure opinion with no facts to back it up. Then to add to that, suggesting any trades with respects to proven NHL players who play at a level far above the level of the player mentioned is just plain idiotic. Again, I'm glad Mike Gillis is our GM, not any of the people on here that would trade anything of value for Yakupov. If we could have a first O/A pick for Schneider, then why not get Tavares, or Hall or any of the other firsts from the last 7 years...why would we want this one?

SAYS WHO!!!!!

Frack I'm sick and tired of all the Yakupov is a mega-superstar CRAP!!!

He's not even a star in Junior. Quit throwing your panties on-stage for whoever the media tells you to...for crapsakes this kid is nothing but a second liner at best. DON'T BELIEVE ALL THE MEDIA HYPE. The same guys that are hyping Yakupov and this year's draft are the same guys that predicted Vancouver-Pittsburgh SC final...oh yeah, they're real experts.

FOR FINAL TIME CHILDREN / PUPPETS ET AL....NAIL YAKUPOV AIN'T THAT GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the plan:

1. Trade CS for EDM's #1 overall pick

2. Draft Yakupov

3. Trade Raymond + Ballard + Luongo and our 1st overall for Columbus' 2nd (draft Murray) and Nash

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Nash - Kesler - Booth

Jensen - ???? - Yakupov

Weise - Lappiere - Kassian

Hamhuis - Murray

Edler - Bieksa

Gragnani - Tanev

Lack

Honzik

Youth movement! Just hand us over the Cup :bigblush:

Yeah I am pissed at the hype people on here belive regarding this kid. And the ridiculous trade offers...seriously Luongo for Yakupov? Wow, just wow. I realize this forum is for people's opinions, but these types of posts are sheer bullcrap. People believe whatever the media tells them and as I stated, it's all hype. And of course nobody's going to put an end to it...it's good for hockey, and for hockey's future. I apologize humbly for ranting like a 13 year old, but this crap has got to end. This draft year just isn't good. Maybe there's a hidden gem in there, but as for the so-called top 2 Russians, they're just way over-hyped.

Here is the plan:

2. Draft Yakupov

3. Trade Raymond + Ballard + Luongo and our 1st overall for Columbus' 2nd (draft Murray) and Nash

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Nash - Kesler - Booth

Jensen - ???? - Yakupov

Hamhuis - Murray

Edler - Bieksa

Gragnani - Tanev

Lack

Honzik

Why? Based on what? Is it because Taylor Hall only got 106 points in his final year of junior and Yakupov got a whopping 69 points? Is that your proof? Is this what you would base your decision on? I guess that's why you're not an NHL GM. Better yet, with ideas and opinions like that I would like you to go apply for the Oiler's GM position...please. Then when you're there we'll trade you Bitz, Raymond and Pahlsson for Eberle, Hall and RNH...sound good to you? You shouldn't be worried, you've got the 1st overall pick to select Nail Yakupov the second coming of Wayne Gretzky. :picard:

Here is the plan:

2. Draft Yakupov

Sedin - Sedin - Burrows

Nash - Kesler - Booth

Jensen - ???? - Yakupov

Hamhuis - Murray

Edler - Bieksa

Gragnani - Tanev

Lack

Honzik

Why? Based on what? Is it because Taylor Hall only got 106 points in his final year of junior and Yakupov got a whopping 69 points? Is that your proof? Is this what you would base your decision on? I guess that's why you're not an NHL GM. Better yet, with ideas and opinions like that I would like you to go apply for the Oiler's GM position...please. Then when you're there we'll trade you Bitz, Raymond and Pahlsson for Eberle, Hall and RNH...sound good to you? You shouldn't be worried, you've got the 1st overall pick to select Nail Yakupov the second coming of Wayne Gretzky. :picard:

Archived