The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nail Yakupov Might Be In Our Future

tjolsen

No...just no.

Do you realize that Dubnyk is on our World Championship team? The Oilers obviously think he's a good starter. They're not going to risk giving us an impact, franchise player just to get another one.

I expect Tambellini to draft Yakupov, and then use more "questionable" assets like MPS or even Hall to acquire defensive help.

steve tambellini's an idiot of a GM...his team needs defence, but hes just gonna try and overload on the offence...Watch tambo pull a Nugent Hopkins/Adam Larsson and go for Yakupov. I really don't know why that pathetic GM still has a Job. Burkie in Toronto would actually know what to do when you get 2..no 3 first overall picks in a row. Glad Tambellini didn't get the GM job here..

No...just no.

Do you realize that Dubnyk is on our World Championship team? The Oilers obviously think he's a good starter. They're not going to risk giving us an impact, franchise player just to get another one.

I expect Tambellini to draft Yakupov, and then use more "questionable" assets like MPS or even Hall to acquire defensive help.

While the trade Hall thing was dumb, so is your response. Yakupov was on pace for 107 points in 65 games in what would be his 2nd year in the OHL. Hall got 106 in his 3rd year, 90 in his 2nd year (63 games).

...hmm The only reason I think that this might not happen is just because we are division rivals....but come on Devan is not even a top 15 Goalie...It is very hard to win a Cup with an average NHL goalie...and I think they are trying to move this pick and thay want Ryan Murray...Eberle will never be moved off the first line...so Yakupov will be a second liner his whole career...just saying

...hmm The only reason I think that this might not happen is just because we are division rivals....but come on Devan is not even a top 15 Goalie...It is very hard to win a Cup with an average NHL goalie...and I think they are trying to move this pick and thay want Ryan Murray...Eberle will never be moved off the first line...so Yakupov will be a second liner his whole career...just saying

omg, people, there is no way, that this deal can happen unless we have a middle team to fiddle with both parties. This is just a silly thread. would have been a much better one if you said "CS for Nash".

and there are plenty of "CS trade" threads out there.

omg, people, there is no way, that this deal can happen unless we have a middle team to fiddle with both parties. This is just a silly thread. would have been a much better one if you said "CS for Nash".

and there are plenty of "CS trade" threads out there.

Ryan Murray makes not a lot of sense. Sure the Oilers need D, but D take longer to develop. By the time Murray develops, the Oiler forwards would have been at their peak for quite some time. It makes more sense to draft Yakupov and trade assets to acquire that stud D who is already 4-5 years into their development. Pick the asset in your pool that you could live with not building your team around and go from there. Hence with Hall's shoulder and head injuries, I'd be thinking about moving him. If Nashville can't afford to keep Weber, maybe that deal would make sense to both parties. Hall and another decent level 2 prospect for Weber.

well Weber is a FA this offseason I think and I think Hall is the weakest link there right now just because of the Shoulder and the Concussion injuries...I think they have to try to move him if they do not go down the draft...lol...just very little defensive talent on that team

Archived