The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nail Yakupov Might Be In Our Future

tjolsen

Yeah I am pissed at the hype people on here belive regarding this kid. And the ridiculous trade offers...seriously Luongo for Yakupov? Wow, just wow. I realize this forum is for people's opinions, but these types of posts are sheer bullcrap. People believe whatever the media tells them and as I stated, it's all hype. And of course nobody's going to put an end to it...it's good for hockey, and for hockey's future. I apologize humbly for ranting like a 13 year old, but this crap has got to end. This draft year just isn't good. Maybe there's a hidden gem in there, but as for the so-called top 2 Russians, they're just way over-hyped.

The proposal was trading either Schneider or Luongo for this first. I call Yakupov a 2nd line plug due to his stats in junior...he matches up with a 2nd line NHL player (future potential). What's so wrong with being a solid 2nd liner in the NHL? My point is simply that he is NOT the superstar he's being hyped as...he is quite simply a decent future NHLer...that is all. So please, let's not be talking about trading gold for silver...or if you think Luongo is only silver, then silver for bronze...get the idea?

steve tambellini's an idiot of a GM...his team needs defence, but hes just gonna try and overload on the offence...Watch tambo pull a Nugent Hopkins/Adam Larsson and go for Yakupov. I really don't know why that pathetic GM still has a Job. Burkie in Toronto would actually know what to do when you get 2..no 3 first overall picks in a row. Glad Tambellini didn't get the GM job here..

I disagree with your comment with him being a "2nd" line player. He will be on par at Patrick Kane's calibre. Have he finished off the season he will have more points then Stamkos did at the same age. The kid just a dynamite.

SAYS WHO!!!!!

Frack I'm sick and tired of all the Yakupov is a mega-superstar CRAP!!!

He's not even a star in Junior. Quit throwing your panties on-stage for whoever the media tells you to...for crapsakes this kid is nothing but a second liner at best. DON'T BELIEVE ALL THE MEDIA HYPE. The same guys that are hyping Yakupov and this year's draft are the same guys that predicted Vancouver-Pittsburgh SC final...oh yeah, they're real experts.

FOR FINAL TIME CHILDREN / PUPPETS ET AL....NAIL YAKUPOV AIN'T THAT GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nail is a monster superstar and there are rumors that we are looking to possibly trade Schneider and one suggestion that the Canucks have made to Edmonton is for the First overall pick and a few other pieces...imagine if we get this

with that pick...I think he is great and adds some fire to the team!!!!

Nail is a monster superstar and there are rumors that we are looking to possibly trade Schneider and one suggestion that the Canucks have made to Edmonton is for the First overall pick and a few other pieces...imagine if we get this

with that pick...I think he is great and adds some fire to the team!!!!

The proposal was trading either Schneider or Luongo for this first. I call Yakupov a 2nd line plug due to his stats in junior...he matches up with a 2nd line NHL player (future potential). What's so wrong with being a solid 2nd liner in the NHL? My point is simply that he is NOT the superstar he's being hyped as...he is quite simply a decent future NHLer...that is all. So please, let's not be talking about trading gold for silver...or if you think Luongo is only silver, then silver for bronze...get the idea?

Archived