The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where Will Cory Go

Southpop45

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1) tampa - the best destination cory can hope for, a young talented team with some productive vetrans; they are only a number 1 goalie shy of becoming a playoff team. Desirable assets: Hedman, Conolly, Purcell, Malone, 2012 10th overall pick, late first round pick 20th - 30th overall

2)toronto - a likely destination based on available assets. goaltending and horrible defence are why toronto has a lottery pick this year. with cory half the problem is solved and he takes them to the 2013 playoffs. Desirable assets: 2012 5th overall pick, Schenn, Colborne, Kadri, Gardiner

3)new york islanders - another destination that can provide great assets. i know they resigned nabokov, but hes too old to be a long term solution. if they get schneider they get a long term solution to goaltending and can trade nabokov for some assets. there are so many good assets that islanders have i cant list them all. Deriable assets: Dee Han, 2012 4th overall pick, Strome, Neiderriter, Kabonov, ect.....

4)columbus - probably the team besides tampa that wants schneider the most. this team is so desperate for good goaltending and their gm is a moron so i can see a deal happening with them. however unless the deal involves Nash it might be a little tricky because columbus does not have a lot of good assets. Desirable assets: Nash, 2012 2nd overall pick, really dont see any other assets worth tradng for

5)edmonton - the only reason they're on this list is because they have the first overall pick. dubnyk is their number 1 so they dont even want cory. the only way this happens is 3 team deal wear the third team gets a cory or cory package from van, van gets the 1st overall pick, edmonton get a young top paring defenceman and some other assets that probably inlcude a top ten pick in this years draft. highly doubt this will happen. it is beyond stupid to trade within your own divison.

my best guess is that cory will go to columbus. they want him the most and that idiot gm of theirs will harsh overpay for him. they dont have a lot of assets but im sure howson will find a way to make it work; it will involve that 2nd overall pick in any way. another reason i say columbus is because it has been made clear that Gardiner and Hedman are practically untouchables.

Funny because last night I was watching this sports analyst guy talk on sportsnet, about Tampa would be a perfect fit for Luongo if he was to waive his no trade clause. And if Tampa was really interested in him, he didn't think Luongo would hesitate to waive his no trade clause, because then he would be closer to his family in Florida and retire with his family. Found it pretty interesting actually.

I could see LU wanted to go to Tampa given his wife's family is in Florida and apperantly she hated the fact he got traded here. Anyways it'd be so sad to see either of these guys go...Luongo who single handedly turned the franchise around and Schneider who has the potential to be one of the best goaltenders (if he already isnt) in the league. Lose lose situation for us.

Funny because last night I was watching this sports analyst guy talk on sportsnet, about Tampa would be a perfect fit for Luongo if he was to waive his no trade clause. And if Tampa was really interested in him, he didn't think Luongo would hesitate to waive his no trade clause, because then he would be closer to his family in Florida and retire with his family. Found it pretty interesting actually.

Archived