The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where Will Cory Go

Southpop45

119 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I have to agree with this, IF they start Schneider it is sending a message that they trust him more in the most important game of their season, no way would Luongo be ok with this and at seasons end he either asks to be traded or MG asks him or his agent to waive his no trade

Is it really that obvious?

There's a chance that Schneider would start tomorrow, but Luongo will probably start because of his reputation. If they put in Schneider, it's sending a message that they simply don't trust Luongo anymore. It's pretty dumb because Schneider will probably give us the more consistent goaltending.

You never know what you're going to get with Luongo.

Let me ask you this. Do you think Luongo can win 4 games in a row for us being consistent?

Then ask yourself the same question with Schneider.

Is it really that obvious?

There's a chance that Schneider would start tomorrow, but Luongo will probably start because of his reputation. If they put in Schneider, it's sending a message that they simply don't trust Luongo anymore. It's pretty dumb because Schneider will probably give us the more consistent goaltending.

You never know what you're going to get with Luongo.

Let me ask you this. Do you think Luongo can win 4 games in a row for us being consistent?

Then ask yourself the same question with Schneider.

I have to agree with this, IF they start Schneider it is sending a message that they trust him more in the most important game of their season, no way would Luongo be ok with this and at seasons end he either asks to be traded or MG asks him or his agent to waive his no trade

i dont understand how everyone thinks he will go to tampa. they dont have a lot of assets that they are willing to give up. hedman no, purcell no, malone not worth it, conolly not proven, 10th overall pick is a pick. i know its the best place for him to go but what are we gonna get in return

I'll pick the 6th option, that is, Schneider will stay in Vancouver. Luongo won't be happy to be a backup and he will waive his no trade clause and ask to be traded. Luongo will end up either in Tampa or Toronto where both teams are desparately in need of a good goalie and Luongo would be happy to be close to his families in Florida or Montreal. This works great for all parties.

well obviously none of us will know until game time but all the analysts on the radio today believe Schneider will be given the start

I`m not against Luongo he`s played well but I just think for whatever reason the team plays better infront of Schneider and that will be why Schneider will likely be chosen to go in

Funny because last night I was watching this sports analyst guy talk on sportsnet, about Tampa would be a perfect fit for Luongo if he was to waive his no trade clause. And if Tampa was really interested in him, he didn't think Luongo would hesitate to waive his no trade clause, because then he would be closer to his family in Florida and retire with his family. Found it pretty interesting actually.

Take a look at it this way.

Brodeur has won a cup, Luongo hasn't. They're both good goalies, but they're past their prime. Yes, Luongo has been in the NHL for a long while now, and there are many young goaltenders these days developing fast, for eg; Quick, Andre Fleury, Crawford, etc etc. It's most likely that groin injury Luongo has had in the past that affects him, and i notice that his skating is his weakness. He isn't able to get across to make saves, he isn't able to slide across properly to stop players when they deke, so he belly flops as ppl say.

Roberto may hate it, but his time is coming to an end, or at least, he may want to be an Ohlund and finish off his career helping other young goaltenders learn the game. Yes, there's an argument that why would people learn from him if he hasn't won the cup. But he did get that close to it.

As you can tell, Brodeur was my idol growing up, but he is not the same. The players are much better nowadays.

If you had to compare Luongo to the other great goaltenders in the recent past, like Brodeur, Patrick Roy, Hasek, it's tough to put Luongo on there for me. I loved Ohlund and hated when he left, but i think the same might be the solution for Lu. We need a goaltender who is confident. Someone who comes in to play the game with that confidence and put that confidence in his teammates. Someone who doesn't give you the feeling everytime there is a breakaway, that oh great, they're gonna score, and you feel like you're about to close your eyes just as the opponent drives in on Lu.

Lu isn't our own prospect, and was brought here to fix our goaltending situation a long time ago. He deserves enough respect for helping this organization so much at least. Schneider is our own prospect. He's done enough to warrant that # 1 spot. Considering how bad our goaltending history has been, having Schneider in net as a starter will still be much better than what we had. He's got that AHL award, and if Lu lets go of his NTC for the better of the team and his family, we might be able to get a decent return for him.

Where will Schneider be? If the right offer comes, i'd say NewYorkIslanders or he stays. NYI have some decent young offensive players, and their defence is not too great, but having a great goaltender might balance it out for them, if we're able to get a young defenseman from them. I believe they have someone, i forget, if anyone remembers? And we will need defenseman, the way we are playing defense right now. Salo might retire, and maybe Connauton might get a tryout next year. I'm not a fan of Bieksa's play. He's a character guy, but... well. yeah. It's because of Hamhuis that he is playing on the top pairing. otherwise he was a 3rd pairing most of his career playing with us. We need a good shutdown Dman if we're letting go of Schneider to be able to help Lu if that's the case and develop Lack.

Lu deserves another chance, it's not entirely his fault this playoffs. The team could have done much better. Maybe there are personal conflict of interest in the locker room between certain players, who knows. Whatever it is, we'll have to wait and see.

Good luck team, btw, met Daniel at the airport while i was working. Was stunned when i turned and looked at him and found out he was heading to LA yesterday.

Take a look at it this way.

Brodeur has won a cup, Luongo hasn't. They're both good goalies, but they're past their prime. Yes, Luongo has been in the NHL for a long while now, and there are many young goaltenders these days developing fast, for eg; Quick, Andre Fleury, Crawford, etc etc. It's most likely that groin injury Luongo has had in the past that affects him, and i notice that his skating is his weakness. He isn't able to get across to make saves, he isn't able to slide across properly to stop players when they deke, so he belly flops as ppl say.

Roberto may hate it, but his time is coming to an end, or at least, he may want to be an Ohlund and finish off his career helping other young goaltenders learn the game. Yes, there's an argument that why would people learn from him if he hasn't won the cup. But he did get that close to it.

As you can tell, Brodeur was my idol growing up, but he is not the same. The players are much better nowadays.

If you had to compare Luongo to the other great goaltenders in the recent past, like Brodeur, Patrick Roy, Hasek, it's tough to put Luongo on there for me. I loved Ohlund and hated when he left, but i think the same might be the solution for Lu. We need a goaltender who is confident. Someone who comes in to play the game with that confidence and put that confidence in his teammates. Someone who doesn't give you the feeling everytime there is a breakaway, that oh great, they're gonna score, and you feel like you're about to close your eyes just as the opponent drives in on Lu.

Lu isn't our own prospect, and was brought here to fix our goaltending situation a long time ago. He deserves enough respect for helping this organization so much at least. Schneider is our own prospect. He's done enough to warrant that # 1 spot. Considering how bad our goaltending history has been, having Schneider in net as a starter will still be much better than what we had. He's got that AHL award, and if Lu lets go of his NTC for the better of the team and his family, we might be able to get a decent return for him.

Where will Schneider be? If the right offer comes, i'd say NewYorkIslanders or he stays. NYI have some decent young offensive players, and their defence is not too great, but having a great goaltender might balance it out for them, if we're able to get a young defenseman from them. I believe they have someone, i forget, if anyone remembers? And we will need defenseman, the way we are playing defense right now. Salo might retire, and maybe Connauton might get a tryout next year. I'm not a fan of Bieksa's play. He's a character guy, but... well. yeah. It's because of Hamhuis that he is playing on the top pairing. otherwise he was a 3rd pairing most of his career playing with us. We need a good shutdown Dman if we're letting go of Schneider to be able to help Lu if that's the case and develop Lack.

Lu deserves another chance, it's not entirely his fault this playoffs. The team could have done much better. Maybe there are personal conflict of interest in the locker room between certain players, who knows. Whatever it is, we'll have to wait and see.

Good luck team, btw, met Daniel at the airport while i was working. Was stunned when i turned and looked at him and found out he was heading to LA yesterday.

Archived