The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What's Wrong With Me?

Bodee

Bodee,I apologise.

You are a devoted hockey and Canucks fan and that is why everybody here is with you,whether they admit to it or not.

However,over forty years without a championship and with a run to the finals last year has left a lot of Canucks supporters on edge and without patience.

That could be seen in game 3 before Schneids bailed the team out and gave the team time to get into the game.

The same can be seen with the fans here-not really into it when losing but with enough hockey sense to know the team could win it all.

It is just a sign of the times.Lots of fans on this forum are young and like to slag one another or players or the team or whatever they can.It is their sport and release.

When the Nucks are losing they are the biggest critics,when the team wins they are the biggest fist pumpers.

After watching Canucks hockey since inception I just watch the games to hopefully witness effort and class and excellent skills displayed.

This team is so skilled and talented I just enjoy being able to watch them display their skill sets and ply their gift of top professional play.

In many ways that is why I was sad to see CoHo leave as he possessed a great shot and on ice vision.

Taking winning too seriously after 42 seasons is not advised,nor is blind devotion to corporate entities.

Enjoy the game and the skill set of the players and ignore the noise.

Enjoy all the teams,players and play in every league and at every level of play. I do.

It is all hockey and the game is great. Enjoy.

In the future grown men making threads titled "What's wrong with me ? at 3:05 AM should be referred to mindchek.ca

People that tie their own self worth to a team they cheer for is only asking for trouble.

Win or lose tonight we have a great organization and a beautiful city and i trust MG will make the appropriate decisions in the off season on a partial rebuild.

What's wrong with you? You my dear are a real fan!! Do Not change. Stand tall with the rest of us true faithful and no matter what believe in the boys in blue and green.

Now on a serious note Your post made my night! I have been so frustrated with our fan base I just don't understand how people who claim they are hard core/die hard fans can turn on our team basically over night. Its rather disgusting to be honest and not to upset any new fans, I have to wonder if this is perhaps because some of the people who are like this have not been with the team for years, and years and therefore have not felt the sting of defeat. Simply put we are too used to winning and when it doesn't happen we don't like it!

And you act like a disrespectful goof who must have taken one too many pucks to the head .. cut the guy some slack .. he is welcome to have an opinion without some "troll" attacking him .. so you disagree with him? .. good for you.

Just as many folks here disagree with you I am sure, but few of them act the clown .. what happened .. did the rodeo fire you??

I am amazed you are not embarrassed by your mean spiritedness ..

• 1 year later...

I felt pretty similar after game 3 and then it kinda hit me. This is just a game. The best game in the world yeah, but when it is all said and done it will really add nothing to my life, but some cool memories. Or in the case of this Playoff series, pretty crappy ones. I have neglected my wife and daughter for nights on end and told them to shut up so I could hear what Shorty was saying that in NO way had an impact on my life. I realized that in a weird way our success made me gravitate more towards this team, but our recent struggles kinda put things into perspective for me (No bandwagon, been with this team since 92). This team will win or lose and continue on whether I watch them or not. I have bragged to many that I have not missed a game in over 4 years and that is true. Meanwhile I have a 6 year old princess that loves this team only because I love them, yet I have lost so much time with her. I am not trying to be a downer because I LOVE this team, but for whatever reason I woke up Sunday feeling OK about everything. Normally it would ruin my day and I would be rude with my wife, but since then I am hopeful we will come back and just happy to watch some hockey. So yes, I will watch with some friends tonight and we will cheer as usual. And if we win, I will be super stoked. If not? It will suck, but my life will go on. And so too will those of the players. Because it is just a game. And as you hear the players say all the time, some things are more important.

Archived