Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Marc Crawford Says

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
89 replies to this topic

#61 tocnhockey

tocnhockey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,732 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:21 PM

Can we get him back as our coach?

NO, not here please....there's a reason he's been let go from the last three teams he's coached....can't make it in the p/o's.

Nice comment he made about Edler, though.

"He'll play, you know he'll play. He'll play on crutches."

linden_mclean1994.jpg

Kirk McLean and Trevor Linden -Game 6 1994 SC Finals

8_9_18.gifRIP PAT QUINN

#62 Tru_Knyte

Tru_Knyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,355 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:25 PM

At the time, we still paid him 2.5 mill, which wasn't chump change.

Regarding Crow, definitely he did not have anywhere close to as strong a defense to work with. Crow also used his top players better, using the Sedins on the PK like other stars do, they were actually the forward pair that went the longest without getting scored on while PK'ing, in the league. Had AV continued to use them like that, they'd probably be amongst the most respected two way high scoring forwards in the league right now.

Crow was a good goalie away from the cup here.
Now we're a good coach away from a cup here.

Theoretically, one is easier to find than the other.
Posted Image

#63 CanuckFan1981

CanuckFan1981

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 679 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:31 PM

Personally I wouldn't trade the coach with the best record in our history for the coach with the second best record in our history. Especially seeing as how it was also the last coach to get fired here. I like Crow for sure, but I just don't think it would work any better than it is now.

I don't see much point in firing AV.

I also know that if AV is fired this year, he will have a job to start next season somewhere else in the league. Lot's of teams would happily take him, IMO.

#64 tocnhockey

tocnhockey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,732 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:33 PM

linden_mclean1994.jpg

8_9_18.gifRIP PAT QUINN

#65 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,450 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:44 PM

Personally I wouldn't trade the coach with the best record in our history for the coach with the second best record in our history. Especially seeing as how it was also the last coach to get fired here. I like Crow for sure, but I just don't think it would work any better than it is now.

I don't see much point in firing AV.

I also know that if AV is fired this year, he will have a job to start next season somewhere else in the league. Lot's of teams would happily take him, IMO.

The question is does he have that record because he's a good coach?

Or is it because he's "coaching" a great team?

#66 thad

thad

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,229 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:56 PM

Not just saying this because of that comment but I would welcome him back with open arms the day they MG decides its time for a new coach.. MacT is better suited for a young team or coaching our prospects IMO

#67 giXXer

giXXer

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 461 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 03:58 PM

Bring back crow!!

#68 DreamHerO

DreamHerO

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,800 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

Crow at least showed emotions in games and yell at the stupid refs = P
Posted Image

#69 kassian train!

kassian train!

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:14 PM

I really think this hockey team needs a guy like Crawford. He gets the player pumped up and if the team doesn't play well he can actually turn their game around by lighting the whole bench on fire. NOW all AV does is put on his no expression face. This doesn't really motivate the players. The canucks really needs a torterella guy and Crawford can be that guy.........if AV does get booted.

#70 Canucks_fo_life

Canucks_fo_life

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,593 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:16 PM

I've been wanting Crow back for years
I rather lose with the Canucks, than win with any other team

This is OUR year

GO CANUCKS GOOOOOO!!!!!!!

#71 Toews

Toews

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,141 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:19 PM

I cant believe you guys actually want Crawford back lol.

#72 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 04:50 PM

The fact he was only able to win one cup with a team that stacked should speak volumes of how overrated he is. When's the last time he even coached a team into the playoffs? I would never want him back here behind the bench.

Crawford coached Que/Col 4 years and won a cup. He had a strong team with a great goalie.

He came here and got us 4 seasons with 40+ wins without the benefit of a goalie that was any good. I have very little doubt if the Crawford coached teams had a Luongo or Schneider, we'd have been celebrating a cup.

The he coached a poor team in LA, for 2 seasons, with poor goaltending. The Kings finished 5th in their division the following two years after Crow left. I'm not seeing their performance as his fault there.

On to Dallas, where he was "lucky" enough to be the coach when ownership set a salary limit well below the cap as the team ownership was in turmoil, and they were riding the end of Turco's career as his ability was declining (and they got rid of him after this). Dallas without Crow is NOT in the playoffs this year now are they?

Despite not "succeeding" in LA or Dallas, Crow still improved each teams wins by 5 in the second year with them.

Personally I wouldn't trade the coach with the best record in our history for the coach with the second best record in our history.

AV is the only coach in Canucks history to have a goalie anywhere near the caliber of Luongo. It's been very clear that anytime our goalies here aren't playing above average, AV doesn't seem to win. If it takes allstar goaltending for AV to win, it's simply a case of awesome goaltending, not awesome coaching.

#73 tocnhockey

tocnhockey

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,732 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:19 PM

Crawford coached Que/Col 4 years and won a cup. He had a strong team with a great goalie. He came here and got us 4 seasons with 40+ wins without the benefit of a goalie that was any good. I have very little doubt if the Crawford coached teams had a Luongo or Schneider, we'd have been celebrating a cup. The he coached a poor team in LA, for 2 seasons, with poor goaltending. The Kings finished 5th in their division the following two years after Crow left. I'm not seeing their performance as his fault there. On to Dallas, where he was "lucky" enough to be the coach when ownership set a salary limit well below the cap as the team ownership was in turmoil, and they were riding the end of Turco's career as his ability was declining (and they got rid of him after this). Dallas without Crow is NOT in the playoffs this year now are they? Despite not "succeeding" in LA or Dallas, Crow still improved each teams wins by 5 in the second year with them. AV is the only coach in Canucks history to have a goalie anywhere near the caliber of Luongo. It's been very clear that anytime our goalies here aren't playing above average, AV doesn't seem to win. If it takes allstar goaltending for AV to win, it's simply a case of awesome goaltending, not awesome coaching.

See NO Crow, Speak NO Crow Posted Image

linden_mclean1994.jpg

8_9_18.gifRIP PAT QUINN

#74 KING ALBERTS

KING ALBERTS

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,288 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 05:23 PM

luongo for rick nash

vigneault for crawford
Posted ImagePosted Image

i fel off the banwagon and hit my hed on a rok

#75 Canuckin'-Chong

Canuckin'-Chong

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:37 AM

I knew edler can do it! I Believe!

#76 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:43 AM

edler played sooooo much better tonight. great to hear positive motivation/emotion from an ex-coach.....even though i'm sure edler did not.

edit:
this might also explain the soft spot for vancouver.
Posted Image

Edited by MC Fatigue, 19 April 2012 - 12:47 AM.

" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#77 BigUncle16

BigUncle16

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:46 AM

edler apparently has lapped up the motivation from crow. played sooooo much better tonight. great to hear positive motivation/emotion from an ex-coach.....even though i'm sure edler did not.

What game were you watching? Apart from the goal he was an excrement on the ice. Again.
Posted Image

#78 PlanTheParade

PlanTheParade

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 237 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:49 AM

Crow was one stupid game away from keeping his job but his team blew it up for him. That was an absolute embarrassment for that entire veteran group to lose the last game of the season that was meaningless. TBH that team probably overachieved and Crow just so happened to be the fall guy for missing the playoffs.

He's more suitable than MacT, but I'm not sure if I'd want either next year if AV gets canned.

#79 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 12:58 AM

What game were you watching? Apart from the goal he was an excrement on the ice. Again.

sarcasm? I guess the 5 'o's in sooooo threw you off. my bad.

Edited by MC Fatigue, 19 April 2012 - 12:59 AM.

" I don't understand, can somebody tell me what's going on? Why is there a drunk Chinese man doing push-ups on my front lawn?......and why's he wearing lipstick??"

#80 cool story bro

cool story bro

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 624 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:07 AM

NO, not here please....there's a reason he's been let go from the last three teams he's coached....can't make it in the p/o's.

Nice comment he made about Edler, though.

He won a Cup. He can make it in the playoffs. Especially with the team we have now.
Posted Image

#81 BigUncle16

BigUncle16

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:19 AM

sarcasm? I guess the 5 'o's in sooooo threw you off. my bad.

My bad. My sarcasm detector is in for repairs after the game.. :bigblush:
Posted Image

#82 Milk Hot Dog

Milk Hot Dog

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:22 AM

That quote makes my eyes misty. Eagle was a thing of beauty on the PP tonight. IT WORKED!
Nobody beats our Canucks' meat !

I don't typically make New Year's Resolutions, but the one thing I want to accomplish in 2012, aka the year of the MILK HOT DOG, is to ARREST SOMEONE. - Kevin WOLVERINE Bieksa (BEE-ecks-ah)

#83 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,742 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:26 AM

He called it :towel:

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#84 MC Fatigue

MC Fatigue

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,568 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:43 AM

My bad. My sarcasm detector is in for repairs after the game.. :bigblush:

yeah, me too...in fact i'm toally thrown off now! after all the doom and gloom and my 'buddy' the flamers fan ribbing me all day hopefully I can return to normal tomorrow. lol
+1

#85 Canuckin'-Chong

Canuckin'-Chong

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:02 AM

http://youtu.be/DjCd76W0Gfs

wow. this got me laughing so hard.

#86 Sea2Sky Country

Sea2Sky Country

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,084 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:28 AM

the Crow's still got the best/weirdest hair in the coaching game! and it looks like he's got a nice rapport with the players, Burr does a hilarious impression of him @ 1:13 in this interview on After Hours

#87 Cristalinastar

Cristalinastar

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 411 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:34 AM

There is no doubt he wants to be back coaching and would relish having the Nucks back.

Maybe im nostalgic, but id love to have crawford or quinn back. AV doesnt seem to be bringing out the best in this team this season

16 WINS-its the beauty way to go!

Posted Image

credit to canazzy

#88 Canouver

Canouver

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:53 AM

well he played better tonight.

#89 Canouver

Canouver

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,022 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 02:55 AM

#90 BigUncle16

BigUncle16

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,148 posts

Posted 19 April 2012 - 01:16 PM

Bring back Fat Quinn!!
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.