The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raffi Torres- Still Playing For Vancouver

jonnycanuck46

Props to Raffi for taking out the Hawks top scorer, Marian Hossa. Didn't like the hit, but lets be honest, I didn't like the Keith on Sedin hit either.

So Keith takes out Daniel, giving us major problems, and now Torres, who played for us took out Hossa, their leading scorer, in Pheonix's series against the Hawks. I know he's on another team, but its fitting that HE would be the one to knock Hossa's teeth through the back of his skull. And considering Hossa's their leading goal scorer, and Sedin was ours. Eye for an eye?

All in all, this is the justice I was waiting for. None of this 5-game crap, but now justice has been served. Although it wasn't Keith to be taken out, it was Hossa who is more valuable anyway. Maybe now the Hawks will feel it a little bit more. For the first time since the Sedin hit, I feel genuinely content with the result.

Way to go, Raffi! But still, get well soon, Marian Hossa.

**Edit: Geez, you guys sound like a mother after her kid bruised his knee! For the record, I DO NOT celebrate in the Hossa injury, I do however, not give a CRAP about the Hawks tears. Jonathan Toews and Dave Bolland can cry all night if they so choose. They are a dirty, classless team, and WHILE I AM TOTALLY UNHAPPY that Hossa is out, I am at least grateful that the Hawks are feeling the sting of losing a top guy. stop thinking the worst of this post, ok? I'm not some sort of freaky headhunter lol

Yes, Torres plays for the Coyotes now, but you know he still hates Chicago. Remember last year?

While the play happened so fast that you know Torres wasn't thinking about Daniel when he destroyed Hossa, it is sweet in a frontier justice kind of way.

I for one don't really have a problem with the hit and I have no sympathy for Chicago. They made their own bed and they can lie in it. Keith targeted our star scorer with a premeditated, dirty, cheap-ass elbow. So, Hossa got destroyed because he had his head down. Boo freakin' Hoo!

I have way more of an issue with Weber on Zetterberg. Brown's hit, and to a certain extent Torres' hit, were hard, hard, cleanish bodychecks. There is plenty of garbage happening in these playoffs that should be addressed before bodychecking.

Yes, Torres plays for the Coyotes now, but you know he still hates Chicago. Remember last year?

While the play happened so fast that you know Torres wasn't thinking about Daniel when he destroyed Hossa, it is sweet in a frontier justice kind of way.

I for one don't really have a problem with the hit and I have no sympathy for Chicago. They made their own bed and they can lie in it. Keith targeted our star scorer with a premeditated, dirty, cheap-ass elbow. So, Hossa got destroyed because he had his head down. Boo freakin' Hoo!

I have way more of an issue with Weber on Zetterberg. Brown's hit, and to a certain extent Torres' hit, were hard, hard, cleanish bodychecks. There is plenty of garbage happening in these playoffs that should be addressed before bodychecking.

Archived