Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

Raffi Torres- Still Playing For Vancouver

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
107 replies to this topic

#1 jonnycanuck46

jonnycanuck46

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:50 AM

Props to Raffi for taking out the Hawks top scorer, Marian Hossa. Didn't like the hit, but lets be honest, I didn't like the Keith on Sedin hit either.

So Keith takes out Daniel, giving us major problems, and now Torres, who played for us took out Hossa, their leading scorer, in Pheonix's series against the Hawks. I know he's on another team, but its fitting that HE would be the one to knock Hossa's teeth through the back of his skull. And considering Hossa's their leading goal scorer, and Sedin was ours. Eye for an eye?

All in all, this is the justice I was waiting for. None of this 5-game crap, but now justice has been served. Although it wasn't Keith to be taken out, it was Hossa who is more valuable anyway. Maybe now the Hawks will feel it a little bit more. For the first time since the Sedin hit, I feel genuinely content with the result.

Way to go, Raffi! But still, get well soon, Marian Hossa.

**Edit: Geez, you guys sound like a mother after her kid bruised his knee! For the record, I DO NOT celebrate in the Hossa injury, I do however, not give a CRAP about the Hawks tears. Jonathan Toews and Dave Bolland can cry all night if they so choose. They are a dirty, classless team, and WHILE I AM TOTALLY UNHAPPY that Hossa is out, I am at least grateful that the Hawks are feeling the sting of losing a top guy. stop thinking the worst of this post, ok? I'm not some sort of freaky headhunter lol

Edited by jonnycanuck46, 18 April 2012 - 11:25 AM.

Posted Image

Ephesians 2:7-9

"That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

#2 'NucK™

'NucK™

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

1. not Canucks talk
2. what the hell is wrong with you?
Posted Image

#3 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:51 AM

Justice is served if Keith is taken out, not Hossa who did nothing wrong.

#4 Teemu Selänne

Teemu Selänne

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,250 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:52 AM

What the f*ck? Are you serious?

And no, Torres doesn't play for the Canucks. It isn't an eye-for-an-eye. Torres plays for Phoenix.

#5 Deets

Deets

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:56 AM

You're a real dumbass. I hope someone knocks you out.

Edited by Deets, 18 April 2012 - 10:56 AM.

#6 snucks

snucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,839 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:57 AM

Hossa was released from the hospital so I guess the check was just a hockey play.

#7 goalie13

goalie13

Osgoodian One

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,315 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 10:59 AM

So let me get this straight, Torres (who has a history of this kind of thing) lined up Hossa to get even for Sedin even though he's playing for a different team now?

If that's the case, why didn't he go after Keith?
Posted Image

#8 Mad Cow Disease

Mad Cow Disease

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 816 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:00 AM

Hossa was released from the hospital so I guess the check was just a hockey play.

Not necessarily, whether the hit is a hockey play or not isn't completely determined by the outcome of the hit. It was a charge and Hossa didn't have the puck when Torres threw the hit so it may be suspendable.

OP, you're horrible.

#9 Li'l Fra

Li'l Fra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,721 posts

Yes, Torres plays for the Coyotes now, but you know he still hates Chicago. Remember last year?

While the play happened so fast that you know Torres wasn't thinking about Daniel when he destroyed Hossa, it is sweet in a frontier justice kind of way.

I for one don't really have a problem with the hit and I have no sympathy for Chicago. They made their own bed and they can lie in it. Keith targeted our star scorer with a premeditated, dirty, cheap-ass elbow. So, Hossa got destroyed because he had his head down. Boo freakin' Hoo!

I have way more of an issue with Weber on Zetterberg. Brown's hit, and to a certain extent Torres' hit, were hard, hard, cleanish bodychecks. There is plenty of garbage happening in these playoffs that should be addressed before bodychecking.

#10 Milk Hot Dog

Milk Hot Dog

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 719 posts

Tsk tsk tsk.... :sadno:
Nobody beats our Canucks' meat !

I don't typically make New Year's Resolutions, but the one thing I want to accomplish in 2012, aka the year of the MILK HOT DOG, is to ARREST SOMEONE. - Kevin WOLVERINE Bieksa (BEE-ecks-ah)

#11 CanucksStanleyCup

CanucksStanleyCup

K-Wing Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:01 AM

I dont see anything wrong with that hit, thats just playoff intensity right there.

#12 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,350 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:02 AM

What an awful thread and this is a prime example as to why we need the minus button back.
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#13 JustJokinen!

JustJokinen!

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

Classy thread.

Wishing injury on players is cool.

#14 thundernuts

thundernuts

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,353 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:04 AM

This type of logic does not speak well for the future of our species.

TRB-Thunder-Nuts-Logos.jpg

#15 The Situation

The Situation

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,698 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:05 AM

And you wonder why Canucks fans are so hated. Defending the Bertuzzi shot on Moore and now this.
Posted Image

#16 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 24,887 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:05 AM

This thread is only cool if the hit was on Keith. I feel bad for Hossa and wish him a speedy recovery.

seU9GBs.gif

#17 jonnycanuck46

jonnycanuck46

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:06 AM

Yes, Torres plays for the Coyotes now, but you know he still hates Chicago. Remember last year?

While the play happened so fast that you know Torres wasn't thinking about Daniel when he destroyed Hossa, it is sweet in a frontier justice kind of way.

I for one don't really have a problem with the hit and I have no sympathy for Chicago. They made their own bed and they can lie in it. Keith targeted our star scorer with a premeditated, dirty, cheap-ass elbow. So, Hossa got destroyed because he had his head down. Boo freakin' Hoo!

I have way more of an issue with Weber on Zetterberg. Brown's hit, and to a certain extent Torres' hit, were hard, hard, cleanish bodychecks. There is plenty of garbage happening in these playoffs that should be addressed before bodychecking.

Exactly. I'm having trouble understanding why people are so pissed off at this topic, I thought they'd be pretty stoked about it
Posted Image

"That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

#18 bolt

bolt

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 523 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:07 AM

should have re-signed him!!!!!

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Higgins Kesler Samuelsson
Torres Lapierre Kassian
Raymond Pahlsson Hansen

way better then the current roster

Edited by bolt, 18 April 2012 - 11:08 AM.

#19 NUCKS4CUP 28

NUCKS4CUP 28

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,350 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:09 AM

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Torres Lapierre Kassian
Raymond Pahlsson Hansen

Move Lappy and Pahlly around and that's a great bottom 6.
Posted Image

Believe in bLUOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

#20 Stark

Stark

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,012 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

SMH. Come on, seriously OP?
Posted Image

R.I.P. LB RR PD

#21 JustJokinen!

JustJokinen!

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,099 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:10 AM

Exactly. I'm having trouble understanding why people are so pissed off at this topic, I thought they'd be pretty stoked about it

Really?

You don't understand why people are disagreeing with you celebrating the hit on a clean hockey player being sent to the hospital?

#22 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:11 AM

This type of logic does not speak well for the future of our species.

Well, hopefully the OP won't reproduce. Although with his (limited) IQ he'll probably father 5 or 6 kids with 4 different welfare mothers.

#23 puckluv

puckluv

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:12 AM

also, chicago had a hard hit on phoenix goalie, so... it wasn't totally out of the blue for torres to give them something to think about.

i personally wish this kinda thing didn't exist in the game, because it takes away from talking about the game, special teams strategy, etc... and focuses on lowest common denominator/ primal stuff.

Always turn a negative situation into a positive situation. Michael Jordon

#24 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:13 AM

Sedin Sedin Burrows
Torres Lapierre Kassian
Raymond Pahlsson Hansen

So you're assuming that had we re-signed Torres the Booth trade wouldn't of happened?  If that didn't happen, why would you assume the trades to get Kassian and Pahlsson would have happened?  Moron.

Edited by dorrcoq, 18 April 2012 - 11:14 AM.

#25 topbananas

topbananas

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,686 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

And you wonder why Canucks fans are so hated. Defending the Bertuzzi shot on Moore and now this.

who the f**k cares who likes us or doesnt? I am getting sick of all this fuss about being liked or not.

I remember at school the popularity contest and thought it was immature then.

f**k them, f**k them all

GO CANUCKS GO

oh and for the record, anyone who takes out a hawk or a bruin is good enough for me
stan smyl 2.0

Posted Yesterday, 09:07 AM

It's not 7.5 per year, Kesler's at 5 million and Malhotra's at 2.5 million

#26 jonnycanuck46

jonnycanuck46

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:14 AM

Really?

You don't understand why people are disagreeing with you celebrating the hit on a clean hockey player being sent to the hospital?

So Sedin isn't a clean hockey player? Sorry, but I have no sympathy for the Hawks. As I said IN MY POST, I really wish it wasn't Hossa, and I wish him a speedy recovery, but I at least feel like justice has been served. After all, it wasn't Lapierre than Keith hit was it? Any remorse from the Hawks? I think not.
Posted Image

#27 jonnycanuck46

jonnycanuck46

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:15 AM

who the f**k cares who likes us or doesnt? I am getting sick of all this fuss about being liked or not.

I remember at school the popularity contest and thought it was immature then.

f**k them, f**k them all

GO CANUCKS GO

oh and for the record, anyone who takes out a hawk or a bruin is good enough for me

AMEN PLUS A MILLION
Posted Image

#28 Toni Zamboni

Toni Zamboni

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,203 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:16 AM

teenagers should only be able to read topics, not start them. :sadno:

You can view all of my CDC artwork in this thread:

http://forum.canucks...f-toni-zamboni/

Follow me on Twitter:  @Toni_Zamboni

#29 jonnycanuck46

jonnycanuck46

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

Well, hopefully the OP won't reproduce. Although with his (limited) IQ he'll probably father 5 or 6 kids with 4 different welfare mothers.

Because I make a thread on CDC about a hockey hit. Ok there smartass. Just to let you know, I'm an honours student @ SFU. I wouldn't touch a welfare female unless she didn't deserve to be there, in which case I would "rescue" her and give her (and her only) a better quality of life
Posted Image

#30 RXnucks975

RXnucks975

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 194 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:17 AM

I'm from Portland Oregon and remember when Hossa and Brendan Morrow were with the Winterhawks and won the junior champs when I was a kid. I've been a huge Hossa fan ever sense, and while I would say that the blackhawks are my second to least favorite team ( F@#$ing Bruins) I don't want to see a stand up player like Hossa, who has never played a dirty game through out his pro and amateur career, get leveled by a cheap shot to the head

Edited by RXnucks975, 18 April 2012 - 11:19 AM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.