The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raffi Torres- Still Playing For Vancouver

jonnycanuck46

OP, you'd be ok with a Kings player knocking out a Canuck player for the hit Bitz gave Clifford right?

I mean it's karma and well deserved, right?

Threads like these really showcase the low end of human intelligence.

FINALLY A OP WHO ISN'T A HOMER. +1190289184908190789357891 to the OP. Respect! Torres obviously has an attachment to the team, as HE DID play for us. And so he didn't have a lineup at Keith, so he took Hossa. Who cares. Nobody deserves to be injured but if someone is going to be, why not take out the star player? Why did Keith take out Danny? HE'S OUR NUMBER 1... Why not Malhotra/anyone else? Common sense (which the OP has by the way, morons) people.

I am not sure it is directly related. You always want to play your best for your current team. However it won't surprise me that Torres still bear some of that hatred against the Hawks from last year, and it carry forward to this year.

I will just say that Karma can be a b****. Sometimes when officials and the suspensions fail, street justice takes care of itself.

hate to say "i told you so", when canucks fans wanted our players to get kieth.

the rest of the league took note. the hawks have been on the hit list ever since.

yes there is a code in hockey. the refs are not able to control the game, so the players will.

the worst thing that can happen from this is an over reaction from shannahan.

Do you bother watching the games? He was unhappy with a hit laid on him by the sedins. So therefore it is pretty logical that is who he went after. It was stupid and he should have had a LONG suspension as that has no place in the game. This hit by Torres was every bit as bad and ugly.

BHawks21 you are in the wrong place if you're looking for Blackhawk love. We all know what a bunch of punks your team has. If your Norris trophy winning Dman is going to take out Dan Sedin with the cheapest elbow shot of the year, why come here expecting us to feel sorry for Hossa.

I for one have always liked Hossa, but felt not an ounce of remorse watching him get creamed by Torres.

You have your cup, and it wasn't by playing nice, now go whine somewhere else. Maybe the folks on the Coyotes website would enjoy your insights? Oh, yeah your cheap ass team ran their goalie. I guess you'll just have to suck it up, princess.

well I agree that wishing injury on anyone especially a classy player like Hossa is horrible.

the reaction to this thread just shows the canucks fans are much more classy than blackhawks fans. when duncan keith received his suspension all the blackhawks threads were cheering it on saying it was totally worth it.

Good show Canuck fans, stay classsy. :) Never sink to their level.

Oh my god. Maybe I am a terrible person, but then what does that make Duncan Keith?

Bottom line. The Hawks ran the Yotes goalie. What did you think was going to happen? At least Torres paid Chicago back with a hit that would have been legal 3 year ago.

When Torres is on the ice you better keep your head up.

Thats fine. I have more respect on these boards from some of the more active regulars then you obviously do judging by the reaction to your thread. So clearly not all that worried about that. You disgrace your fanbase.

Archived