The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raffi Torres- Still Playing For Vancouver

jonnycanuck46

BHawks21 you are in the wrong place if you're looking for Blackhawk love. We all know what a bunch of punks your team has. If your Norris trophy winning Dman is going to take out Dan Sedin with the cheapest elbow shot of the year, why come here expecting us to feel sorry for Hossa.

I for one have always liked Hossa, but felt not an ounce of remorse watching him get creamed by Torres.

You have your cup, and it wasn't by playing nice, now go whine somewhere else. Maybe the folks on the Coyotes website would enjoy your insights? Oh, yeah your cheap ass team ran their goalie. I guess you'll just have to suck it up, princess.

I still maintain the hit was clean. Yes he came off the ice, but barely . He didnt hit his head, he hit his shoulders, you can clearly

see Hossas head. Hossa was injured when he fell to the ice and snapped his head back.

Its not about Hossa/Keith/Torres/Sedin.

Its about Karma.

These playoffs have all around been noticably dirtier than years and years previous. Some are saying that the no-suspension call on Weber set the tone and we're seeing the reprecussions now with injuries and how many suspensions are we at? 7? 8? In the first round?

I have another theory, feel free to disagree.

All this physicality and dirty play comes on the tails of a goon hockey team, the Boston Bruins, winning the cup in this style last year. I'm not saying our play was all clean last year. But the Bruins were a physical, fighting, jawing, checking after the whistle team last year. Thoughts?

Just have to chime in here, I'm more or less completely on your side in this one too. While I don't think as many Hawks fans were as mad about the Keith hit as you say, the fact that you can see how Canuck fans wouldn't feel the least bit angry if last night's hit happened to Keith at least proves to me that you can take the homer glasses off. I personally wish Hossa the speediest of recoveries. As I've said a few times in this thread a guy like Hossa being dragged into this farce of cheap shots is sad.

I'm assuming johnnycanuck posted the Brown hit on Sedin, so I'll suggest looking up Kyle Clifford on Chris Tanev. I'd link it myself but I'm on the ferry and youtube is blocked. In this example justice was served, Clifford (not any of the Kings stars) has had a bad hit coming his way for a while.

Clean hit, good hit, hope Hossa is ok, wow same as the thoughts I had when I watched it live yesterday...

What we ve been missing for about ten years is the real rough stuff, and no calls on it, and much like the Rome hit, this one was also clean. Leave it to a bunch of kids raised in a overly protective society to think otherwise, pfft. And lol...

LOL I'm on record on these very boards saying how terrible of a play that was when Dunc went after Sedin. My opinion of Keith has drastically changed since the incident. When he hit Cooke I let it slide because of the face that Cooke is just a real piece of work and I thought he probably provoked it. That being said I'm not much of a Keith fan anymore. I have a hard time having respect for players that aim upstairs. Torres won't be skating anytime soon and it is very much deserved.

FYI I'm not one that thinks Shaw RAN Smith. That at least was a hockey play and he was trying to get at the puck and attempted to skate by smith along the boards. Penalty on the play absolutely. 3 Game suspension worthy? No.

The Angel on my left shoulder says "How can you say something like that? You should never cheer the injury of another player no matter what the circumstance. You should be ashamed of yourself!"

The Devil on my right shoulder says "F*ck yeah!!!"

I agree with you. I was shocked and apalled with how many Chicago fans (Granted most were of the bandwagon variety) were not against the Keith hit. Stupid play and beyond dirty. I have lost all respect for Keith. My keith sweater won't be worn again. It's to bad he was one of my favorite hawks before that.

Clean hit, good hit, hope Hossa is ok, wow same as the thoughts I had when I watched it live yesterday...

What we ve been missing for about ten years is the real rough stuff, and no calls on it, and much like the Rome hit, this one was also clean. Leave it to a bunch of kids raised in a overly protective society to think otherwise, pfft. And lol...

I still can't understand why these borderline bodychecks get the most negative attention. Yes, they are devastating, but more so than the cheap shots that are so abundant these days?

I have a hard time seeing Torres, or Rome last year for that matter, as the "worst and dirtiest player" in the NHL. A guy who misses a bodycheck by .3 seconds is somehow worse and more evil than a guy who runs another players head into the glass on purpose?

Where is the sanity?

Bure was standing up for himself, you may want to go back farther than 20 years, 1 day, 16 hours and 1 minute, try going back a little farther, and oh, right, one of the smallest guys in the NHL almost gets his head taken off by an elbow and the reaction isn't justified? Go work for Fox!

Edit: Seriously lateralus, I thought you were smarter than that; are you a fan of the band that the album title suggests or do you just emulate their name?

Archived