The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Raffi Torres- Still Playing For Vancouver

jonnycanuck46

also, chicago had a hard hit on phoenix goalie, so... it wasn't totally out of the blue for torres to give them something to think about.

i personally wish this kinda thing didn't exist in the game, because it takes away from talking about the game, special teams strategy, etc... and focuses on lowest common denominator/ primal stuff.

who the f**k cares who likes us or doesnt? I am getting sick of all this fuss about being liked or not.

I remember at school the popularity contest and thought it was immature then.

f**k them, f**k them all

GO CANUCKS GO

oh and for the record, anyone who takes out a hawk or a bruin is good enough for me

I'm from Portland Oregon and remember when Hossa and Brendan Morrow were with the Winterhawks and won the junior champs when I was a kid. I've been a huge Hossa fan ever sense, and while I would say that the blackhawks are my second to least favorite team ( F@#$ing Bruins) I don't want to see a stand up player like Hossa, who has never played a dirty game through out his pro and amateur career, get leveled by a cheap shot to the head

So Sedin isn't a clean hockey player? Sorry, but I have no sympathy for the Hawks. As I said IN MY POST, I really wish it wasn't Hossa, and I wish him a speedy recovery, but I at least feel like justice has been served. After all, it wasn't Lapierre than Keith hit was it? Any remorse from the Hawks? I think not.

I'm stuck at a crossroads here. Hossa was a pretty clean and respectable player and so was Keith before his incident. Now, I have no control whether or not Hossa got hurt, but I'll say that (honesty) I'm not very sad about the hit. I do wish Hossa the best and hope he completely recovers as concussions are pretty terrible things (see Daniel, headaches, sadness..etc). Hossa didn't really deserve it, but by God, Keith does.

But there's a difference between hatred for the Hawks and celebrating the elimination of Hossa. I am enjoying every minute of Blackhawk fans/Joel Quenville rage over this incident as the fans, team and Q all deserve it, but Hossa himself doesn't. I realize you're saying that much, but this a solution that requires an eye for an eye.

The talk in LA is that they are out to lay a hit on Daniel like Brown did on Henrik. I hope the Canucks go headhunting too.....keep your head up Doughty and Kopitar.

I don't want to see anyone get a concussion like Daniel but it really seems that it is open season on stars this playoffs......you have to play the same way if you want to advance.

I wish that Torres was still a Canuck more than ever now.

Yes, Torres plays for the Coyotes now, but you know he still hates Chicago. Remember last year?

While the play happened so fast that you know Torres wasn't thinking about Daniel when he destroyed Hossa, it is sweet in a frontier justice kind of way.

I for one don't really have a problem with the hit and I have no sympathy for Chicago. They made their own bed and they can lie in it. Keith targeted our star scorer with a premeditated, dirty, cheap-ass elbow. So, Hossa got destroyed because he had his head down. Boo freakin' Hoo!

I have way more of an issue with Weber on Zetterberg. Brown's hit, and to a certain extent Torres' hit, were hard, hard, cleanish bodychecks. There is plenty of garbage happening in these playoffs that should be addressed before bodychecking.

I think Torres really liked it playin for Vancouver. Its unbelievable that Gillis didn't sign him again. That alone could have demoralised the team somewhat. I like Torres, he is more than a hitter, he can score and is a team guy. Which we had him now don't we Gillis?

Archived