Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 4 votes

Raffi Torres- Still Playing For Vancouver

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
107 replies to this topic

#31 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,084 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

So Sedin isn't a clean hockey player? Sorry, but I have no sympathy for the Hawks. As I said IN MY POST, I really wish it wasn't Hossa, and I wish him a speedy recovery, but I at least feel like justice has been served. After all, it wasn't Lapierre than Keith hit was it? Any remorse from the Hawks? I think not.

But there's a difference between hatred for the Hawks and celebrating the elimination of Hossa. I am enjoying every minute of Blackhawk fans/Joel Quenville rage over this incident as the fans, team and Q all deserve it, but Hossa himself doesn't. I realize you're saying that much, but an "eye for an eye" just doesn't seem right here. I'll say it again, if this happened to Keith, I wouldn't feel bad in the least bit, but Hossa is one of the few Blackhawks I respect.

Edited by drdeath, 18 April 2012 - 11:20 AM.

aXmDa9t.gif

#32 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:18 AM

I'm stuck at a crossroads here. Hossa was a pretty clean and respectable player and so was Keith before his incident. Now, I have no control whether or not Hossa got hurt, but I'll say that (honesty) I'm not very sad about the hit. I do wish Hossa the best and hope he completely recovers as concussions are pretty terrible things (see Daniel, headaches, sadness..etc). Hossa didn't really deserve it, but by God, Keith does.

Edited by hyZar, 18 April 2012 - 11:19 AM.

#33 jonnycanuck46

jonnycanuck46

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:20 AM

But there's a difference between hatred for the Hawks and celebrating the elimination of Hossa. I am enjoying every minute of Blackhawk fans/Joel Quenville rage over this incident as the fans, team and Q all deserve it, but Hossa himself doesn't. I realize you're saying that much, but this a solution that requires an eye for an eye.

Yea, but I didn't celebrate the elimination of Hossa.
Posted Image

Ephesians 2:7-9

"That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

#34 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

The talk in LA is that they are out to lay a hit on Daniel like Brown did on Henrik. I hope the Canucks go headhunting too.....keep your head up Doughty and Kopitar.
I don't want to see anyone get a concussion like Daniel but it really seems that it is open season on stars this playoffs......you have to play the same way if you want to advance.
I wish that Torres was still a Canuck more than ever now.

Edited by bluesman60, 18 April 2012 - 11:25 AM.

#35 TotesMagotes

TotesMagotes

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,273 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:21 AM

Absolutely classless and disgusting post.
Posted Image

#36 kchengc

kchengc

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,301 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:22 AM

he didn't take out keith...

#37 RIPRYP

RIPRYP

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 246 posts

Yes, Torres plays for the Coyotes now, but you know he still hates Chicago. Remember last year?

While the play happened so fast that you know Torres wasn't thinking about Daniel when he destroyed Hossa, it is sweet in a frontier justice kind of way.

I for one don't really have a problem with the hit and I have no sympathy for Chicago. They made their own bed and they can lie in it. Keith targeted our star scorer with a premeditated, dirty, cheap-ass elbow. So, Hossa got destroyed because he had his head down. Boo freakin' Hoo!

I have way more of an issue with Weber on Zetterberg. Brown's hit, and to a certain extent Torres' hit, were hard, hard, cleanish bodychecks. There is plenty of garbage happening in these playoffs that should be addressed before bodychecking.

FINALLY A OP WHO ISN'T A HOMER. +1190289184908190789357891 to the OP. Respect! Torres obviously has an attachment to the team, as HE DID play for us. And so he didn't have a lineup at Keith, so he took Hossa. Who cares. Nobody deserves to be injured but if someone is going to be, why not take out the star player? Why did Keith take out Danny? HE'S OUR NUMBER 1... Why not Malhotra/anyone else? Common sense (which the OP has by the way, morons) people.

RIP to the BEST pound for pound fighter the NHL has ever seen. Will be missed.

#38 snucks

snucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,701 posts

I think Torres really liked it playin for Vancouver. Its unbelievable that Gillis didn't sign him again. That alone could have demoralised the team somewhat. I like Torres, he is more than a hitter, he can score and is a team guy. Which we had him now don't we Gillis?

#39 JustJokinen!

JustJokinen!

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,099 posts

Props to Raffi for taking out the Hawks top scorer, Marian Hossa.

#40 drdeath

drdeath

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,084 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:23 AM

Others seem to think you are, and you referenced it as a fair punishment for the Daniel hit. Which it really, really isn't. I understand the logic of best player for best player but dragging another clean player into this mess the NHL has created just doesn't seem worth it.

aXmDa9t.gif

#41 snucks

snucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:24 AM

I'm stuck at a crossroads here. Hossa was a pretty clean and respectable player and so was Keith before his incident. Now, I have no control whether or not Hossa got hurt, but I'll say that (honesty) I'm not very sad about the hit. I do wish Hossa the best and hope he completely recovers as concussions are pretty terrible things (see Daniel, headaches, sadness..etc). Hossa didn't really deserve it, but by God, Keith does.

Hossa was released from hospital so how bad was it?

#42 jonnycanuck46

jonnycanuck46

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

FINALLY A OP WHO ISN'T A HOMER. +1190289184908190789357891 to the OP. Respect! Torres obviously has an attachment to the team, as HE DID play for us. And so he didn't have a lineup at Keith, so he took Hossa. Who cares. Nobody deserves to be injured but if someone is going to be, why not take out the star player? Why did Keith take out Danny? HE'S OUR NUMBER 1... Why not Malhotra/anyone else? Common sense (which the OP has by the way, morons) people.

Finally somebody who realizes what I'm getting at, here. I'm sick of all this "feelings hurt" crap. If someone takes out our guy, you damn well better believe I'm happy that one of their guys is out too.
Posted Image

"That in the ages to come he might show the exceeding riches of his grace in his kindness toward us through Christ Jesus.
For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God: Not of works, lest any man should boast."

#43 jonnycanuck46

jonnycanuck46

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:30 AM

Others seem to think you are, and you referenced it as a fair punishment for the Daniel hit. Which it really, really isn't. I understand the logic of best player for best player but dragging another clean player into this mess the NHL has created just doesn't seem worth it.

I don't care what others think. They aren't following what I'm saying here. I'm sorry to offend all you Hawks fans, but as I said before, I am not happy it was Hossa, but I am happy it was SOMEBODY
Posted Image

#44 crosbyheadshot

crosbyheadshot

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 131 posts

Loved it! "F" Chicago!!

#45 Merci

Merci

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,320 posts

Hope phoenix beats them in 5.

Keslerific, on 25 May 2014 - 4:47 PM, said:

Gaunce is wayy cooler though, Gaunce is the kind of guy you want to bring with you to Costco

vPTJpcO.jpg

#46 lateralus

lateralus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,999 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:31 AM

OP, you'd be ok with a Kings player knocking out a Canuck player for the hit Bitz gave Clifford right?

I mean it's karma and well deserved, right?

Threads like these really showcase the low end of human intelligence.
CDC is a reflection of society.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#47 jonnycanuck46

jonnycanuck46

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:33 AM

OP, you'd be ok with a Kings player knocking out a Canuck player for the hit Bitz gave Clifford right?

I mean it's karma and well deserved, right?

Threads like these really showcase the low end of human intelligence.

Posted Image

#48 ChronCanuck

ChronCanuck

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 60 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:34 AM

Justice is served if Keith is taken out, not Hossa who did nothing wrong.

this is true but eye for an eye, our leading scorer was out, now hossa THEIR LEADING scorer is now out.

#49 snucks

snucks

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,701 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:34 AM

Eliminated, maybe not. He was released from the hospital after checking him out.

#50 Li'l Fra

Li'l Fra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,655 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:35 AM

Scott Stevens is in the Hockey Hall of Fame because of hits wayyyyy worse than this. With all the garbage being perpetrated in this league I can't understand why this hit is getting the most attention.

The league themselves stopped calling all those "blindside hit" penalties at the beginning of the year. They've let a ton of stuff slide backwards this year and we are seeing the results. Blaming Torres for playing on the edge seems a little "last year". Again, Raffi is touted as the most dangerous and dirty player in the league for what amounts to a devestating bodycheck.

Plenty of folks need to stop drinking the Spector Kool-ade and see this for what it is. Not the worst hit ever, not even in these playoffs, not by any stretch.

And as someone pointed out earlier, the Hawks ran the Yotes goalie. This is the least they could expect. The game hasn't come that far and it is going backwards. Hard to say who is to blame: the players, the refs, the coaches, the GMs, the bloodthirsty fans?

I like Hossa, but the Hawks can suck it. You play with fire, you get burned.

#51 Lundymaphone

Lundymaphone

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

So next time a woman cuts me off in traffic I am to find another female and run her off the road...interesting.

#52 lateralus

lateralus

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,999 posts

Why are you posting a clip of a clean hockey hit?

What the King should do is cheapshot either one of the Sedins, Kesler or Burrows.

Then the balance of karma is restored!!!! :rolleyes:
CDC is a reflection of society.

Posted ImagePosted Image

#53 bhawks21

bhawks21

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 258 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:37 AM

Yes, Torres plays for the Coyotes now, but you know he still hates Chicago. Remember last year?

While the play happened so fast that you know Torres wasn't thinking about Daniel when he destroyed Hossa, it is sweet in a frontier justice kind of way.

I for one don't really have a problem with the hit and I have no sympathy for Chicago. They made their own bed and they can lie in it. Keith targeted our star scorer with a premeditated, dirty, cheap-ass elbow. So, Hossa got destroyed because he had his head down. Boo freakin' Hoo!

I have way more of an issue with Weber on Zetterberg. Brown's hit, and to a certain extent Torres' hit, were hard, hard, cleanish bodychecks. There is plenty of garbage happening in these playoffs that should be addressed before bodychecking.

Pretty sure this makes you a terrible person. Real hockey fans in Chicago HATED the duncs hit on sedin. I was calling for Keith to be suspended for a long time. I would have been happy to have seen him have to sit through the first round of the playoffs. Dirty hits are terrible for our game and I just can't fathom why these guys do not have a single ounce of respect for their brothers in the hallowed fraternity that is the NHL. Nuck fans that wouldn't have minded Keith getting hit high and hard are actually kind of justified even though I disagree with them. But to celebrate a hit on Hossa who is universally respected around the league and is one of the classiest players in the game is just HORRIBLE. These hits have ZERO place in the game and just because they happen doesn't mean an eye for an eye system needs to happen. Jesus christ these hits have serious long term ramifications. People need to remember that. ESPECIALLY the players themselves.

#54 The Läck Ness Monster

The Läck Ness Monster

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 164 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:38 AM

Hossa, being the gentleman and world class player that he is, definitely didn't deserve this.

However, the Hawks fanbase definitely deserves to have their best player be out for the rest of the series. When people say Canucks fans are the worst in the league, I naturally assume that they haven't met a large number of Hawks fans. I go to college in Illinois, and most of the people I've talked to here about hockey "started watching the playoffs the year the Hawks won the cup". These are the same people that know mostly nothing about hockey and, when they see me in my Nucks jersey, only know how to say something along the lines of "hurr de durr two Sedins no Cup Borrows pulls hair Luongo chokes herp durppp!!". During the regular season, no one wears jerseys, bars are only a 1/3 full on game days, even for rivalry games like against the Wings or Canucks. But come playoff time? Alas! Hawks jerseys everywhere! The only satisfaction I get from this incident is hearing all the moaning and groaning from Hawks fans.

Edit: To the guy above me, you seem like one of the more educated Hawks fans, and I salute you for that. However, nothing is going to change my perception of the fanbase as a whole because the majority of your fanbase is rather embarassing to what it means to be a hockey fan.

Edited by Jumbotron92, 18 April 2012 - 11:41 AM.

#55 canidiot

canidiot

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:41 AM

So next time a woman cuts me off in traffic I am to find another female and run her off the road...interesting.

you scare me........please refrain from trying to draw paralells in the future.

#56 Gino Gino Gino

Gino Gino Gino

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 44 posts

well I agree that wishing injury on anyone especially a classy player like Hossa is horrible.
the reaction to this thread just shows the canucks fans are much more classy than blackhawks fans. when duncan keith received his suspension all the blackhawks threads were cheering it on saying it was totally worth it.
Good show Canuck fans, stay classsy. :) Never sink to their level.

#57 Li'l Fra

Li'l Fra

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,655 posts

Oh my god. Maybe I am a terrible person, but then what does that make Duncan Keith?

Bottom line. The Hawks ran the Yotes goalie. What did you think was going to happen? At least Torres paid Chicago back with a hit that would have been legal 3 year ago.

When Torres is on the ice you better keep your head up.

#58 MANGO

MANGO

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,230 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

I like Hossa he is a good guy........Kieth and Bolland, thats a different story. as long as some one else is doing it and not a Canuck. I don't really like to see players get injured, but this league needs to go back to 1970 rule book,.......... Honorable retribution.
Posted Image

formerly......puck n icehole

#59 Trelane42

Trelane42

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 435 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:42 AM

Miss Torres in a big way.

Clean hit. Or at least has been for the entire history of the NHL up until maybe 2 years ago. Scott Stevens is in the Hall of Fame precisely because of such work. Guy had the puck a split second before the hit and Torres goes in with shoulder all the way and with skate still on ice at the beginning of contact. Can't wait to hear the suspension justification when Shan "the Company man" comes calling. Hossa not seeing him is to be the standard now? Even when the guy comes in from your front 90 degree field of vision?

What has happened with "heads up" calls and guys heeding them and knowing intuitively when they were coming? Can't wait to see the next generation of players growing up skiing, riding bike, and heaven knows what less with with legally mandated helmeted noggins. You ain't seen nothing yet!

Playoffs is a war of attrition. Have people forgotten our infirmary roll calls of last year? If circumstances don't allow as to be neutral I want my team to be the doers not the "done to".

#60 jonnycanuck46

jonnycanuck46

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 714 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 11:43 AM

Pretty sure this makes you a terrible person. Real hockey fans in Chicago HATED the duncs hit on sedin. I was calling for Keith to be suspended for a long time. I would have been happy to have seen him have to sit through the first round of the playoffs. Dirty hits are terrible for our game and I just can't fathom why these guys do not have a single ounce of respect for their brothers in the hallowed fraternity that is the NHL. Nuck fans that wouldn't have minded Keith getting hit high and hard are actually kind of justified even though I disagree with them. But to celebrate a hit on Hossa who is universally respected around the league and is one of the classiest players in the game is just HORRIBLE. These hits have ZERO place in the game and just because they happen doesn't mean an eye for an eye system needs to happen. Jesus christ these hits have serious long term ramifications. People need to remember that. ESPECIALLY the players themselves.

What are you smoking?!! The Hawks fans were ROARING after the hit!!! And besides, Who EVEN CARES what their fans think?!!! Man you have no grasp on the situation AT ALL..Grow a pair and watch Daniel go down again!
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.