The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider Starting Game 4

jj99

I'm shocked by this. Not because it's a bad decision. We have 2 great goalies. More shocked because I had made the assumption Lou would stay at the end of the year, and Schneids would go.

I just don't see how you can possibly keep Lou around now. Very gutsy choice by A.V. But I do think that seals the fate of Lou in Vancouver. Too bad. I'm a big fan. Then again, I'm a big fan of Schneids too. Support the team and hope for the best. Go Canucks Go!

I agree with you and that's why I can't tell if tonight's decision is the right one or not.

When the reason we lost the first 3 games weren't goaltending, how can there be wrong or right choices? On top of that, as we all say all the time, we have two goaltenders that can win us tonight's game. I believe in both and I believe either can win us the game as long as we get some goal supports.

Another thought here is that AV has always been criticized for not being able to make a hard move, like pulling Lu in the finals when the team had shut down.

Now that he feels his job on the line he feels he has to show he's strong enough and in control to make a tough decision.

The only problem now is that he's overcompensating and too blind to see the gutsy / hard decision in this case is the wrong one.

Good riddance. Ill be glad when we don't have to worry about our coach getting outsmarted in meaningful games.

I still love lu, the return will be awesome, THANKS FOR ALL THE HARD WORK MAN. I know the fanbase treated you like crap and it really got to you after a few years. I HOPE you can win the cup with us this year, AND I HOPE a fresh start gets you back to your old playing level in a place like Tampa.

Forever a Canuck! Roberto Luongo.

Well, that's not enough for me to call this the "right" decision because there are also lots of examples where Luongo kept us in a game too.

I'm not saying this is a "wrong" decision either. I just feel this is one of those decisions that either will do. If the team wins the game tonight then AV will be a genius. If the team still flops, then well.. I don't know what will happen really. Maybe AV will fired? Who knows.

Another thought here is that AV has always been criticized for not being able to make a hard move, like pulling Lu in the finals when the team had shut down.

Now that he feels his job on the line he feels he has to show he's strong enough and in control to make a tough decision.

The only problem now is that he's overcompensating and too blind to see the gutsy / hard decision in this case is the wrong one.

Good riddance. Ill be glad when we don't have to worry about our coach getting outsmarted in meaningful games.

Sad day for Luo being forced to watch his upstart take his position.

Sad day for Gillis telling AV to start Schneids over Luo.

This is just a sad day for the Canucks organisation flip flopping into MG GM immaturity land.

Dear Luongo: You had some solid games in vancouver...you also had alot of weak games....the young gun behind you stole the show. If i could just ask for one last favour before you go.....Please don't put florida on your list, we have already picked them dry. I could see Nash/Parise/Lecaviler type player working here in vancouver.I don't blame you if you don't want to go to Columbus, but think of the fans! Best of luck next season.

Smart move. Keeps the heat off Lu cuz if we lose, can't blame him. We won't blame Schneid's and really the goaltending is equal. I think if it went into round 2 Schneids would start but if he had half a bad game Lu would start the next game. Really smart decision but I doubt we're keeping Schneids over Lu.

Archived