The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider Starting Game 4

jj99

Didnt expect Schneider starting.

However, at this point , it doesnt matter who starts. Statistically, Lu has let 7 goals in two games while Schneider (not facing tht many shots but making key saves) has only let in 1. Against a goalie like Quick where goals are hard to come by, I would feel better with Schneider who has a lower GAA.

But, the main problem is we cant score and we have had weak defence throughout the whole series. So regardless, need to score in order to win. We really suck against defensive teams. Time to bring in skill and pure goal scorers. Sad to see our skill traded for grit this season :( I honestly believe cody hodgson on the third would have been hard to stop and he was one of the few if only player on this team that was able to roof it with a wicked shot.

Didnt expect Schneider starting.

However, at this point , it doesnt matter who starts. Statistically, Lu has let 7 goals in two games while Schneider (not facing tht many shots but making key saves) has only let in 1. Against a goalie like Quick where goals are hard to come by, I would feel better with Schneider who has a lower GAA.

But, the main problem is we cant score and we have had weak defence throughout the whole series. So regardless, need to score in order to win. We really suck against defensive teams. Time to bring in skill and pure goal scorers. Sad to see our skill traded for grit this season :( I honestly believe cody hodgson on the third would have been hard to stop and he was one of the few if only player on this team that was able to roof it with a wicked shot.

Oh boy oh boy...is AV out of his mind? I know this is the correct decision, but you have to kind of look at the big picture. If we lose the game, what kind of message does that send about the direction of our future? It might just be the pessimist in me, but if we bow out tonight, it has to be with our #1 at the helm. One thing I can tell you though this is the right decision and AV has balls to be making it.

Gotta ride the hot goalie and Schneider is giving the team the best chance to win. This is no slight on Luongo at all (can't blame him for any loss) and I think CS will have a short leash in this game.

If (and a big one at that) we win this one, I think Luo will play game 5 back at Rogers Arena. If we make a comeback in this series, Luongo will start round 2.

This is a WIN WIN situation for Canucks management.....boy did they play their cards right

If we win tonite, it was a great decision as we are now in it

If we lose with Schneider in net, a lot of idiots will be calling for his head giving the organisation an out to trading him without taking much heat.......

Well played.........

Gotta ride the hot goalie and Schneider is giving the team the best chance to win. This is no slight on Luongo at all (can't blame him for any loss) and I think CS will have a short leash in this game.

If (and a big one at that) we win this one, I think Luo will play game 5 back at Rogers Arena.

Both goalies have been great but not stellar. Neither have been able to steal us games in this series...in that sense I don't know how fair it is to start Schneids over Lu...and for your last comment...if Schneides wins the game there is NO WAY Lu will start the other game. It'll be a "win and you're in" mentality for AV.

This is a WIN WIN situation for Canucks management.....boy did they play their cards right

If we win tonite, it was a great decision as we are now in it

If we lose with Schneider in net, a lot of idiots will be calling for his head giving the organisation an out to trading him without taking much heat.......

Well played.........

If (and a big one at that) we win this one, I think Luo will play game 5 back at Rogers Arena. If we make a comeback in this series, Luongo will start round 2.

Honestly, I don't think this tells us anything about what happens in the summer. Yes it's a big elimination game but we're in a 3 game whole, nobody really expects us to get out of it so I don't think it's the same as starting Schneider if we're down 3-2 or tied 3-3 or something. I think that AV and the team feel that both goalies give them an equally good chance to win and starting Schneider takes some of the heat off of Luongo if the Canucks lose. Maybe Luongo will be upset and want a trade, but maybe we lose and Luongo appreciates not taking all the criticism that we all know he would get whether he deserves it or not. Basically, goaltending has not been the problem and either one would give us a good chance. Whether we win or lose will depend on how the rest of the team plays tonight.

Archived