The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider Starting Game 4

jj99

I heard someone say Schneider is the right choice because he's better in these situations...? Uh Schneider has never BEEN in this situation before, he has never played in an elimination game.

We'll just have to wait and see

The team always play better in front of Schneider because he seldom gives up so many juicy rebounds by Luongo which lead to secondary and tertiary scoring opportunities. And you will never play well in front of Luongo when in the back of your mind, you never know when is he going to give up the next backbreaking softies. Think about how many goals this guy had given up with shots from behind the goal line in the past playoffs.

Luongo did not play well in the two games he played. He opened up his big five hole for Richard's 5 on 3 goal. Brown's breakaway was a sure goal because he had been beaten by the same move hundred of times and I knew exactly what Brown was going to do watching the game. Pucks will always leak into the net through the Luongo holes when goal crease scrambles last more than a few seconds as in the third goal game 2. Luongo the always on his belly goalie will never get up until the puck is in the Canucks net.

It is time for Luongo to ask for a trade. Even if Vancouver is swept tonite, if they can dump Raymond, trade Luongo and Ballard, they will have the Cap space to get a Shea Weber and a goal scorer and this team will still be a contender. A sure win to start Schneider in net tonite.

I'm surprised. Thought for sure they would start with Luongo, but I can't say I'm unhappy. I support both goalies, but think it's better in our long-term interests to put our faith in Schneider.

Looks like they're going in that direction now...it's hard to cut ties with Schneider if he becomes the starter in the playoffs.

This post is retarded just because of that. Luu would've stole game 1 & 2 if the team decided to show up. :picard:

Also, a sure win...mhm...Did Schneider win game 6 last year? Nope...How about game 3 this year...Nope....Hasn't won a single playoff game yet...and it's a "sure win"

I think Alain made the right choice, Luongo gave up 8 goals in the 2 games he played

while Cory gave up 1 in the last game.

Yes i realize goaltending was not the problem in the loss's to L.A. so far in this series.

The defence has been suspect at times, the offense has dried up, and the power play

has been struggling for quite some time now. But the team seems to play a little more

responsible in front of Cory.

The team always play better in front of Schneider because he seldom gives up so many juicy rebounds by Luongo which lead to secondary and tertiary scoring opportunities. And you will never play well in front of Luongo when in the back of your mind, you never know when is he going to give up the next backbreaking softies. Think about how many goals this guy had given up with shots from behind the goal line in the past playoffs.

Luongo did not play well in the two games he played. He opened up his big five hole for Richard's 5 on 3 goal. Brown's breakaway was a sure goal because he had been beaten by the same move hundred of times and I knew exactly what Brown was going to do watching the game. Pucks will always leak into the net through the Luongo holes when goal crease scrambles last more than a few seconds as in the third goal game 2. Luongo the always on his belly goalie will never get up until the puck is in the Canucks net.

It is time for Luongo to ask for a trade. Even if Vancouver is swept tonite, if they can dump Raymond, trade Luongo and Ballard, they will have the Cap space to get a Shea Weber and a goal scorer and this team will still be a contender. A sure win to start Schneider in net tonite.

Luongo played decent in the first two games (heck, he made more great saves in the first minute of game 1 than Quick has made in all three games), but in game 2 when the game was tied 1-1 and the Kings had that SH breakaway, you needed a save from Lu but he didn't provide it. He bit like he does for most breakaways and it was a killer.

This is a WIN WIN situation for Canucks management.....boy did they play their cards right

If we win tonite, it was a great decision as we are now in it

If we lose with Schneider in net, a lot of idiots will be calling for his head giving the organisation an out to trading him without taking much heat.......

Well played.........

Archived