The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider Starting Game 4

jj99

I think that it's a big deal to the individual goalies but you guys are blowing this all out of proportion.

First, remember it was AV's and not MG's decision to start Schneider. However, it will be MG's decision on whether to trade either goalie.

Second, who says this is the end of the Luongo era? Lu is still a great goalie. It just seems like RIGHT NOW, the team plays better in front of Schneids. CS may still get traded.

In a do-or-die game the coaching staff has to put out the best possible roster in their minds that can win us the game. When they choose to start Schneider over Luongo, kind of saying that they feel Schneider has more chance of giving the team a chance to win over Luongo. Now this really will start a goalie controversy.

Brutal decision. I don't think the goaltending was the reason the canucks played better in game 3. Nor was it the reason we lost any of the games. It is not good because of the bigger picture. Sure if you want to be simple minded and say that Schneider gives us a good chance to win this etc thats fine. But if you look at the bigger picture, not starting Luongo means that the chances of him staying in Vancouver are reduced significantly, and even if that's the plan what happens when you dont get the trade offer that you want? You should never box yourself into a situation like that.

For those of you who are simple enough to think that it is just about winning this one game and it wont matter big picture, I don't even know what to say. Schneider and Luongo give us similar chances to win today. From that perspective, yes Schneider starting isn't a bad thing. However, anyone who knows anything about hockey could point out that this move means that however long these playoffs are, Luongo will not get another start for no fault of his own and will likely be on his way out even if we can't get anything good for him or even remotely improve the team as a result. If either goalie gives us a similar chance to win, but you create problems by choosing one then you might as well choose the other. Unless you believe Schneider is by FAR the better choice to play, in which case you are as much of a bandwagoner as the Luongo fans you decry. The team and town already have a bad rep for how players are treated, I doubt this helps that at all.

I think that this is a mistake, but I care more about whether or not we win today and I hope we do and somehow come back to win the series in 7. That's my main concern as a fan of the team, but I don't like this move.

I think that it's a big deal to the individual goalies but you guys are blowing this all out of proportion.

First, remember it was AV's and not MG's decision to start Schneider. However, it will be MG's decision on whether to trade either goalie.

Second, who says this is the end of the Luongo era? Lu is still a great goalie. It just seems like RIGHT NOW, the team plays better in front of Schneids. CS may still get traded.

Brutal decision. I don't think the goaltending was the reason the canucks played better in game 3. Nor was it the reason we lost any of the games. It is not good because of the bigger picture. Sure if you want to be simple minded and say that Schneider gives us a good chance to win this etc thats fine. But if you look at the bigger picture, not starting Luongo means that the chances of him staying in Vancouver are reduced significantly, and even if that's the plan what happens when you dont get the trade offer that you want? You should never box yourself into a situation like that.

For those of you who are simple enough to think that it is just about winning this one game and it wont matter big picture, I don't even know what to say. Schneider and Luongo give us similar chances to win today. From that perspective, yes Schneider starting isn't a bad thing. However, anyone who knows anything about hockey could point out that this move means that however long these playoffs are, Luongo will not get another start for no fault of his own and will likely be on his way out even if we can't get anything good for him or even remotely improve the team as a result. If either goalie gives us a similar chance to win, but you create problems by choosing one then you might as well choose the other. Unless you believe Schneider is by FAR the better choice to play, in which case you are as much of a bandwagoner as the Luongo fans you decry. The team and town already have a bad rep for how players are treated, I doubt this helps that at all.

I think that this is a mistake, but I care more about whether or not we win today and I hope we do and somehow come back to win the series in 7. That's my main concern as a fan of the team, but I don't like this move.

Archived