The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider Starting Game 4

jj99

Dear Luongo: You had some solid games in vancouver...you also had alot of weak games....the young gun behind you stole the show. If i could just ask for one last favour before you go.....Please don't put florida on your list, we have already picked them dry. I could see Nash/Parise/Lecaviler type player working here in vancouver.I don't blame you if you don't want to go to Columbus, but think of the fans! Best of luck next season.

Lu played really well in games 1 and 2. BUT: was outplayed by Quick.

Game 3, CS wasn't outplayed by Quick. But for one goalpost (I know, a goalpost is a miss... but...) and/or blown coverage it would have been a win for the nucks or an OT game.

Definitely means Lu is out though. He is in high demand, lots of teams have poor goaltending. 5.5 cap hit isn't un-tradable - in fact it is quite tradable. I can see him going East and potentially South. Who to trade him for? Offense, obviously, a sniper, pure goal-scorer of some sort if we can get him... or top pick in draft (dream on?)??

ultimately I think this is the base line simplest explanation. Team looked good in game 3. Whether that was really

Schneider or not AV doesn't want to move away from that. so schneider starts game 4. It will be an interesting off season whenever that comes around that is for sure.

for now... on to game 4 let's get it done and bring series back to vancouver for a game 5

I've been playing for longer than you've be alive, so careful who you call "stupid".

I never said Lou was the reason we lost. However, Schneider's play in game three earned him the next start, IMO. An opinion shared by the head coach.

I guess I can assume that you're one of those so impressed with his own knowledge that you think it trumps that of an actual NHL coach, is that about it?

Luongo deserves a lot more credit than he has gotten for how professional he's been. Even when they kept cutting his starts down and down, denying him the opportunity to play against Boston, and now this, he hasn't pouted once. The guy is a true team player and professional.

The problem is this team has been going downhill since acquiring Kassian.

We just don't have enough to get a cup and neither goalie makes a difference. No matter how good.

This is just throwing Lu under the bus and it's bad. Hopefully both goalies playing split games was prearranged.

What is it with all these children throwing insults around?

My opinion is in no way based on what Luongo did. I feel that Schneider's play last game has earned him this start.

Can we start limiting CDC access to these pre-schoolers?

Archived