Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * * * 2 votes

Schneider Starting Game 4

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
309 replies to this topic

#121 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:29 PM

Its a pretty definite statement when the coach says hes going to play the goalie who gives us the best chance to win !! Sentiment aside, hes playing the numbers game and going with the goalie who has the better stats.

#122 Yeria

Yeria

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:30 PM

This is Vancouver. If he can't handle the media, what is he doing here?

It doesn't mean he won't be able to handle it.

If two goaltenders have the same ability to win us the game tonight, then why not give Luongo the shield so that people can calm down a bit?

#123 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:31 PM

I predicted that the team has been on a downhill spiral ever since 'the trade'.

A sweep actually wouldn't surprise me. Specially with Kassian and Kesler being no shows..

And I predicted us going down 3-0. I could say whatever I want now too.

Posted Image

#124 mr wicked

mr wicked

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 49 posts

Dear Luongo: You had some solid games in vancouver...you also had alot of weak games....the young gun behind you stole the show. If i could just ask for one last favour before you go.....Please don't put florida on your list, we have already picked them dry. I could see Nash/Parise/Lecaviler type player working here in vancouver.I don't blame you if you don't want to go to Columbus, but think of the fans! Best of luck next season.

#125 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,224 posts

Schneider deserved a start in the SC Finals last season after Lu melted down. AV knows that. Schneider has been playing outstanding the entire season.

#126 RUPERTKBD

RUPERTKBD

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 20,511 posts

\

Your an idiot, that was a terrible rebound and thats exactly what you would of said if Luongo was in net you tool.

What is it with all these children throwing insults around?

My opinion is in no way based on what Luongo did. I feel that Schneider's play last game has earned him this start.

Can we start limiting CDC access to these pre-schoolers?
Orland Kurtenbach and Dennis Kearns had just been torched 8-1 by the Habs, but they still took time to come out to meet us, some fellow BC boys who were playing hockey in Montreal. THAT"S what being a Canuck is!

#127 Tanev's Smirk

Tanev's Smirk

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:32 PM

Are you a wizard?

#128 snolan

snolan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,510 posts

One would think that Lou would want out of Vancouver after playing decent in two games and then riding the pine for the next two critical games.

CMON GUYS HAVE SOME FAITH! WE ARE GOING TO WIN. ANYONE CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT IF THEY WANT. YOULL SEE

-- 1st Period of Game 2 VS the Kings, 2012 Series

#129 vannuxforlife

vannuxforlife

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,332 posts

its a team game which showed the team played ALOT better game 3...hes taking that into account.

ultimately I think this is the base line simplest explanation. Team looked good in game 3. Whether that was really
Schneider or not AV doesn't want to move away from that. so schneider starts game 4. It will be an interesting off season whenever that comes around that is for sure.

for now... on to game 4 let's get it done and bring series back to vancouver for a game 5

#130 Ṣpiderman

Ṣpiderman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

Are you a wizard?

My exact sayin

Posted Image

#131 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,460 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:34 PM

Lu played really well in games 1 and 2. BUT: was outplayed by Quick.

Game 3, CS wasn't outplayed by Quick. But for one goalpost (I know, a goalpost is a miss... but...) and/or blown coverage it would have been a win for the nucks or an OT game.

Definitely means Lu is out though. He is in high demand, lots of teams have poor goaltending. 5.5 cap hit isn't un-tradable - in fact it is quite tradable. I can see him going East and potentially South. Who to trade him for? Offense, obviously, a sniper, pure goal-scorer of some sort if we can get him... or top pick in draft (dream on?)??

#132 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,224 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

ultimately I think this is the base line simplest explanation. Team looked good in game 3. Whether that was really
Schneider or not AV doesn't want to move away from that. so schneider starts game 4. It will be an interesting off season whenever that comes around that is for sure.

for now... on to game 4 let's get it done and bring series back to vancouver for a game 5

There's also the reasoning that after a few games/days off, Luu sometimes needs a few games to get in the zone again. Schneider played outstanding last game and he is full of confidence. I just hope this team scores some damn goals.

#133 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,677 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:35 PM

Not sure why it's such a huge debate. Canucks play better in front of Schneider and he has had the better stats. Right now he gives us the better chance to win.

qrak1x.jpg

#134 Yeria

Yeria

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:36 PM

I've been playing for longer than you've be alive, so careful who you call "stupid".

I never said Lou was the reason we lost. However, Schneider's play in game three earned him the next start, IMO. An opinion shared by the head coach.

I guess I can assume that you're one of those so impressed with his own knowledge that you think it trumps that of an actual NHL coach, is that about it?

Right, and I just came back from polishing my Stanley Cup rings.

I don't care if you've been playing hockey all your life. If it wasn't for the blown coverage and turnovers, Luongo would have shut the doors too.

So I guess you called this to be the "correct" decision because you know so much about hockey, huh?

#135 The Brahma Bull

The Brahma Bull

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,224 posts

Not sure why it's such a huge debate. Canucks play better in front of Schneider and he has had the better stats. Right now he gives us the better chance to win.

Agreed. I also think Luongo is a better teammate than a lot of people give him credit for. He knows Schneider is a solid goalie.

#136 iLLmAtlc

iLLmAtlc

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 746 posts

Luongo deserves a lot more credit than he has gotten for how professional he's been. Even when they kept cutting his starts down and down, denying him the opportunity to play against Boston, and now this, he hasn't pouted once. The guy is a true team player and professional.
Posted Image

#137 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,673 posts

The problem is this team has been going downhill since acquiring Kassian.

We just don't have enough to get a cup and neither goalie makes a difference. No matter how good.

This is just throwing Lu under the bus and it's bad. Hopefully both goalies playing split games was prearranged.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#138 jimsandlak83

jimsandlak83

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:37 PM

The funny thing is that Luongo IS better than Schneider.

Just like any statement in life you should back it up with evidence. What is the evidence that Luongo is better than schneider? We can only look at numbers (and more importantly numbers on the road), and schneider has better numbers. The argument that he has been playing limited games does not apply because in any chance that he's been given, he has performed. He has not had 3 straight playoff meltdowns.

#139 Yeria

Yeria

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:38 PM

What is it with all these children throwing insults around?

My opinion is in no way based on what Luongo did. I feel that Schneider's play last game has earned him this start.

Can we start limiting CDC access to these pre-schoolers?

By saying Schneider "earned" it, you're saying Luongo doesn't "deserve" it.

Your argument can't connect unless that's what you're implying. None of the goals Luongo allowed were his faults. Why can't you say he "earned" it too?

#140 CodyHodgson's #1fan

CodyHodgson's #1fan

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:39 PM

don't like this move, Luongo played well, and we are now on the brink as you all know, so what happends if we lose tonight, then our number one goalie did not go down with the team. The backup did.. On the other hand if we win then what do we do the rest of teh series as we will always be on teh brink?
Always will love and support Cody Hodgson, great player, great potential great character, and I don't care about those stupid rumours about the trade. And we lost him, what a dissapointment. Love you COHO, forever a canuck in my heart!

One day Luongo will raise Lord Stanley's cup.
And show all those haters that he is the amazing goalie that he is.
No matter what jersey he wears, I will always be cheering for Luongo.

Forever Believe.

#141 Special Ed

Special Ed

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,673 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:40 PM

I made several posts/threads since the Hodgson trade, saying its going to lead us on a downward spiral.

Not my fault u didn't see them. I mean I'm sure I could dig them up if I really wanted.

But for you... Not worth it.

If you like looking at statistics to determine who's better, you're just a casual fan.

2.41 season GAA isn't very impressive. Let's not get into playoffs and his SV%.

Cory Schneider is the next Patrick Roy.

#142 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,698 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

For me, it comes down to two thing

1. Who does the team play better in front of? I think the answer is pretty clear.
2. When they need a big save, who is more relaiable? When the Nucks got back to within 1, in game, two, Luongo lets in a dribbler from the side of the net. IN game three, the Nucks are down, pressing hard, pinching, and Schneids came up with 3-4 pretty monumental saves to keep the team within 1 goal. That, in a nutshell, is why this decision is the right one.

It's clear now that it's either AV or Luongo this summer, with a high possibility of both.

#143 TheCammer

TheCammer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,843 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:41 PM

Oh I smell trouble a brewing if we lose!!!! I love Lou but I think this is the right call in the short term. Long term...not good.
258bdr6.jpg

#144 realnucksfan2010

realnucksfan2010

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 238 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:43 PM

I honestly don't know if this is the right move. Schnieds has been nothing short of amazing this year, but Lou is the guy, His two games in this series he has been huge so i don't know about this.
I do like how the team is more agressive in front of Cory though, the team seems to play scared in front of Lou. Mabey this is the right move, I don't know.
Just chewing of what remaining finger nails i have left, hair line is receding to.

#145 stawns

stawns

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,698 posts

By saying Schneider "earned" it, you're saying Luongo doesn't "deserve" it.

Your argument can't connect unless that's what you're implying. None of the goals Luongo allowed were his faults. Why can't you say he "earned" it too?

He let in 7 in two games.......3 of which were awful. Sure, he made some good saves, but he didn't make many timely saves.

The people who are saying Lu was "amazing" in the first two games must ahve only watched short snippets of the games. he was good, but he was far far from amazing and the stats back that up.

Edited by stawns, 18 April 2012 - 12:44 PM.

#146 SevenDays

SevenDays

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 66 posts

I love Lu... but I'm excited for Schneid's biggest game yet

#147 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:44 PM

So if Schneiderman wins tonight, does he start game 5?

DUHHHHHHHH

#148 Denguin

Denguin

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,743 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:45 PM

Surprising move, I really thought Luongo would get the nod tonight... Probably just showcasing Schneider...

#149 dorrcoq

dorrcoq

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,037 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:46 PM

I made several posts/threads since the Hodgson trade, saying its going to lead us on a downward spiral.

Not my fault u didn't see them. I mean I'm sure I could dig them up if I really wanted.

But for you... Not worth it.

They don't call you "Special Ed" for nothing. Maybe time to take a refresher course.

#150 Yeria

Yeria

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,401 posts

Posted 18 April 2012 - 12:47 PM

He let in 7 in two games.......3 of which were awful. Sure, he made some good saves, but he didn't make many timely saves.

The people who are saying Lu was "amazing" in the first two games must ahve only watched short snippets of the games. he was good, but he was far far from amazing and the stats back that up.

I usually agree with what you say but I feel this is really a toss up. If you want to be critical and say Luongo didn't make timely saves, then Schneider's right pad rebound was definitely untimely.

My stance throughout the entire thread has been this: I can't see which one is a right decision and a wrong decision because both Luongo and Schneider have the ability to win games.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.