The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Schneider Starting Game 4

jj99

For me, it comes down to two thing

1. Who does the team play better in front of? I think the answer is pretty clear.

2. When they need a big save, who is more relaiable? When the Nucks got back to within 1, in game, two, Luongo lets in a dribbler from the side of the net. IN game three, the Nucks are down, pressing hard, pinching, and Schneids came up with 3-4 pretty monumental saves to keep the team within 1 goal. That, in a nutshell, is why this decision is the right one.

It's clear now that it's either AV or Luongo this summer, with a high possibility of both.

I honestly don't know if this is the right move. Schnieds has been nothing short of amazing this year, but Lou is the guy, His two games in this series he has been huge so i don't know about this.

I do like how the team is more agressive in front of Cory though, the team seems to play scared in front of Lou. Mabey this is the right move, I don't know.

Just chewing of what remaining finger nails i have left, hair line is receding to.

By saying Schneider "earned" it, you're saying Luongo doesn't "deserve" it.

Your argument can't connect unless that's what you're implying. None of the goals Luongo allowed were his faults. Why can't you say he "earned" it too?

He let in 7 in two games.......3 of which were awful. Sure, he made some good saves, but he didn't make many timely saves.

The people who are saying Lu was "amazing" in the first two games must ahve only watched short snippets of the games. he was good, but he was far far from amazing and the stats back that up.

If Schneider played in games 1 and 2 he wouldn't have done as good as Luongo? Im pretty sure he would have let in less goals than Luongo. I, for one, am not as worried when Schneider is in net and someone takes a shot. Whereas Luongo, my heart beats rapidly everytime someone shoots at him.

I don't think the fans will turn on Schneider unless he melts down like Luongo has in the past. There is just something in Luongo's personality that does not endear him to this fan-base; possibly his ego and perceived arrogance when talking to the media. Of course, this is not necessarily a bad personality trait, especially at the goaltending position.

I don't think of this as the fanbase running out another goaltender, but rather an organization decision to keep a younger goaltender that has immense upside, and may already be a better goaltender than Luongo is at this point. Luongo is not young, and he has been on the decline for a few years now. His athleticism and overall mobility is clearly not the same from when his first few seasons with Vancouver, and this certainly should not come as a surprise since he was never a very agile or flexible goaltender even in his prime. He has changed his goaltending technique to make him a more efficient goaltender, and maximize his strengths, which is his size, natural instincts, and reflexes. It has allowed him to still be a very good goaltender.

But if the future of this club and it's aging core is going to have continued success in the next half-dozen years, the team has to go with Schneider, and not Luongo.

Schneider is hardly a downgrade from Luongo. Schneider is the epitome of the modern goaltender. Plays a calm, composed game. Flexible and dynamically agile, but at the same time efficient and perfect in his positioning. He's a humble player that also is very confident in his abilities. I love the little message that he has on his blocker. "Don't fear failure. Compete. 100%. Enjoy the Process. Play for others."

We are lucky to have a potential franchise goaltender that could take over for our aging franchise goaltender. Whatever happens or doesn't happen in the off-season, just remember that we are Vancouver Canuck fans first and foremost. If Luongo is the one to go, I wish him all the luck and success wherever he goes.

Dear Luongo: You had some solid games in vancouver...you also had alot of weak games....the young gun behind you stole the show. If i could just ask for one last favour before you go.....Please don't put florida on your list, we have already picked them dry. I could see Nash/Parise/Lecaviler type player working here in vancouver.I don't blame you if you don't want to go to Columbus, but think of the fans! Best of luck next season.

The problem is this team has been going downhill since acquiring Kassian.

We just don't have enough to get a cup and neither goalie makes a difference. No matter how good.

This is just throwing Lu under the bus and it's bad. Hopefully both goalies playing split games was prearranged.

Archived