Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

westvandude

I Think The Solution To All This Madness Is...

18 posts in this topic

Harsh and consistent punishments!

I know people have said this more or less before, but I mean really harsh and very consistent punishments handed out to any and every infringement:

- Dirty plays after the whistle? (e.g. shoving your stick in goalie's chest, wacking at his gloves, jumping late to a fight and sucker punching, obvious diving/embelishment) basically anything that gets captured by the cameras would immediately get reviewed, the penalized player would get 2+5 or 10 (2 minor to the team, 5 or 10 to the player)

- You hit someone illegally? regardless of injury to the victim (this is to make sure people aren't faking injuries), you get 5 major to the team, game misconduct and 2-5 games suspension

- Your hit/action is terrible and obvious atempt to injury? (Torres, Keith, Webber) you get suspended infinitely, and a hearing to happen at a convineintly later time when you've already missed a bunch of games would give you another 5-10 game suspension from the hearing date

- You're a star and think you can get away with anything cuz NHL is a wuss and is worried more about TV ratings than it's product's quality? screw you, you get the same treatment as everyone else

- You b1tch and complain too much? you get a minor.. you complain more, you're out of the game. The coach complains too much during the game? 2-4 minute minors... you complain about how bad the system is after the game? suspension.. 2-5 games. (screw fines, money doesn't matter to these guys, at least not $2,500)

and so on...

This way, everyone knows that there is a harsh and consistent watchful eye watching their every move (Big Brother style!), so they'll think twice before doing something stupid, and games would be much more fun and fair.

And for those who worry that this would take some of the physicality out of the game... well I for one prefer skill over brute force, so if this system makes the game more robust/skillful and less physical/goonish, then that's a good trade off and I'll take it any day!

I honestly expected seeing a guy being kicked into a big pit after the title

Good read, though. I agree with a lot. Time to play hockey, the goonshow is ridiculous.

BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAACON

Lets just stop the stupidity...how about 20 game...none of this 1 or 2 game crap..."BALLS"

Take out a top six player, the team how has lost their star gets to pick any player off the other team to sit out until the star who got hurt comes back...a quick fix for any head hunter with no hockey skill to punish his team as much as he punished the other team.

Harsh and consistent punishments!

I know people have said this more or less before, but I mean really harsh and very consistent punishments handed out to any and every infringement:

- Dirty plays after the whistle? (e.g. shoving your stick in goalie's chest, wacking at his gloves, jumping late to a fight and sucker punching, obvious diving/embelishment) basically anything that gets captured by the cameras would immediately get reviewed, the penalized player would get 2+5 or 10 (2 minor to the team, 5 or 10 to the player)

- You hit someone illegally? regardless of injury to the victim (this is to make sure people aren't faking injuries), you get 5 major to the team, game misconduct and 2-5 games suspension

- Your hit/action is terrible and obvious atempt to injury? (Torres, Keith, Webber) you get suspended infinitely, and a hearing to happen at a convineintly later time when you've already missed a bunch of games would give you another 5-10 game suspension from the hearing date

- You're a star and think you can get away with anything cuz NHL is a wuss and is worried more about TV ratings than it's product's quality? screw you, you get the same treatment as everyone else

- You b1tch and complain too much? you get a minor.. you complain more, you're out of the game. The coach complains too much during the game? 2-4 minute minors... you complain about how bad the system is after the game? suspension.. 2-5 games. (screw fines, money doesn't matter to these guys, at least not $2,500)

and so on...

This way, everyone knows that there is a harsh and consistent watchful eye watching their every move (Big Brother style!), so they'll think twice before doing something stupid, and games would be much more fun and fair.

And for those who worry that this would take some of the physicality out of the game... well I for one prefer skill over brute force, so if this system makes the game more robust/skillful and less physical/goonish, then that's a good trade off and I'll take it any day!

Great! None of us thought about that now, did we?

Now go ahead and talk to Gary Bettman and Brandon Shanahan.

scoring goals by any means nesseccary, simple as that

I agree fully. Too many hits out there, if not suspendable, are borderline and unnecessary. Hits even like the one on Henrik by Brown, "clean" by NHL standards but borderline, 1/2 second too soon and it's a hit from behind and unnecessary as there was a Kings player in front of Henrik defending him already and Henrik was getting rid of the puck so the hit was only done to hurt the player. I don't believe to intentionally knock him out of the game as Brown doesn't seem to be that kind of player to me. But why have those hits allowed when they have a high percentage of being able to take out the best players in the game?

You reap what you sow, Campbell.

Take your retarded ego, lack of professionalism and ethical fortitude and have a good, long look at what you've done to the NHL.

Love,

Hockey Fans of 2011 SCF

the only solution to any kind of madness is bacon

This is play off hockey,it is rough and tough,not a cycle the puck around and make the perfect pass hockey. The Canucks are great in the regular season,just not built for play off style hockey.

It's like you people are new to hockey, come play off time,the game changes, it always has and it always will. Look at last year when the Canucks owned the league, they won the presidents trophy by dominating the regular season, yet after 3 rounds of the play offs were a beat up and injured bunch limping into the final and I'm not gonna go into the 4th round(still hurts to much).

The bottom line is hockey is a tough sport, you want skill and no hit,go watch the women play otherwise enjoy the next 2 months of great hockey.

ps: how many on this board still wish we had Torres playing for us at this time?

What's this bacon stuff everyone is talking about? Must have been an internet meme i missed out on!

This is play off hockey,it is rough and tough,not a cycle the puck around and make the perfect pass hockey. The Canucks are great in the regular season,just not built for play off style hockey.

It's like you people are new to hockey, come play off time,the game changes, it always has and it always will. Look at last year when the Canucks owned the league, they won the presidents trophy by dominating the regular season, yet after 3 rounds of the play offs were a beat up and injured bunch limping into the final and I'm not gonna go into the 4th round(still hurts to much).

The bottom line is hockey is a tough sport, you want skill and no hit,go watch the women play otherwise enjoy the next 2 months of great hockey.

ps: how many on this board still wish we had Torres playing for us at this time?