The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

So Out Of The 2 We Pick Cory. Possible Destinations For Lou?

mshtws

I haven't done much research and would like your thoughts. The decision today means we definitely won't be getting rid of Cory S going into next year. So where do you think Lou ends up? I have no idea.... There has to be 5-8 teams out there that would love to have him to ensure they at least make the playoffs next year.

????????

We don't know how this is being handled internally

There is a chance that Schneider getting the start in an elimination game will have implications on Luongo's future here. Or maybe not depending on what is going on behind closed doors

Not sure who there would be a better market/higher demand for:

Luongo - ton of experience, has meltdowns in big games, but can also carry the team on his back

Schneider - younger, better style of goaltending, less experience

I haven't done much research and would like your thoughts. The decision today means we definitely won't be getting rid of Cory S going into next year. So where do you think Lou ends up? I have no idea.... There has to be 5-8 teams out there that would love to have him to ensure they at least make the playoffs next year.

????????

????????

We don't know how this is being handled internally

There is a chance that Schneider getting the start in an elimination game will have implications on Luongo's future here. Or maybe not depending on what is going on behind closed doors

Not sure who there would be a better market/higher demand for:

Luongo - ton of experience, has meltdowns in big games, but can also carry the team on his back

Schneider - younger, better style of goaltending, less experience

My personal gut feeling is the guy starting tonight will be the guy we go with moving foreward. If we win tonight I don't see how you could possibly put the other guy in for the next game, if we lose I just don't see how you can go with the guy you told essentially "didn't give us the best chance to win" to start next season.

Just my 2 cents.

My personal gut feeling is the guy starting tonight will be the guy we go with moving foreward. If we win tonight I don't see how you could possibly put the other guy in for the next game, if we lose I just don't see how you can go with the guy you told essentially "didn't give us the best chance to win" to start next season. Just my 2 cents.

Any opinion on this is pure speculation at this point, however in the siprit of this topic i would have to say that MG keeps schnieds because not only is he younger but the sky is the limit on his potential.

Lou has been inconsistant ever since his groin issues from last season, and you all can't deny that.

Lou i do believe could be traded (if he waves his NTC) to either TB or CBJ. both of these teams are really hurting bad for a goalie, however we don't know what the future holds so this is just a guess.

I hope Lou is in net tonight and proves us all wrong!!!!!

Go Canucks Go!!!!

i think this approach jumps the gun a bit.

remember when halak took over in montreal as starter during their run to the conference finals a couple years ago?

as we all know,

he was traded.

its really just a wait and see scenario. for now, lets all hope for the best tonight, and with any luck, moving forward in the series, with whoever is in goal.

Any opinion on this is pure speculation at this point, however in the siprit of this topic i would have to say that MG keeps schnieds because not only is he younger but the sky is the limit on his potential.

Lou has been inconsistant ever since his groin issues from last season, and you all can't deny that.

Lou i do believe could be traded (if he waves his NTC) to either TB or CBJ. both of these teams are really hurting bad for a goalie, however we don't know what the future holds so this is just a guess.

I hope Lou is in net tonight and proves us all wrong!!!!!

Go Canucks Go!!!!

Way too early for this: perhaps they don't want to come out and say "Lu tore a bicep muscle" or "Lu tweaked his groin" or any other possible physical reason Lu is not playing.

Personally, It is not the goalie, and has not been in the whole series..the netminders don't score goals.

So, if we win tonight, great, if we lose tonight, we will have a long hot summer to figure out what the nucks and the goalies are up to.

I agree that Schneider starting tonight does not necessarily mean anything except Schneider has played better than Luongo in this series by the numbers (Luongo: 3.59 GAA .891 SV%, Schneider 1.03 GAA, .950 SV%).

BUT, for the sake of argument, I think there are two teams that could help each other by trading Luongo if management decided Schneider was the better keep, especially if we want to make a push for Weber, need to dump some salary.

1. Toronto -- just like Philly last year, an important mentality is work your way from the goalie out, and get a well-proven goalie that is locked up for year. To Vancouver: Joffrey Lupul, Jake Gardiner, second round pick. Think about Lupul up with the Sedins, and getting a young future star defenseman could be perfect. Problem: Toronto is an even bigger pressure-filled market than Vancouver.

2. Tampa Bay -- Their need for a goalie is obvious, Luongo loves Florida (wife, family, etc.) and would get him into a smaller, less pressure-filled market. To Vancouver: Vincent Lecavalier. Would be an incredibly high risk play for Vancouver for another overpaid player, but if he has a few more good years in him, he could be a valuable asset to move to the wing and play with the Sedins.

Archived