Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Rock Pile

Montreal Fans Think They Can Benefit From Canucks Making Changes

36 posts in this topic

Reading on a Montreal forum where a couple of fans posted about bringing back AV, saying how much more experienced and better of a coach he is now and that he can lead Montreal to the Cup. They can have AV back.

Someone also even mentioned getting Kesler. Uhh. Isnt in still under contract? I suppose he could be traded but Montreal really doesn't have much the Canucks would want in return.

If I was a Canadiens fan, I would be very excited at the prospect of getting a great coach who has been nominated for the Jack Adams 3 times and won once, not to mention that he has only missed the playoffs once in six years while coaching the Canucks (and we were not a great team on paper for the first couple of years).

Those fans might possibly be right.

They can have AV I don't think he fits our team anymore, he would fit there team fine, I would be happy for him and wish him the best if we let him go and then he went there.

I don't know why Montreal would want him back because he didn't last long there the first time. Granted, he didn't have alot to work with there. Montreal is a tougher market and has more pressure then Vancouver. AV would fill the francophone requirement which the coach must be able to speak.

Well maybe Montreal can have Gillis because if he doesn't fire AV he should be fired.

Well maybe Montreal can have Gillis because if he doesn't fire AV he should be fired.

Subban will be a star and is their best d-man. Don't see them parting with him.Subban and Price are good friends, so if they did trade Subban that would upset Price.

That would be quite expensive tandem of Schneider and Price. It would be another controversy with two elite goaltenders. I'd be surprised if Montreal traded Price.