The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Montreal Fans Think They Can Benefit From Canucks Making Changes

Rock Pile

Reading on a Montreal forum where a couple of fans posted about bringing back AV, saying how much more experienced and better of a coach he is now and that he can lead Montreal to the Cup. They can have AV back.

Someone also even mentioned getting Kesler. Uhh. Isnt in still under contract? I suppose he could be traded but Montreal really doesn't have much the Canucks would want in return.

If I was a Canadiens fan, I would be very excited at the prospect of getting a great coach who has been nominated for the Jack Adams 3 times and won once, not to mention that he has only missed the playoffs once in six years while coaching the Canucks (and we were not a great team on paper for the first couple of years).

I don't know why Montreal would want him back because he didn't last long there the first time. Granted, he didn't have alot to work with there. Montreal is a tougher market and has more pressure then Vancouver. AV would fill the francophone requirement which the coach must be able to speak.

Archived