The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Is There So Much Hate Towards Luongo

Nic JF

Ok, if any of you do not hate Lui then you don't have to read.

WHY?

Why do you all hate Luongo?

What has he ever done to us?

Nothing.

Those times in which you say he "melted down", no.

The only reason he "melted down" was because he was the only goalie playing. If Schneids wins today I can guaranty that Lui and Schneids will lead us to the cup.

Anyway, I'm off topic, why do you all hate Luongo? He's never done anything bad to us, or at least not on purpose. So come on, cheer on both of our goalies and GO CANUCKS GO.

The fanbase in Vancouver has ripped through 17 goalies between McLean and Luongo. 17 goalies dressed for us in 7 years.

People here rip goalies apart insanely.

The only goalies that seem to be able to handle it have to be totally calm, ice cold when it comes to the fans reaction.

Luongo is emotional, but has succeeded because of his great skill, but the emotional toll builds up. He is 2nd in the history of the NHL for wins in a season, he's got the best winning percentage of any goalie in the franchise history, and the fanbase here thinks he's garbage. It really comes down to fan stupidity...

Ok, if any of you do not hate Lui then you don't have to read.

WHY?

Why do you all hate Luongo?

What has he ever done to us?

Nothing.

Those times in which you say he "melted down", no.

The only reason he "melted down" was because he was the only goalie playing. If Schneids wins today I can guaranty that Lui and Schneids will lead us to the cup.

Anyway, I'm off topic, why do you all hate Luongo? He's never done anything bad to us, or at least not on purpose. So come on, cheer on both of our goalies and GO CANUCKS GO.

I think some fans are tired of his inconsistency. Cause in the end, we are "Canucks" fans, and we want to see the Canucks win. If they feel a goalie is dragging down a team, it would not be a good thing. He's been underwhelming for a while, he's not great so far. he has lost 4 striaght playoff games, during this time, he's allowed 17 goals. That's average of above 4 goals allowed per game, that is not great goaltending at all. I don't think anyone "hates" him, a lot of them prefer Schneider.

Guest Dasein

Fans bandwagon when the team starts to play well.

That happens to be 2007 or later - the years we've had Luongo for.

They jump on the bandwagon and just do not know how big an impact Luongo had on our team going from fringe teams like Calgary to the elite team that it is today.

They simply have no appreciation for Luongo because they do not know that we were terrible before him.

So when the team that was built around Luongo became better, Luongo became the scapegoat.

Because he melts down at the most inopportune time and has such a fragile state of mind. Always thinks the world is out to get him and question his abilities. You think people around the league say Luongo is fragile and inconsistent they're just making stuff up? Remember a few years ago he was voted the players most GM's would build a team around and hyped to death. Ya people hate him for no reason....right.

Not only do I love Luo I would love to be Luo.

Half a mil$$ a month,homes in various countries,beautiful wife and family,a father in law with unlimited pizza and red wine.

Great goalie,arena named after me,gold medal,great career,lifestyle of the rich and famous.

What a gig.Who wouldn't have loved the life of Luongo?

I really doubt that anyone HATES Lou... sure..he gets his game picked apart...but thats not a personal attack...its about performance or preference,

Lou has worked very hard, performed very well and is a great Canuck but like everything...there is always someone waiting in the wings to take your spot or gets better than you. Its happening to Lou and will happen to every team member in turn. He may not have a future in Vancouver but that does not lessen whats hes given us in the past !

I really doubt that anyone HATES Lou... sure..he gets his game picked apart...but thats not a personal attack...its about performance or preference,

Lou has worked very hard, performed very well and is a great Canuck but like everything...there is always someone waiting in the wings to take your spot or gets better than you. Its happening to Lou and will happen to every team member in turn. He may not have a future in Vancouver but that does not lessen whats hes given us in the past !

I don't think you will have to worry about it too much longer. After this year he will be gone. They can't possibly keep him after starting Schneids the last two games. What are they going to say, "Hey we want you as our #1 but when our backs are against the wall we will play the backup"?

I have been a big supported of Lu and its too bad that this is how it ends. I bet Lu gets traded to Tampa in the offseason.

Good bye Luo and good luck.

Archived