The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Is There So Much Hate Towards Luongo

Nic JF

In my opinion Luongo would have probably allowed 3 in the game tonight with the chances the Kings had...I know its speculation thats why I say its my opinion...Hell Luongo allowed 4 in game 2 and the Kings had less quality chances in that game than they did tonight. Its not that Luongo is bad or I hate Luongo but Schneider is really showing how much better he is.

Schneider is the better goalie. He hardly ever has an off game whereas Luongo has at least one mental collapse in the playoffs every year. Schneider's cap hit is 1/6th of Luongo's. Schneider has youth going for him while Luongo is clearly declining and nowhere near his 06/07 form. Schneiders GAA, sv% and winning % are all vastly better than Luongo's. Those stats have now continued into the playoffs and with the season on the line, Schneider has finally, deservedly, taken over the #1 job.

In my opinion Luongo would have probably allowed 3 in the game tonight with the chances the Kings had...I know its speculation thats why I say its my opinion...Hell Luongo allowed 4 in game 2 and the Kings had less quality chances in that game than they did tonight. Its not that Luongo is bad or I hate Luongo but Schneider is really showing how much better he is.

Ughh.. Schneider is a great athlete, and a great goalie. However this 'hate' for Luongo is absolutely unwarranted. So, let's begin with tonights game.

1. Beaten, shot deflects off the post.

2. Bailed out by Salo, puck left loose in the blue paint. Schneider had lost track of the puck.

3. Bailed out a second time, puck comes off the post while Schneider

4. Rebounds deflected out in to the slot, in front.

errrrr, i'm not talking about "scoring goals." I'm talking about his performance when facing elimation. 3 nights ago, we scored 0 goals, but we allowed 1, everyone knew Schneider played great.

We lost 4-0 in game 7, was Luongo great? Theres my point. That being said, he was great against Chicago.

Whatever man, you Luongo homers can keep insisting he is better and Cory will just keep proving you wrong and your boy Luongo will just keep proving the Schneider homers right. acknowledgeable....bwhahahaha...source?? last time I checked these are peoples opinions not statements that need a source?

Homers? I don't recall ever placing one athlete above the other. Simply defending an athlete does not make one a homer. Your entire speculation is based on numbers. Now, if you'd been following the series at all, you'd realize that the Canucks started this series off poorly . The first two games could have resulted in much higher scores, had Luongo not stepped up his own performance.

I like how you criticize me for speculating then follow that up with some rampant speculation of your own "The first two games could have resulted in much higher scores, had Luongo not stepped up his own performance." Way to go man, way to go. Its just as valid to say that the first two games could have resulted in much lower scores if the Canucks had started Schneider instead of Luongo. Why bother using logic though, people don't listen to logic.

Archived