The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Why Is There So Much Hate Towards Luongo

Nic JF

The fanbase in Vancouver has ripped through 17 goalies between McLean and Luongo. 17 goalies dressed for us in 7 years.

People here rip goalies apart insanely.

The only goalies that seem to be able to handle it have to be totally calm, ice cold when it comes to the fans reaction.

Luongo is emotional, but has succeeded because of his great skill, but the emotional toll builds up. He is 2nd in the history of the NHL for wins in a season, he's got the best winning percentage of any goalie in the franchise history, and the fanbase here thinks he's garbage. It really comes down to fan stupidity...

Ok, if any of you do not hate Lui then you don't have to read.

WHY?

Why do you all hate Luongo?

What has he ever done to us?

Nothing.

Those times in which you say he "melted down", no.

The only reason he "melted down" was because he was the only goalie playing. If Schneids wins today I can guaranty that Lui and Schneids will lead us to the cup.

Anyway, I'm off topic, why do you all hate Luongo? He's never done anything bad to us, or at least not on purpose. So come on, cheer on both of our goalies and GO CANUCKS GO.

Wow. Not all of us hate Luongo. In reality, the majority of people love him, we're just quieter than the haters. Me and lots of people I know are diehard Luo fans. He's our hero, we look up to him, and get incouraged by his determination and bravery. Not everyone hates him...

As a Cloutier fan I was instantly against Luo when the trade went down. Watching him play over the years I feel on most nights he needs everything to go his way to make the save.

With Cory I find myself confident whenever he's in net. Win or lose he always seems to keep calm (unlike Luo).

As a Luo disliker I guess this post will be ignored.

Because most fans here dont 'get' hockey.

They pull out stats without taking into consideration even the obvious.

Powerplays. Games played. Ect.

Luongo is still a better goalie than schneider... Why?

Experience. Soon as schneids plays a bit more those same people will be on him too. I prefer to support players when they start to decline.

Why is it players like linden, naslund and others get chased out of vancouver only to return later. Players that do a lot for the organization shouldnt be treated like this.

Luongo is no exception.

As a Cloutier fan I was instantly against Luo when the trade went down. Watching him play over the years I feel on most nights he needs everything to go his way to make the save.

With Cory I find myself confident whenever he's in net. Win or lose he always seems to keep calm (unlike Luo).

As a Luo disliker I guess this post will be ignored.

Schneider makes momentum changing saves in games that COUNT...hes always calm and clutch

this mentality is what Luongo is lacking....hes like a hockey version of David Beckham...choke when it counts the most.

Luongo is an emotional guy...his emotion can affect his performance sometimes...especially when he let in a weak goal.

And please, blame it on the bad defense etc....but we are paying him 5-6 mils a year so he can make those saves when our team plays bad....we are paying him the premium to CARRY this team and steal crucial games.

If he was only getting paid 2-3 mil, then no one would blame him.

Archived